G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Mods on a 2006 G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because i as well want views from the outside world you know? I know that the people in this site are gonna have different views as they already are g35 owners than a neutral person, and i wanted to ask this question myself so that maybe and just maybe i can have a new perspective on such things

Old 09-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Does a stillen z-tube, spacer and hi-flow intake kit sound much better? Could you give me your opinion? Id really appreciate it

Old 09-15-2017, 02:44 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Go to the tuner & dyno section read the mods and dyno numbers that should give you ideas. Read young blood!

Old 09-15-2017, 04:08 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The biggest hp gain for the '06 6MT (rev up) motor can be had from a Motordyne MREV2 lower intake plenum coupled with a Motordyne 5/16" plenum spacer. Also add a higher flowing drop in air filter (keep the stock intake piping but replace the upper section with a "z-tube" from a 350Z or from aftermarket vendors) and the biggest intake upgrades are complete.

Next focus the exhaust, the catalytic converter is the point of most restriction, replace with a high flow cat from a reputable manufacturer like Fast Intentions, the cat-back exhaust section should be replaced as well but the gains are not as much as all the previous ones.

Finish off with an uprev tune (contact user Seymore4 for e-tunes) and you have all the biggest upgrades squared away.

Other nice items that can be filled in as budget allows include Motordyne TDX2 exhaust system and a larger throttles body.

Supercharger options vary depending on what style and brand you prefer but the Vortec kit has a solid reputation but I would STRONGLY recommend you not seriously consider any forced induction on your vehicle until you are much more versed in vehicle drive systems. It's an expensive game to play and can kaboom your motor. If money isn't a problem then shop around local tuner shops for a reputable installer and let them take on the project!

Lastly, there is a WEALTH of knowledge in these forums, browse the "sticky" marked threads located at the top of each section, tons of questions (such as these) are already answered hundreds of times. Don't be afraid to ask questions though there are a LOT of helpful folks but expect some minor hazing because you're new

​​​​​​Research everything! There are so many more systems to your vehicle beyond the motor! Suspension, braking, tires, cosmetics, etc. You're only limited by your imagination this vehicle has great aftermarket support and is a great platform to work with!

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (09-26-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Thank you queen for the first non sarcastic comment! I will definetly check that out!. And thank you so much cleric! That was so much better than what i expected anybody to help with me, i will definetly look for all those parts and thanks for warning about the supercharger, i clearly dont know much but thanks again for telling me all about that!

Old 09-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cleric hit right on it. Keep your head up noob. After you get flamed by everyone, forums are great places to be and learn. A ton of the best people are all self taught.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:38 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Joel you're getting a lot of grief from the members here because you've ignored one of the major forum rules for newcomers. Please read the forum rules thoroughly before you start any new threads or ask more questions, searching for answers to questions you have is a big one. We will help but we won't spoonfeed you answers if you haven't shown any effort to find them out for yourself. Cleric has great advice for you as well.

If you go the supercharger/turbo route be prepared to spend $15K or more which I'm guessing is out of your budget. Our motors were well designed from the factory and outside of the FI route mentioned above you're still looking at spending close to $3K or more going with all the common bolt on mods to gain a measly 40HP. Only you can decide what's the best route for you to explore. The ability to work on your car yourself will save lots of money down the line as well.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:00 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If I have a single piece of advice for new person looking to turn some wrenches, BUY TORQUE WRENCHES! LEARN TO USE THEM!

You need 3 total:

- 1/4" drive 10-150 INCH/LB
- 3/8" drive 10-80 FT/LB
- 1/2" drive 10-150 FT/LB

You can get some basic ones from Amazon for pretty cheap, just make sure to unload them to the lowest range setting when you're done using. I wish I had understood the importance of proper torque when I was first starting out...

Old 09-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll play along because I would be lying if I said I haven't done some pulls with friends and I drag race (Amateur) fairly often. I have an 05 G35 coupe 6mt Rev Up. I have a megan racing single exit exhaust, aam test pipes, motordyne 5/16 inch plenum spacer, a Z1 cold air intake, stage 2 clutch and an UPREV dyno tune with the arc liscense. The car is not that powerful I make 288 to the wheels. The car feels noticeably faster than it was when I bought it, however it still isn't that fast so to answer the question you kinda asked personally I'm going with the Vortech supercharger because I can't stand the stillen hood. I'm a young dude as well and I don't make a lot of money in my career. My advice don't worry about winning races as much as building a car YOU enjoy and you're proud of. My car runs low 14's at the drag strip but I love the noise and the way the car feels. I've done some suspension mods as well as brakes so I prefer a nice curvy road to a straight line with my friends. At the end of the day do your research and buy what you can afford. But don't build the car to impress other people, build it so every time you turn it on it returns the favor.
Just my $.02
Henry

Old 09-26-2017, 04:31 PM
"build it so that every time you turn it on it returns the favor."

LMAO, GOLDEN.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:27 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
+1 for that quote!

Old 09-28-2017, 08:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skippedcollege
... build it so every time you turn it on it returns the favor.
Henry
Stealing this quote. fair warning. just trying to find the right image to attach it to.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:24 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Kate Walsh FTW, to this day still my favorite car commercial. Hard to believe it's almost 10 years old by now:

Old 09-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Kate Walsh FTW, to this day still my favorite car commercial. Hard to believe it's almost 10 years old by now:

That was awesome. Short sweet and to the point. Where is caddy nowadays?

Old 09-29-2017, 10:38 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
They scrapped the idea for a 4dr (with suicide rear) convertible, damned shame too because the prototype was freaking cool.

http://www.cadillac.com/concept-cars...nvertible.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.