G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tire wear:How to handle w/dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire wear:How to handle w/dealer

My 04 coupe started developing tire noise at about 9000 miles. I didn't notice excessive wear on them but finally took it in for service at just under 11K miles.
The dealer performed a 4 wheel alignment and told me that the tires are a little cupped and that's what's causing the noise. It sounds like I'm running on snow or truck tires. The dealer seemed to want to pass the buck, and suggested that I call Michelin and see if they would replace, or at least pro-rate the cost of a new set. I haven't called Michelin yet, but get the feeling that they are going to tell me it was the car's fault, not the tires. I've been following this site long enough to know that alignment issues with the G35 as well as the 350ZX have caused short tread life. Does anyone have any insight on how they handled the situation? I'd really like new tires at no charge, or a hell of a good deal considering that the car came off the showroom floor with the problem.
Thanks.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WalterRego
My 04 coupe started developing tire noise at about 9000 miles. I didn't notice excessive wear on them but finally took it in for service at just under 11K miles.
The dealer performed a 4 wheel alignment and told me that the tires are a little cupped and that's what's causing the noise. It sounds like I'm running on snow or truck tires. The dealer seemed to want to pass the buck, and suggested that I call Michelin and see if they would replace, or at least pro-rate the cost of a new set. I haven't called Michelin yet, but get the feeling that they are going to tell me it was the car's fault, not the tires. I've been following this site long enough to know that alignment issues with the G35 as well as the 350ZX have caused short tread life. Does anyone have any insight on how they handled the situation? I'd really like new tires at no charge, or a hell of a good deal considering that the car came off the showroom floor with the problem.
Thanks.
Tires are a tough one bro! NO WAY the dealer will a thing, your only chance would be to go through Michelin and I would not get your hope up there either? RWD cars are notorius for wear problems, especially if driven harder than most. Best thing to do is perform regular alignments, I got a 3 year plan and can get as many as I want, so I do them every 3 month or so. Best of luck and not to "rain on your parade", but I would not get your hopes up! Keep us informed?