G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Electric Work (DMV Area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
My guess is that it will be one of the two blue relay options shown in the attachment.

Later Gator

Attached Thumbnails Electric Work (DMV Area)-capture.png  
Old 05-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relay works fine swapped it with another, fuse not blown but still replaced it and bulbs not blown but had to buy new ones because i broke them out of anger lol So it must be in the wires now im stuck, i dont know how I would fix that.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:41 AM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by RewTwin
Relay works fine swapped it with another, fuse not blown but still replaced it and bulbs not blown but had to buy new ones because i broke them out of anger lol So it must be in the wires now im stuck, i dont know how I would fix that.
See we have already ruled out the relay with no cost to you. This is where it gets interesting and the troubleshooting fun begins, not to worry and no anger, we will figure it out. It is also where you get to use a Multimeter (Volt/Ohm) meter. Did you buy a cheap one already? Also, answer the Canadian/USA question I posted earlier.

With time and patience we will narrow it done to the source of the problem. As we troubleshoot and because I am not there to see the test results on the meter my self, I do need you to be specific when you answer my questions.

I provided you with a drawing of the relays and I guessed that it would be a blue relay. Was I right? If yes, which of the two blue relays is it? I need to know this to provide you with some instruction for troubleshooting. Post pictures of the relay for me, the terminal end and there should be a depiction of the terminals on one of the sides or top of the relay.

Like any job you do, you have to some very basic things to prepare for the job. I need you to get two pieces of wire about 6 feet long.

Oh yeah! it is Mothers Day weekend and my time is very limited, so unless you are in a rush, this might take a little time.

Last edited by wuzz-upp; 05-09-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i figured out the problem. well there were 2. the first is one light was actually blown but the metal that the fog light connects to to ground the connection was dirty on both headlights so once i cleaned them everything worked. THANK YOU ALL for your help!!!!