G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

List the bizarre things you love about your G35 coupe!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
List the bizarre things you love about your G35 coupe!

Okay, so many of us are long time owners of G coupes, and those like myself who've had their cars for many, many miles, must have some great reasons why they keep them and what makes them great other than the obvious aesthetics, etc.

Here is my list of bizarre little things that I love about the G:

1) The width and flatness of the door panel sill that allows you to comfortably rest an elbow out the window on a nice day without grinding into your funny bone/forearm! I hate the sharp, narrow sills in most cars that are painful after a few minutes.

2) The great airflow when both windows are down ( in contrast, in my ISF there is almost NO good open window position that allows for good air flow without hitting you right in the face)!

3) You can fit anything from a slim coke bottle to a fat water bottle between the seat belt buckle and the side of your body securely, leaving the cup holder open!

4) When you pull the center divider out of the cup holder it works perfectly to hold a drink and allows your iPhone to sit upright in almost any position as it rests against the channels where the middle divider was! (Do you know how many cars have no place for a phone to sit!)

5) And, when you want to leave your phone in the car, it fits diagnolly in the cup holder and the top still pulls all the way closed! Brilliant...and the iPhone wasn't even a concept when our cars were made.

6) Maybe most bizarre, when I'm coming back to work from lunch and have a large fountain soda cup in the cup holder, and I take a left turn quickly into my office development, I find that my right elbow can rest right on the top of the large soda cup lid while my hand is on the shifter and keep the cup secure while I pull some Gs! Every time I experience this it just makes me laugh and realize the subliminal goodness of this car.

Honestly, I driven a lot of cars, and most lack some/all of the above and makes me long to get back in my G.

What are some of the bizarre things you've found that make your coupe special to you?

Last edited by JZ39; 08-16-2017 at 10:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RewTwin (08-29-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought I was crazy for thinking that the car is perfect for having the elbow out the window when driving, it's perfect. Also I agree when both windows are down, it's great

Old 08-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
It's fat as$

Old 08-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The deep storage (for the cars without premium nav system) that you can put gauges in, or is a perfect fit for a Samsung Note 4 w/ Otterbox Defender case. I usually can't find a phone holder for that thing, because its so big, but the opening on the storage box is just the right fit for it so that I can have a poor man's mobile nav unit haha.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:43 PM
I'll add another...

7) How big the interior of the G35 Coupe is, comparatively. I transported both of my sons with the G being my only mode of transport at the time (given that we did have our SUV as our primary method of kid transport). Not perfect, but definitely doable. One time I got out of the G and both my boys funneled out of the back after me and a poor guy in his minivan with his family looked at us in disbelief, as if that couldn't be possible! I could only imagine that his wife had convinced him that it was impossible and made him sell his previous car! LOL! It was really funny.

Second example is how much more lateral room there is in the 35 vs the 37. The 37 feels downright tight
with two people in the front.

Third, when I looked at the S5, what outwardly looks to be a big coupe, when I had my seat back in a comfortable position it was butted right up against the back seat--I COULD not have put two kids in that car without me being super uncomfortable.

And lastly, and very surprising to me, there is more room in the G than in my ISF!!

Infiniti did an amazing job with packaging on this car.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I love how the door slams my shins into the door jam even after I made sure that it was staying open while I turned my back on it to get my ****. Or when I am getting in with coffee and it slams my shoulder at just the right spot to soill my coffee all over the interior.

....I guess im a glutton for punishment.

But TBH I don't know if it has to do with aerodynamics or the shape of the car but rocks rarely hit my windows on the freeway? All my other cars have huge cracks from all the crap that hits the windshield.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:38 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yesterday my 6'7" father-in-law fit "comfortably" into the passenger seat. I've never owned a vehicle that he could ride in without his head rubbing on the roof.

The seat was laid waaaaaaaay back however.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:27 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by G35freaks
I love how the door slams my shins into the door jam even after I made sure that it was staying open while I turned my back on it to get my ****. Or when I am getting in with coffee and it slams my shoulder at just the right spot to soill my coffee all over the interior.

....I guess im a glutton for punishment.
If you're not a masochist-- see here for a fix:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...eck-links.html

Old 08-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Just ordered these since I nearly chopped my son in half today .

Thanks for the reminder!

Old 08-19-2017, 01:04 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Something else I love about my G, it sits low enough that I can easily wash the roof of the car with a wash mitt and not end up looking like a wet t-shirt contestant.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Certainly qualifies as bizarre!

After all theee years, I truly believe I could wash, dry and finishing spray the G in total darkness...just follow the curves to that fat a**!

Old 08-25-2017, 07:00 AM
I'll add in the fact that the G doesn't have the horrible chrome window trim that so many cars are afflicted with.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being able to rest 1 arm on the centre console and 1 on the door card while holding the steering wheel for lazy driving. Couldnt do that in previous cars.

Most obscure is the cup holder in the front holds a container i use for cereal that i can place and eat from on the way to work.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
To me would be the cd009 shifter. I know and read lots of threads about people complaining that the shifter could be hard to throw in gear at times, to some it may be bad synchros but mine is still fine I think, just requires a little bit effort.

The effort during shifting gears pushes me to drive the car spiritually. As an introvert, this car unleashes the other side of me which is rare. I love that feeling everytime I drive my G, I do not know why..

Old 08-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by STRYDG
Most obscure is the cup holder in the front holds a container i use for cereal that i can place and eat from on the way to work.
Need a pic of this...!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.