G35 Engine Cooling Temp a little hot...I think

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I know what's the problem:

1) I have a short aftermarket headers
2) exhaust sound is higher especially on the front
3) I lost torque because I used to drift much easier at 1st and 2nd gear at low rims
4) AIT is higher causing higher ECT... this means that backpressure air is becoming hot going to the engine.

All these make me assume that the exhaust leak is at the begining between headers and engine and creating this additional heat. Tomorrow I'll go to the exhaust guy and let him check the place I feel theres something wrong and I'll get back 2 u guys and tell update you but I'm feeling I found it

Old 12-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
That would have to be a pretty serious exhaust leak to contribute that much to engine bay temperatures. A little leak will have almost no impact. A big enough leak would be very noticeable and extremely loud.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Anthonys G35

I have a 2004 infiniti g35 and it is overheating i changed the fluid the thermostat and the sensor and its still overheating.There is no leaks and all the hoses are sealed and tight. The service engine soon light is on what are some other things it can be?

Old 12-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
That would have to be a pretty serious exhaust leak to contribute that much to engine bay temperatures. A little leak will have almost no impact. A big enough leak would be very noticeable and extremely loud.
I went to the exhaust guy and yes there was a big leak and he fixed it but still the temp problem is not solved do you think mishimoto racing thermostat will solve my problem?

Old 12-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Anthony Kahnis
I have a 2004 infiniti g35 and it is overheating i changed the fluid the thermostat and the sensor and its still overheating.There is no leaks and all the hoses are sealed and tight. The service engine soon light is on what are some other things it can be?
Could be water pump or fans not working

Old 12-16-2015, 05:03 PM
but if the water pump wasn't working wouldn't it be leaking? an the fan turns on

Old 12-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Anthony Kahnis
but if the water pump wasn't working wouldn't it be leaking? an the fan turns on
Your fans are not working? The car is overheating and the fans dont work?

Old 12-16-2015, 05:11 PM
the fans do work they turn on but it still overheats

Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Dunno bro... if other guys can help :s I hate heating problems

Old 12-16-2015, 05:23 PM
ya i cant figure out how to post a new pots

Old 12-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by AhmadH
I went to the exhaust guy and yes there was a big leak and he fixed it but still the temp problem is not solved do you think mishimoto racing thermostat will solve my problem?
Are you using a stock thermostat as is?

Your short-ram air intake could be causing slightly elevated engine temps. If you still have the factory intake, try swapping that on and driving for a few days to see what your temps are like.

Are you using the right coolant mixture and right type of coolant?

Old 12-17-2015, 03:07 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
Are you using a stock thermostat as is?

Your short-ram air intake could be causing slightly elevated engine temps. If you still have the factory intake, try swapping that on and driving for a few days to see what your temps are like.

Are you using the right coolant mixture and right type of coolant?
1) I'm using stock thermostat (not oem Nissan )

2) don't think the air intake because I have been running this for years and I had no problems before.

3) yes using the right mixture and right type of coolant.

I'm now thinking about the ECT sensor because the car after being parked overnight goes fast to normal temp

Old 12-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Correct my analysis

Hello guys, if you can please help me. I have a G35 coupe 2003 with almost all NA mods (bolt ons). The problem is that the engine coolant temp is a hot I think like the guy before. There's no overheat (it's in the middle) but I have a digital gauge attached to the obd2 and it shows the temp reaching 96 degrees celcius (205 F) and when the fans start the degrees will go to 87 C (188 F). I changed the water pump, thermostat (stock), changed the radiator cap, cleaned the radiator, bleeded the cooling systerm and flushed it, almost did everything but it's still the same. I'm getting a Mishimoto thermostat because I know other thermostats are not good. No smoke from exhaust and no mixing of coolant and oil. Could it be the Uprev remap because it was done when I used to have the "PREVIOUS" racing mishimoto thermostat? Should I continue driving the car until it overheats? Coolant level is the same btw, No leaking???? :S Please help guys
This is my latest analysis:

The engine coolant temp is high when the Air intake temp is high especially when I'm in traffic or car is moving. Ect reaching 96 and AIT reaching 70 while outside the weather is 15. So 1) high AIT 2) bad gas mileage 3) engine sound a bit higher. I went to this analysis. The hot air coming out of the engine is leaking and not going through the headers and is coming back 2 engine causing high temps that the sensor is reading.

These maybe missing or blown away.

Here is the leak causing heat problem.

Anyone can tell me if my analysis is correct?

Thanks for the help guys

Old 12-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Hello guys, if you can please help me. I have a G35 coupe 2003 with almost all NA mods (bolt ons). The problem is that the engine coolant temp is a hot I think like the guy before. There's no overheat (it's in the middle) but I have a digital gauge attached to the obd2 and it shows the temp reaching 96 degrees celcius (205 F) and when the fans start the degrees will go to 87 C (188 F). I changed the water pump, thermostat (stock), changed the radiator cap, cleaned the radiator, bleeded the cooling systerm and flushed it, almost did everything but it's still the same. I'm getting a Mishimoto thermostat because I know other thermostats are not good. No smoke from exhaust and no mixing of coolant and oil. Could it be the Uprev remap because it was done when I used to have the "PREVIOUS" racing mishimoto thermostat? Should I continue driving the car until it overheats? Coolant level is the same btw, No leaking???? :S Please help guys
I noticed from the scanner that my engine coolant temp is increasing when my Intake Air Temp is high reaching 140 degrees F while outside it's cold like 59 degrees F. I read a thread that the air condenser might be dirty and blocking cold air from coming inside and also I have a short air intake and I don't have an air intake duct installed which I guess will increase air intake. Could be the air condenser clogged? Because 2 mechanics have seen the car and told me it's normal and asked me to stop looking at the digital gauge :s. What do you suggest? I don't feel the car is fine
Your temps are fine, I'd suggest you listen to what 2 mechanics have told you. Make sure air is completely bled by opening that bleeder valve behind the engine, it may take a few heat cycles to get all the air out.

A major problem with short ram intakes is that they heat soak and suck in hot engine bay air.

I don't see how an exhaust leak will cause your engine to overheat, maybe run and sound like crap, but not related to coolant temps.

Where is the stock temp gauge in the dash? Is it in the middle or creeping to hot? If it's in the middle, you need to stop and look to some other issue.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
Your temps are fine, I'd suggest you listen to what 2 mechanics have told you. Make sure air is completely bled by opening that bleeder valve behind the engine, it may take a few heat cycles to get all the air out.

A major problem with short ram intakes is that they heat soak and suck in hot engine bay air.

I don't see how an exhaust leak will cause your engine to overheat, maybe run and sound like crap, but not related to coolant temps.

Where is the stock temp gauge in the dash? Is it in the middle or creeping to hot? If it's in the middle, you need to stop and look to some other issue.
Bro look at my last post. The area between engine and headers I think is leaking and this leads to hot air near the engine. The gauge is in the middle but I know it's not normal temperature

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Engine Cooling Temp a little hot...I think