G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Do you take your shoes off before entering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you take your shoes off before entering?

For those of you that have the Willow interior, do you take your shoes off before you get in your G? We've got a Willow carpet in our living room at home, which would look pretty bad if we didn't take our shoes off when coming in from the outside. Wouldn't it made a lot more sense, and even look better if the carpets in the Willow interior were a charcoal color that wouldn't show all the dirt and grease that gets dragged in from parking lots and garages?

Old 05-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Re: Do you take your shoes off before entering?

I have the Willow floormats in addition I put rubber mats over those and the paper mats the dealer puts in when you get your car serviced over the rubber mats.

6MT; Desert Platinum; Nav; premium; performance

Old 05-07-2003, 04:14 PM

i take my shoes off and i have pair of sndals in the driver area and put those on. and throw the drity shoes in the trunk but im a neat freak so dont fallow my advise

Old 05-07-2003, 04:39 PM

Talk about coincidence...what a topic. I have Willow mats also, every week I am cleaning and scotch guarding and within days mine (drivers side) is filthy again. Solution, just visited my dealer last Sat. Picked out a mat swatch called Euro Grey...an ordered them. This color is a really close match for the greyish trim belnding with the willow interior...at least thats how mine is with Desert Platinum exterior. Hopefully the darker mats will not be so difficult to clean.

As far as taking your shoes off....I have a nice pair of slippers with a medium hard sole I wear on extended highway trips..........

Growler.................growling again!

Old 05-07-2003, 05:32 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why I got black (graphite) interior. Doesn't show dirt. So what happened, instead of dirt, I got gum on the carpet mat!!
As long as you have any mat (carpet, rubber, etc.) you should be OK with any color.

Old 05-07-2003, 07:56 PM

You are yanking my chains, right? I'm a PITA (ask my wife...) when it comes to keeping the interior all of my cars clean (no food/drink, etc.) but this is insane. Why not just take reasonable care (not tracking in mud, gum, tar, etc.) and just accept the fact that the G35 is just a car and it gets dirty in day-to-day use. Use it as it was intended and clean it up when you are done.

Next thing you know, there will be people wrapping the interior in plastic and makes everyone wears surgical masks and gloves before getting in the car... :-P

Old 05-07-2003, 09:11 PM

ROTFLMFAO!!!! A lil **** are we? Wahhaaahaaaa! You guys are killin me! Buwahhhaahhaaa...............................

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
Ordered 4/03: 2003 G35C, 6MT, Blk/Blk. Loaded ETA ~ 7/03

Old 05-07-2003, 11:34 PM

By "dealer", I assume you mean the Infinity dealer is providing the clear mats. That being the case, I'll have to take another look at Willow.

Old 05-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey kkh713x, what's with the stereotyping? Japanese take off their shoes. That's why I was thought about it beforehand and got the Graphite Interior.

Anyone in her heard of Scotchguard? It works, you can buy it at any walmart, target, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you take your shoes off before entering?