G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need Opinions! Should I buy this '04 Coupe?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Opinions! Should I buy this '04 Coupe?????

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...124809031.html

This car has all of the stock options that I want on my G35 with the exception of the color...I would prefer black or white. The mileage is high and the car does have modifications but to be honest I'm young and this is my first performance car purchase...can anyone tell me what to look for and what a good value would be for a stock G35 without the modifications this car has would be?

Old 05-16-2017, 03:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10k that's kinda expensive don't you think ? Where you located I'll sell mine for 6k I'm located in Jamestown ny

Old 05-16-2017, 03:53 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Looks to be well taken care of, not a fan of the intake though. Have a professional mechanic check it out, a car with that many miles will most likely need some maintenance done to it. It lists some of what has been done already so that's a good start. If it checks out I'd offer him $8K cash and that seems to be a good deal for you.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:31 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
That's a really high price for the mileage on that car even though it looks clean. People are selling the same car with half that mileage for similar prices. That window tint is hella dark. Probably won't pass inspection in most states with that tint and the CEL on from CAT-delete.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is a good looking ride for sure.

However I don't believe that it doesn't burn oil at all.

I would take it to your closest dealer and have them pull the records where he said they replaced the clutch and see how the story lines up.

On top of that take it to a mechanic friend and have them pull the codes and make sure thats the only reason that light is coming on.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:41 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
It is a good looking ride for sure.

I would take it to your closest dealer and have them pull the records where he said they replaced the clutch and see how the story lines up.

On top of that take it to a mechanic friend and have them pull the codes and make sure thats the only reason that light is coming on.
Yeah, do this. And if anything doesn't match up leave it. For that sort of money it isn't worth gambling with what people may be being honest about.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:35 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
I always doubt anything that a seller says if I can't verify it firsthand (just being cautious of potentially unscrupulous sellers), but it's fairly reasonable for a 2004 G35 with this mileage on it to not burn oil. The Rev-up G35's were more prone to oil burning.

It's going to be difficult to determine if the car burns any oil without driving it for a week or two and monitoring the sump level for a drop in oil. A mechanic won't be able to definitively check it out and determine if it's burning oil without doing a tear-down.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:27 AM

^^A simple visual inspection of the tailpipes might help give a clue if they haven't been cleaned thoroughly before a potential buyer comes to look at the car. If they're dark with a lot of soot there's a good chance the motor burns some oil. If they're a little rusty/dirty with the stainless showing through probably not so much.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tend to agree with partyman66 that the price for a private party transaction is a bit on the higher side for that mileage. I just picked up a similar 03 6mt probably not quite as clean as this one from the pics at least, but paid 2k less with less than 80k miles on it.

Another thing to look at closely is the drivers seat for the dreaded side bolster tear. Almost all coupes with any significant amount of miles have it unless it has been addressed by a previous owner. If you notice almost nobody selling their coupes get a clear shot of the corner of the seat bolster just like this seller. Most sellers choice angles that totally ignore that area of the seat and there is a reason for it. Def check seat bolsters. Not a deal breaker but def more room for negotiation if the bolster needs work which again most do. I'd also get a code reader to make sure there isn't more than Cat Codes stored. Those codes are another reason to knock the price down further. Depending on your state and if they require smog checks you will fail with a check engine light that's always on.

6mt are getting more and more rare to find in semi decent shape without tons of miles. When I was looking for mine I saw a ratio of about 10:1 in favor of the auto. Even with all that said, his is priced a bit high for having check engine lights on.

Last edited by skunkle121; 05-23-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Looks to be well taken care of, not a fan of the intake though. .
I'm thinking that any open-element filter that's exposed under the hood qualifies as a hot-air intake, not a cold-air intake.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:48 AM

Spot on, that's totally true.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Overall looks like a decent car, but I'd try to pay closer to $8k as well.
My '04 never burned any oil through 60K.

One comment, though - something looks off to me about the front bumper cover. The paint doesn't look like it matches and it's not attached very well on the left side. Would definitely check that out and look at the Carfax.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.