G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Good alignment shop for my g with camber and toe mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 11:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good alignment shop for my g with camber and toe mods

Oh for got to mention looking for shop in Orange County Los Angeles county area....i was wondering I'm looking for a good shop to do a alignment on my g with camber and toe modification. Basic shops want to key it all to oem spec I just want everything to match as it may be off a lil here and there from wheel to wheel. I have gotten it as close as I can I just want a shop to get it on a machine and match everything up side to side and all around.

Not expecting to save tire by alignment as it doesn't eat my tire up bad just don't want a bunch of different specs because I'm running negative camber and nothing extreme

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jdmek100; 03-27-2016 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Add location
Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
What?

Old 03-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
What?
I guess that sounded stupid from the look of your reply. to anyone I'm just looking for a alignment shop that will to see where all my settings are and equal them out not sure if that is the correct term as what I said may have sounded stupid I just lowered car on coil overs and it threw my toe off and I have some negative camber now and adjusted my toe as best as I could and I'm just looking for a shop in my general area of Orange County or Los Angeles county California that deals with cars with modified suspensions and not just some random basic alingment shop or pep boys.

I have front and rear spc camber kits as well as spc toe bolts and I'm sitting on hks rs coil overs with 20x10 all the way around and I wanted to lower it as much as I could so I adjusted camber and toe so wheels didn't rub and toe straightened as best as I could to have the car driving strsight. Just looking for a shop to make sure each side matches to other not looking to get back to oem spec as I know I can't. If this is not making sense then someone can just delete thread and I'll figure it out I just thought I would ask but it seems like I'm not making any sense.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:40 AM
Haha, no, man, yer all good, you just left out some info. I think we're good now tho:

So, you have the adjustable parts, that's where we wanna start. Second thing is do you know what you want as far as camber? Is it a look thing, or performance? Or maybe your only goal is to keep from rubbing..? Also, are your fenders rolled? If not, do so.

You just need specs to shoot for? The only generic info we can give you is to set your toe as close to '0' as possible. The camber numbers tho, we'll have to know what you want out of the car.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Haha, no, man, yer all good, you just left out some info. I think we're good now tho:

So, you have the adjustable parts, that's where we wanna start. Second thing is do you know what you want as far as camber? Is it a look thing, or performance? Or maybe your only goal is to keep from rubbing..? Also, are your fenders rolled? If not, do so.

You just need specs to shoot for? The only generic info we can give you is to set your toe as close to '0' as possible. The camber numbers tho, we'll have to know what you want out of the car.
Lol...ok cool

Yeah my main concern is obviously rubbing which is does not anymore and my toe it seems to be set as close to zero as I could I think my rear wheels in the front are a fraction Toed in then there are of my rear wheels I seen someplace on here that said if it's not at zero then to have front of rear wheel toe in a little so car drives straight at least from drive wheels. The front wheels as well I have those toes in about the same and steering wheel is straight as it was off before. I don't track car it's my daily drive and I don't drive crazy or anything I know I've lost some performance part of it but I'm ripping up and down street or freeway and when it comes to specs where I want camber I'm unsure I just know I needed to add some negative and adjust toe in on back wheels so it didn't rub as I'm tucking about a inch of tire on 245/35/20.

My fenders look rolled but I'm unsure if last guy did it or not I've never seen a stock g35 fenders to see if they have this slight roll in them or not and I have seen some rolled fenders and it's clear it's beyond what mine are if so. I'm going to check into a local person that rolls to see if mine are and if not I will get them rolled or rolled more.

I just want the look with nothing to crazy a lil negative camber to keep from running but I know it's at a list of performance which is no big deal I just want to roll car low without messing things up.

I do appreciate your help thus far oh yeah about the toe in the rear is it best to set it to zero or is my slight toe in in the front of rear wheels ok considering my negative camber now?

Last edited by jdmek100; 03-28-2016 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Add
Old 03-28-2016, 02:41 PM
I would purchase a long term alignment (3yr, 5yr, lifetime depending on your plans for the car) so you have more freedom with experimenting.

Just to give you a general guideline, toe must always be reset when messing with camber, and regardless of mods, toe must always be in OEM spec. As long as your alignment shop shows green on the toe you should be good (in that respect). Again, it's hard to know what you want camber wise without some examples. You can measure and adjust camber yourself if you want, and then just tell the shop to zero out your toe.

All spacers, camber adjustment and wheel/tire setups need to be done before you adjust toe.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 PM
I would purchase a long term alignment (3yr, 5yr, lifetime depending on your plans for the car) so you have more freedom with experimenting.

Just to give you a general guideline, toe must always be reset when messing with camber, and regardless of mods, toe must always be in OEM spec. As long as your alignment shop shows green on the toe you should be good (in that respect). Again, it's hard to know what you want camber wise without some examples. You can measure and adjust camber yourself if you want, and then just tell the shop to zero out your toe.

All spacers, camber adjustment and wheel/tire setups need to be done before you adjust toe.
Great info thank you that puts so much more into prospective in regards to what I need to do. So on that note I have my spacers on there as well as all adjustable parts and everything fitted the way I want for the most part and at the end at that point any shop can set my toe at zero is that what is being said? I don't need a special alignment shop to take care of that correct?

I'm just getting into the suspension game I've driven Hondas all my life and this is my first out of Honda land and I'm loving it with the g35 but I'm also seeing that it's a whole different world going from Hondas to rear drive g35 it's so much more tuning suspension wise then with Hondas. I'm liking it also because it took me from the whole ricer thing not that it was crazy what I was doing to just simple clean g35 and focusing on wheels and he way car sits considering how clean g35's are just getting rims on car and tuning suspension.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Correct: no special shop needed. Alignment is an art not necessarily a science, but as long as your toe is good you should be fine as far as wear. Just think of it like a pair of rollerskates: if you point your toes in or out and try to move forward, you're just scrubbing the wheels sideways and they're gonna get worn out quickly. The camber would just be like if you leaned heavily to one side. It wouldn't necessarily cause fast wear (maybe a little), it would just put the wear on a certain area of the wheel.

I personally like about -0.8 in front and -1.8 in the back. This gives me a bit of room for static alignment as well as keeps me using the whole tire.