G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pulled Over Stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled Over Stories

So I recently got my G in November with a good record on my hands. Though my last ticket was 3-4 years back for doing a California roll... I'd say about a month ago I got pulled over by a cop for crossing the white line by the onramp going on to the freeway. Is that lame or what? I'm still awaiting my ticket in the mail. The cop told me to wait 2-3 weeks and so far I haven't received it yet. Maybe he realized it was a dumb ticket.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I got pulled over for a suspected toll violation on the 73 north about a week ago. I just got the car so I still have the paper plates and my toll transponder wasn't visable. He told me to drive safe and congratulated me on the new purchase.

Oh yeah, I have traffic school tonight for a speeding ticket I got in my old S2K back in August. Good times.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I got pulled over 3 hours after picking up my coupe a few weeks ago. Got a ticket for 66 in a 55, window tint too dark and no front plate (transferred the tag from my old car so no temp tag) even though the front plate bracket hadn't been installed yet. I go to court in a few weeks.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:58 PM
haha

i got a ticket for no front plate. went to police dept with front plate on. got a signature from some 18 yearold secretary kid and went home. wrote a check for 10 bux. and took off my plate

Old 02-18-2005, 07:05 PM
This is not quite a pull over story. I was in LA on San Vicente by La Cienega trying to beat the traffic. I spot a LAPD car in the slow lane, and everybody slows down to 35 to 40 mph. Good, there won't be a speeding ticket. Then the cop moves over falls behind me and starts following me. My G is legal except for the 35% tint on all windows. Okay, I'm going to get a fix it ticket.

He pulls up beside me at the stoplight, and and of course I've rolled my windows down. He says "hey". I said "hey, how's it going?" He says, "The car looks really clean man - enjoy it". I said, "Thanks man".

Old 02-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I was pulled over for doing 91 ina 55. The cop was cool, however. Wrote me up for 82 in a 55 and didn't say a thing about my intake (as if he knew it was there), lack of front plate or tint.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Cool

Just so you guys know, my dad, and alot of my friends are cops, and there also car guys. It takes something very stupid for them to pull people over, they ignore alot of the fix it ticket bull****. So what Im saying is that there not all bad. Peace

Old 02-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Keith N
This is not quite a pull over story. I was in LA on San Vicente by La Cienega trying to beat the traffic. I spot a LAPD car in the slow lane, and everybody slows down to 35 to 40 mph. Good, there won't be a speeding ticket. Then the cop moves over falls behind me and starts following me. My G is legal except for the 35% tint on all windows. Okay, I'm going to get a fix it ticket.

He pulls up beside me at the stoplight, and and of course I've rolled my windows down. He says "hey". I said "hey, how's it going?" He says, "The car looks really clean man - enjoy it". I said, "Thanks man".

Isn't 35 the legal limit in CA? I dont know how different it is if its smoked though...

Old 02-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
got my first tciket 7 days after i got my license and my G......62 in a 40...205$ ticket but took traffic school which costs 35$ to reduce the ticket to 175$...kind of dumb right? at least no points on my license.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:24 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Jesus son you got like 60 more years of driving to go!

Old 02-18-2005, 09:25 PM
► Matt ◄
I got pulled over one night in a town my high school was it (at the time). The cop (their was 2 in the car) actually planted weed in my car, then arrested me. Parents had to come and get me. They know I don't smoke, so I filed a lawsuit and had the bag of weed undergo testing for prints. The case got thrown out, but the police didnt get in trouble. The judges final words before he said the case was thrown out was, "We found no evidence of (me) on the bag, so therefore we are going to drop the charge." No s-hit about the cops doing it. The weed was definately planted by the way becuase I didn't allow people in my backseat, and thats where they "found" it. Only people who were allowed in my IS was me and my girl. Hows that for a nice pulled over story.

Last edited by IS300TOG35; 02-18-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:33 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Somone probably through it out of their car and when you drive by with your windows open it just landed back there. Happens all the time.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:39 PM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Somone probably through it out of their car and when you drive by with your windows open it just landed back there. Happens all the time.
Actually no, I watched their movement. First one asked about the camera I had and if it was recording them behind the car. I said no. He asked me to get out and open the trunk to see if their was a "recorder in their". At the same time officer number 2 came to the passenger side and opened the back door. My girl was in the car at the time, and watched him do this. He then shut the door and walked back to the trunk where me and officer 1 were at. Then officer number 1 began to search the front seats of my car, (for a recorder), then he went to the backseat on the drivers side (at this time I got back in the drivers seat). Then he walked around and went to the pass side back seat, stuffed his hand inbetween the seat back and the part where you sit on and low and behold, out came the bag. I highly doubt if someone threw it, that it would land stuffed between the seats.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by IS300TOG35
Actually no, I watched their movement. First one asked about the camera I had and if it was recording them behind the car. I said no. He asked me to get out and open the trunk to see if their was a "recorder in their". At the same time officer number 2 came to the passenger side and opened the back door. My girl was in the car at the time, and watched him do this. He then shut the door and walked back to the trunk where me and officer 1 were at. Then officer number 1 began to search the front seats of my car, (for a recorder), then he went to the backseat on the drivers side (at this time I got back in the drivers seat). Then he walked around and went to the pass side back seat, stuffed his hand inbetween the seat back and the part where you sit on and low and behold, out came the bag. I highly doubt if someone threw it, that it would land stuffed between the seats.
Man, that's some F'd up bull****. Sorry that happened to you.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I got pulled over for my only ticket probably 7 years ago. 70 in a 55 (freeway), going uphill, 6:45 AM, on a Saturday, no one on the road.

As it was explained to me the (by the officer), they were cracking down because an officer had lost control chasing someone down in the area. The officer was in a Camaro with the cop-package (good suspension, tires, engine, etc.), never found out what the other guy was driving (although for the time and place, it probably wasn't all that good).

The only way the police wrecks is because he exceeded his abilities. Unfortunately I bore the brunt of the example the police were trying to make.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled Over Stories