G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OMG damn pot-hole

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG damn pot-hole

Well, here I'm driving the wife to the inlaws for a birthday party at night. This is around the raining season here in Cali, and pot holes glore. I'm going about 50 miles/hr, enjoyoing the nice purrr of the car and minding my own business when I encountered this nasty sized pot hole that came from nowhere. There were cars to my right and left so I couldn't change lanes fast and no time to stop. It was a pretty good bump as I went over it (well, the front right tire), and I thought that wooh, a close one. It was about 5 min later when the low air warning came on. Luckily I was already there at the inlaws so I pulled over and I could hear the hissss coming out of the front right.

After replacing the now flat wheel with the spare, I noticed to my surprise not a blown out tire, but a bent nick in the inside part of the rim. The outer circle where the rim meets the tire has a dent where the air LEAKED out. DAMN

I think I need a new rim, since the rim itself is as a whole a bit bent (not % circle any more

Anyways, any chance this will be covered under warranty?

Where can I just buy the front rim (18" for 2004 coupe)? and how much do they run for?

Any one selling just one rim that I'm looking for??

Can service fix it, or can anyone fix a small dent in rim?

WATCH OUT FOR THEM POT HOLES

Old 02-13-2005, 01:32 PM
warranty wont cover it.

take a rubber mallet, put cloth over the bend and bang it out.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:32 PM
You are going to be very disappointed in the cost of replacement for a stock wheel. I can tell you that warranty will not cover the damage caused by the pot hole. Repair is an option, but if repainting is involved, they will not be able to match it 100%.

Best bet is to go on Ebay and try and find a wheel. Dealer cost is ~$800 or something ridiculous like that if I remember correctly....

Old 02-13-2005, 01:44 PM
There are some wheel shops that can fix your rim. It will be cheaper than buying a new or used oem rim. If you're in So. Calif., I know of a wheel shop that fixes bent rims for around $75. You can PM me for info.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:46 PM
warranty will not cover it. if you have dealer road hazard coverage, they'll cover it or your insurance company can replace it if it costs more than your deductible

Old 02-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
www.wheelcollision.com has refurb ones for much less.

They fixed my SSR's a while back and they do a great job.

also check out www.aaarims.com

Old 02-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Less than half hour post and 5 replies already, thanks guys.

Ya, I guess warranty is out, so is buying it from the dealer. My insurance has 250 deduc, so I guess that's out too.

I think the best thing would be to either have it fixed, or buy/replace it with a fixed one. Keith, I PMed you, also I will check out the above links.

I live in HB (huntington beach) so cal, so if you guys know of reputable places, please let me know, thanks.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:15 PM
► Matt ◄
Now is your excuse to buy some aftermarket rims man! Get some 18's and use your stock tires so your pocket doesn't take a major hit.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Only if I had the money to buy aftermarket rims, tires, intake, exhaust, or for that matter turbo

Old 02-13-2005, 04:44 PM
try writing a letter to the city with the damages they might pay for it from what i've heard

Old 02-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude,

i have 2 words for you

eBay

Old 02-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesn't hurt to try going after the city. But no guarantees there. I've seen some of these types of losses paid and others denied. Not much differences in the circumstances. A Subrogation rep from the last insurance company I worked for told me some cities pay only a percentage of these types of losses. And you wil have to file within a certain period of time otherwise you're assed out.

Most refurbished wheels are just used undamaged wheels taken off from wrecked cars. These are a good, low cost option. Your body shop can probably locate one for you. You might be able to see if your insurance company's physical damage department can give you the names of some used parts dealers that can locate one for you. They may not be able to sell to you directly, but your shop can then order it or they can refer you to a shop they do business with that can...

Old 02-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
don't waste money on buying another rim.. just go to.........

http://www.fixarim.com

OR

what part of cali? There's a shop local to me (bay area) that fixes everything.. from curbed rims to bent rims called Wheel Techniques. i'm sure you have a shop like that locally.

Old 02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ebay item # 7954447208

$150 free shipping from (bay area) CA

Last edited by baileyrx; 02-13-2005 at 08:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG damn pot-hole