6MT continuing clutch woes after clutch replacement + bleed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6MT continuing clutch woes after clutch replacement + bleed

Hey guys -

2005 G35 Coupe 6mT

So for the longest time I've had the sticky clutch petal. I didn't think it was too big of an issue.

Anyway, after 40k miles on a new clutch, all of a sudden I can't shift into gear.

Get towed, told I need a new clutch. Weird, but ok.

Get it back - still sticky petal and still hard to shift gears after driving a while.

Bled the fluid, was filthy.

Was a little better, but still - after driving about 45 minutes, every gear gets hard to get into. I have to force it in.

I noticed that even when the clutch is all the way on the floor, it is a tiny bit engaged .

So I'm thinking the slave cylinder is bad, and I also think the trans fluid is probably filthy and going to do a flush.

What are your guys thoughts on the master/slave cylinder? Likely culprit?

I just hope I haven't ****ed my synchro's up for good

Thanks guys
Joe

Old 05-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
I had sticky clutch feel and hard to gear like yours, they get worst especially on a hot weather. When I upgraded my clutch and FW, I replaced the master slave and clutch slave as well, the issues are gone.

IMO, the oem master and clutch slave are weak depending on the mileage and how it was treated before. Regardless, you should've replaced them altogether since you're there already and save you $$. GL

Old 05-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deeliciousqueen
I had sticky clutch feel and hard to gear like yours, they get worst especially on a hot weather. When I upgraded my clutch and FW, I replaced the master slave and clutch slave as well, the issues are gone.

IMO, the oem master and clutch slave are weak depending on the mileage and how it was treated before. Regardless, you should've replaced them altogether since you're there already and save you $$. GL
Thanks. I think I will start with the slave cylinder, do it myself, it seems pretty straightforward.

How bad was the master and slave cyl replacement? I just bled the slave so it seems like it'd be pretty straighforward from what I saw under there.

Also, where did you buy yours? OEM?

Old 05-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by synned
Hey guys -

2005 G35 Coupe 6mT

So for the longest time I've had the sticky clutch petal. I didn't think it was too big of an issue.
Well it was a big deal!

Ever peruse the FSM?
Or did the shop that did the work?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/cl.pdf

Anyway, after 40k miles on a new clutch, all of a sudden I can't shift into gear.

Get towed, told I need a new clutch. Weird, but ok.

Get it back - still sticky petal and still hard to shift gears after driving a while.
It appears to me that you used an unqualified shop that didn't really know what they were doing and possibly used questionable parts.

There are a ton of threads on the failure of CSC and it failed on my previous 06 G35 but was replaced under warranty.
IMHO you would have been better off having the work done at a dealer.
A clutch should last 200k miles if properly driven and not abused.
I traded in my 06 G35 with 171796 miles still with the original clutch.

Telcoman

Old 05-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Thanks. I think I will start with the slave cylinder, do it myself, it seems pretty straightforward.

How bad was the master and slave cyl replacement? I just bled the slave so it seems like it'd be pretty straighforward from what I saw under there.

Also, where did you buy yours? OEM?

Actually, for POM I would replace both slave and master. I went with oem zspeed, z1 or conceptz should have them, ebay oem but beware and do your search and ask the seller.. you don't want china parts.

I had a shop did all the work, one time tranny drop (C&FW) replaced everything and not having to worry about it again.

If you decided to DIY, use telcoman's link as a guide. If not, find a reputable Nissan shop around your area. If you're rich go to stealership. GL