G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Driver seat hip bolster removal questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 02:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Coupe Driver seat hip bolster removal questions

I searched all on the forum and couldnt find an answer. I love everything about the seat in my G coupe. It actually plush and supportive at the same time. However, one thing thats bothering me is the metal hip bolster inside the seat. After about an hour of driving, I start to get hip, thigh, and lower back pain. I have sciatica back pain (lower back pain nerve pain that shoots down my legs) and i also have duck feet 😮. though i love how the seats hug your hips in, i however need more hip room to get a good driving position.

Now when i sit in the passenger seat, and it perfect!. Its just as supportive as the driver seat, but it doesnt have the metal hip bolster inside the seat.

Now Ive searched the forum and found that some owners that had issues with the g35/g37 sport seat bracket, so they ended up cutting the hip bolster bracket out of the seat and adding padding. Results made the seat 10x more comfortable.

Now is there any thread on the forum to do this procedure to the G35 Coupe or is this the same procedure?

Also how do you take the upholstery off the seats to get to the bracket?

I have a day off coming up so i would love to tackle this when i fix my rattling window

Another option is to put in g37 seats. Is that possible to install those into the coupe?

Thanks

Old 12-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Update: after looking at the frame I saw that the hip bolster is apart of the whole frame. So what i did was wrap some memory foam around the bolster and on the seat bottom to make the bolster less protruding. Now the seat feel 3x more comfortable on the left side and it takes alot of stress of the leather bring torn on the bolster.