G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Damn rain, brake discs rusting and dealer accessory question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn rain, brake discs rusting and dealer accessory question...

Hey yall,

Since its raining here in SoCal, I noticed my disc brakes are rusting a bit. I know its normal, but my question is, do I just drive it normal and let the pads do the cleaning or should i wipe it down so that there isn't added crud in between the pads and the disc?

Also, I will be goin in for an oil change soon, would it be crazy of me to ask the dealer for chrome license plate frames with the infiniti logo on them? I mean I did pay full MSRP on this car, and there are a few things that have upset me so far such as the Bose radio not saving its audio settings and squeaking from the rear veiw mirror...so would it be fair? My dealership seems to be kinda cheap though which worries me.

How should I phrase my propsition to them (for them to give me free frames)?

Old 02-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just drive normally. After braking a few times the surface rust will be gone.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Gee Im Fast...
Which dealership are you dealing with?

Old 02-19-2005, 09:30 PM
if you want the thing, just ask. whats the worst that can happen? they look at you funny and make a smart comment?

Old 02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I live in Seattle, and if I had to manually clean my rotors, I would not be driving :P

Just let the pads do their work, they are good at cleaning the rotors.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:42 PM
yea i have the rust too wish they can go away !

Old 02-19-2005, 10:44 PM
yea I was at the dealership today and since its raining in SOCAL, all the disc brakes on the new G35coupes and sedans are all rusting! not a real goood advert for the cars!

lol

Old 02-19-2005, 10:53 PM
do rust on your rotor will make high pitch noise whenever you brake??

Old 02-19-2005, 11:05 PM
hate to tell you guys but every car out there on the road has rusted disks when it rians, except for an enzo with carbon fiber brakes. It's not a go or bad thing. A porsche even gets rusty disks in the rain. The fact is you have a bare metal that is constantly being "machined" leaving it exposed to the elements and then oxidizes. No big deal, it does't affect anything! I guess if it really bothers you, you can 1. buy new carbon fiber roters or 2. buy some hub caps that cover up the wheel so you can't see the brakes.

Old 02-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Hey yall,

Since its raining here in SoCal, I noticed my disc brakes are rusting a bit. I know its normal, but my question is, do I just drive it normal and let the pads do the cleaning or should i wipe it down so that there isn't added crud in between the pads and the disc?

Also, I will be goin in for an oil change soon, would it be crazy of me to ask the dealer for chrome license plate frames with the infiniti logo on them? I mean I did pay full MSRP on this car, and there are a few things that have upset me so far such as the Bose radio not saving its audio settings and squeaking from the rear veiw mirror...so would it be fair? My dealership seems to be kinda cheap though which worries me.

How should I phrase my propsition to them (for them to give me free frames)?
Geee im fast

First off you did not get ripped off. You where the first to have the 2005 6mt. I do not care what other people say here. Forget about what you paid. Your car came with all the bells and wishes. About your brakes. Give her a good lick and just move on. You have the only first g35 6mt. Good god beat her hard and she will love you!!!

Old 02-19-2005, 11:46 PM
The coy approach. "I wanted this appointment to be on Valentine's Day because you've meant so much to me .... oh my, that chrome plate frame over there, is that for me?"

The aggressive approach. "I wish I could justify buying the M45 from you later this year but you kicked the crap out of my finances when I bought the G35. Say, are you giving those cheap chrome plate frames away?"

The comic Clint Eastwood approach. “I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, did he walk around that car six times or only five? Well to tell you the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being as this is the M45, the most profitable sports sedan in this dealership and you just sold me the G35 at full MSRP ... Now, you must ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?’ Oh by the way, can I have a set of those chrome plate frames?"

Old 02-20-2005, 12:12 AM
LOL you guys rock! BTW, our 4runner got a case of rusty brakes, I drove it today and it sqeeked a bit when stopping so maybe it does affect it since there will be fine rust grains now stuck in there? Oh well I'm over it but the Clint Eastwood approach might makem think I'm crazy...

And NOS GEE, if you mean bells and whistles as in all the sqeeks and rattles, then yea, I gottem ALL!! It's a symphony in my car...and that's without the BOSE on

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 02-20-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Oh well I'm over it but the Clint Eastwood approach might makem think I'm crazy...
Yeah, it's definately the risky approach but if you could really get into character, you'd pull it off. They'd give you the plates just for shaking them out of their daily stupor.

Madonna once said, "I live for meeting with men in suits. I love them because I know they had a really boring week and I walk in there with my orange velvet leggings and drop popcorn in my cleavage and then fish it out and eat it. I like that. I know I'm entertaining them, and I know that they know."

Good luck!

Old 02-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Gee Im Fast,
A few months back I purchased my 2003 G35c from my local Porsche dealership. The first time I went to the Infiniti dealership here (Saturday oil change), I said "What are the chances you would swap that Porsche dealer frame I have for me with one of yours so I can quit advertising for your competition?" The affirmative answer was too damn quick to even approximate time for ya...... ( And yes, I got one of the "aftermarket" nice chrome ones.... still haven't put it on yet though, lol)

Last edited by EG35; 02-20-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Florida G35 Club
LOL you guys rock! BTW, our 4runner got a case of rusty brakes, I drove it today and it sqeeked a bit when stopping so maybe it does affect it since there will be fine rust grains now stuck in there? Oh well I'm over it but the Clint Eastwood approach might makem think I'm crazy...

And NOS GEE, if you mean bells and whistles as in all the sqeeks and rattles, then yea, I gottem ALL!! It's a symphony in my car...and that's without the BOSE on
Hay Brother You do not seem to be happy. What was your build date?
This is crazy but I went to the dealer today and they had only one pre sold 6mt with a build date of 10-2004 . mine was 12-2004. Maybe you got a 2004 makeup. What was your build date? Dennis

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Damn rain, brake discs rusting and dealer accessory question...