G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe. Plenum spacer, k&n filter, z tube. Muffler delete.
Wow, thanks for that insight, I guess I was fooled. Meh well I will try and get my money back and proper sensors ordered.

Last edited by Kyronsk8; 08-03-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:47 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Kyronsk8
So after switching back to the original (which I thought had an issue) the car is fine and I can floor it to my actual redline. It does not and didn't have an o-ring on it.

So now I'm wondering if it's just the sensors I ordered. They claim to be OEM for all 3, all at 40-45 bucks. Can it be confirmed of they are original or not?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173945940894
Often when a good deal seems too go to be true it is. The price for each of the actual Nissan sensors is more than the price of this 3 pack. That's another thing to watch for when shopping for authentic Nissan parts. I can see how people will be fooled by the packaging though, you should report your purchase issue to ebay. It's bad enough people sell this garbage much less have ebay allow it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blue Dream:
cleric670 (08-03-2019), Kyronsk8 (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 01:56 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,463 Likes on 2,155 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah it's super shady. "Nissan Group" is technically the name of the international company after they merged with Renault, everything that we have here stateside is from "Nissan North America" or NNA. Any of their genuine parts either look like that baggy I posted earlier or it will be entirely printed in Japanese. I assume there are other language variants for other countries with large markets but those are the only two I've ever seen.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wuzz-upp
06g35,

For what is worth, being that you have tried a new sensor and numerous used ones with similar results, yes you could have a connector or wiring problem. I was looking at the circuit diagram and if you have an intermittent ECM Relay that could also cause the problem. Consider swapping it for troubleshooting with another relay in the same fuse block. The relay is located in the IPDM E/R Module, this sits behind the battery on the firewall. Reference service manual section EC, page 378. I recently experienced a similar event with my G, I have posted my problem in the Uh Oh thread. I just ordered a new sensor from rockauto.com.

Good luck
Did it fix your problem ?

The following users liked this post:
Kyronsk8 (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:21 AM
G35 Coupe. Plenum spacer, k&n filter, z tube. Muffler delete.
So in the end, all I ended up doing was going back to all the original sensors previously installed on the car.

My passenger side green plug for the cam sensor was super wobbly and would turn the car off if I touched it or if it had to much vibration. So I cut it off and replaced it, then I wouldn't randomly shut down anymore.

The driver side one was fine...

Then I put the original crank shaft sensor back on. This is what really fixed my "limp mode" issue. So basically I put the original one on and cleaned out a bunch of water from inside the plug (which I think was my original issue, check for water) and my car was good as usual.

No issues now except for some reason when my ac is on, my car jerks a little from time to time as If it wants to shut off. I feel like to fix that issue is to get completely new authentic cam sensors.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kyronsk8
So in the end, all I ended up doing was going back to all the original sensors previously installed on the car.

My passenger side green plug for the cam sensor was super wobbly and would turn the car off if I touched it or if it had to much vibration. So I cut it off and replaced it, then I wouldn't randomly shut down anymore.

The driver side one was fine...

Then I put the original crank shaft sensor back on. This is what really fixed my "limp mode" issue. So basically I put the original one on and cleaned out a bunch of water from inside the plug (which I think was my original issue, check for water) and my car was good as usual.

No issues now except for some reason when my ac is on, my car jerks a little from time to time as If it wants to shut off. I feel like to fix that issue is to get completely new authentic cam sensors.
Oh oknice thank u

The following users liked this post:
Kyronsk8 (09-17-2019)
Old 07-04-2020, 01:04 PM
G35 coupe automatic
I not understand

Originally Posted by 06g35
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Wazz-upp, I appreciate all your help; however, went through all the diagnostics and didn't get anywhere. So I kinda parked the car for a few weeks and last week decided to take out the tranny hoping to find a cracked flywheel. I didn't find that, but after examining the flywheel against another flywheel I had, I noticed that the mounting surface compared to the signal plate was 1.2mm shorter than of the original meaning that the flywheel was pushed toward the engine basically 1/16th of an inch. This was enough for the car to run perfectly fine until I put a load on it and it would move over just a bit, but enough to get out of range of the crank sensor. This explained why all sensors behaved different. There is a little bit of wiggle room to mount the sensor either closer or further away from the engine but not enough to keep it in range under different loads. If you examine the sensor closely ( put a sharp metal object to the magnetic part ) you will notice that the actual magnet is only about 1/8 of an inch in the middle of the plastic sensor, therefore, would not take much to jump out of the range. I installed the new flywheel and not once did it stutter.

Hope this help someone who might have had or will have this issue. It would probably be just as possible to drill the mounting hole in the sensor just a bit to move it closer or further away from the engine depending on the circumstance..

Wazz-upp, again, I really appreciate the effort to go through this issue with me!!

Hello the problem was the flexplate (flywheel) or the sensor (CPK)

Old 07-05-2021, 11:15 PM
Infiniti G37X AWD 3.7 LITER
2010 infiniti g37x same issue

Hi my carbis doing the exact thing...2500 rpm on the nose all 7 gears...changed cam shift position sensor and the VVT solenoid....should I change the fly wheel??

Old 07-05-2021, 11:25 PM
Infiniti G37X AWD 3.7 LITER
2010 infiniti g37x same issue

Hi..so...I have a 2010 G37X and I have been chasing the white rabbit too! I see the have tumbled far down the rabbit hole but think you have my answer. So in all 7 gears my car will not pass 2500 rpms much like yours. I have cha get the VVT SOLENOID & Cam shift position sensor. I see you dropped the Trans and replaced the fly wheel...any recommendations before I do this also???

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Wazz-upp, I appreciate all your help; however, went through all the diagnostics and didn't get anywhere. So I kinda parked the car for a few weeks and last week decided to take out the tranny hoping to find a cracked flywheel. I didn't find that, but after examining the flywheel against another flywheel I had, I noticed that the mounting surface compared to the signal plate was 1.2mm shorter than of the original meaning that the flywheel was pushed toward the engine basically 1/16th of an inch. This was enough for the car to run perfectly fine until I put a load on it and it would move over just a bit, but enough to get out of range of the crank sensor. This explained why all sensors behaved different. There is a little bit of wiggle room to mount the sensor either closer or further away from the engine but not enough to keep it in range under different loads. If you examine the sensor closely ( put a sharp metal object to the magnetic part ) you will notice that the actual magnet is only about 1/8 of an inch in the middle of the plastic sensor, therefore, would not take much to jump out of the range. I installed the new flywheel and not once did it stutter.

Hope this help someone who might have had or will have this issue. It would probably be just as possible to drill the mounting hole in the sensor just a bit to move it closer or further away from the engine depending on the circumstance..

Wazz-upp, again, I really appreciate the effort to go through this issue with me!!

Old 07-06-2021, 07:32 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,463 Likes on 2,155 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Is your car throwing the P0335 code?

If yes did you replace the CRANKSHAFT (not camshaft) sensor with either a Genuine Nissan OEM part OR a Hitachi? These cars are well known to not play nice with any aftermarket sensor.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:59 AM
Infiniti G35 570HP 5AT
PROBLEM SOLVED!!
Thanks a lot for this info! I had the same issue with stuttering and P0335 and it was caused by bent flexplate, like you described!