G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Alternator or battery?? Ebrake light + batter light!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alternator or battery?? Ebrake light + batter light!!!

I had my alternator and battery tested the other day and it came out that my alternator was bad but my battery is good so just recently i replaced the alternator with a new one and everything seemed fine no battery lights on my dash until after driving it for about 5 minutes the battery lights came on solid red no flickering. The next day i was driving and the car died on me while on the road, i gave it a jump boost and it started running again without any lights on my dash until later again the battery light came back on. I noticed that my dash lights starts to faintly flicker while sitting idle.

Anyone got an idea of whats going on with my G35 coupe??

Old 08-28-2017, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Defective battery, defective alternator or both.

Test the battery with a battery hydrometer, test the alternator output voltage across the battery with the engine running with a multimeter.

Alternator or battery?? Ebrake light + batter light!!!-2ye57nq.jpg

Alternator or battery?? Ebrake light + batter light!!!-mhfktva.jpg

Telcoman

Old 08-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver forums Otto! A few years ago one of the "Know it All's" here on Driver made fun of my installing gauges in my coupe. My reply was, "I can tell what's going on under my hood!" Your alternator s/b putting out 14.5 volts, if it isn't you'll have issues like you posted. Take your G back to where you purchased the new alternator and have both battery and alternator tested. Also check your battery connections, they must be very clean and snug!
Again welcome, your issues s/b easy to correct...Gary

Old 08-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Have your battery load tested and test the charging system again. Depending how long you were driving with a bad alternator it could have worn the battery out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.