G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

RJM Clutch Pedal and New MC Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool RJM Clutch Pedal and New MC Troubleshooting

I have an 06 G35 coupe with an RJM Rev4 pedal assembly and Wilwood MC. To make a long story short I am on my 3rd Willwood MC since 2014 and have a Tilton on standby for when my current MC fails. So in hopes of getting some expertise in new clutch setup I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had better experience with Tilton over Willwood and any advice on my current issues.

My issue currently: Noise coming from MC (popping/clicking) I just installed the latest version of the RJM pedal V4 and it's adjusted perfect to my liking but the engagement is changing from what I expect is due to the MC getting close to end of life. Given I just put a new JW clutch/flywheel and CD009 transmission in since October I reeeeaaaally don't want to screw up my new trans or clutch. I made it through the break-in period with no issues, changed the fluid in the trans after break-in and have all new lines and slave. Last week started to hear a creaking noise from MC and then it started to pop like something is binding when i press and release. This weekend I made a slight adjustment to the release point of the clutch and noise reduced a bit but still noticeable. Currently it's a bit difficult to get the car into gear at start up but after it warms up it's fine.

Any help or suggestions on troubleshooting on this much appreciated. I want to make sure that when this one fails i get it right the first time with the tilton MC. I feel like i got a good bleed on the clutch initially and concerned I may over extend the clevis rod if I make any more adjustments to help it ease into gear. So that said here is my setup:

06 Infinity G35 Coupe 6MT
New CD009 as of October
Steel braided lines from MC to slave
New slave Nissan OEM
RJM v4 AFP Clutch pedal set 10-15% shorter than factory throw with HD clevis
Wilwood MC
Prestone Dot4 Synthetic (I have used ATE Super blue, Motlul 5.1 and OEM Dot3 in the past)

Last edited by murderface; 02-25-2018 at 11:44 AM.