G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering Springs

Hello all,

I am considering lowering my 04 Coupe this summer. I have done alot of reading about the various springs and there seems to be a heated debate between Tein, Eibach and a couple other brands. Can you give me your opinion and impression on the springs you installed. If i go with the Eibach springs, will i need a camber correction kit? If so ,i have not seen these kits available anywhere. I want to lower the car but i want to avoid any uneven tire wear and any dealer warranty issues. Another item, I am leasing the car, should i ask the dealer before lowering the car, will Infiniti give me hassle?

thanks in advance
Martin

Old 02-18-2005, 12:51 PM
No one cares to elaborate?

No one cares to elaborate?

Old 02-18-2005, 01:04 PM
well i would get not just springs but Tein flex coil overs with the EDFC gosh can we say bad *** but thats only if you want to lay down a little over 1500K

Old 02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
coolice - have you looked through the wheels,suspension forum? You should.

If you're worried about warranty, don't do it because it will void the
warranty on the struts and possibly other items.

You can do it on a leased car just as long as you return the car in
its original form.

Old 02-18-2005, 03:04 PM
This subject, more than any other I can think of, is so steeped in personal opinion that it is next to impossible to get clear, objective information. The more you read people's posts about lowering their cars, the more conflicting opinions you will get. One person will tell you the Eibach Pro kit made their ride less harsh and softer, another person will tell you it definitely made their ride firmer and a bit harsher. One person will tell you the Tein H techs did not change the feel of their car at all over stock, and someone else will complain that it made their car noticably firmer and they didn't want that. I have read completely contradictory impressions of every spring used in the G, so it boils down to this - you believe what you want to believe about any particular brand of spring, and know that it is very possible that your actual experience will be different. I had planned to lower my car before I purchased it, but I'm not for two reasons - 1) I already scrape when going in and out of driveways, parking lots, etc - more than any other car I have owned. I don't want to drive around town inching my way into every parking lot, crawling over speed bumps etc., that would get old quick 2) After reading so many conflicting reports of the ride quality of every spring out there, I don't have any assurance I can make a purchase and know what to expect from it. There isn''t even any agreement as to what springs will require the purchase of camber arms to get the car back into spec! One person will tell you they put Tein S Techs for the 350 Z on their car and were able to get their cars alignment back into spec, and another person will tell you they couldn't get their car even close to back in alignment with the exact same springs.

Good luck to you in trying to decide amidst all the contradictory opinions out there,

Prolix