Wheel bearings - Page 2 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wheel bearings

Old 04-16-2018, 10:55 AM

Iím getting just the slightest amount of wheel hop between 20-40. Almost like a tire is off balance. Not sure what it could be. I replaced all four wheel bearings and had no issues.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Cleric670

Get your tires balanced and check the propeller shaft for wear on the U-joints and carrier bearing.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Get your tires balanced and check the propeller shaft for wear on the U-joints and carrier bearing.
isnt a bad idea Iím slightly strapped for cash at the moment I want to approach this logical for now.

before doing this the car ran and drove fine. Just sounded like I was being chased by a prop plane.

now the car drives fine and tracks straight as an arrow. Braking donít seem to make it better or worse. Feels like itís def coming from the rear. I lost daylight when I got home from work but I jacked up each side. Rear driver took a little force to turn. Passenger rear spins easier that driver side.

i didnít really have anything go wrong. Maybe I didnít push in both sides of the caliper? Maybe because the rear pads are pretty much gone? Is it possible for bolts to diff canít line up? Did I damage whatís inside the boots? Just not sure where to go. I anti seized everything
Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 PM

So today after work I took the driver rear wheel off. tried spinning the wheel, tough. I pulled the caliper off and pushed the pistons back in on both sides with a C clamp. Tried spinning just the rotor very tough. Pulled the rotor and tried to spin the hub still tough. I pulled the bolts from the diff took the axle out. wheel hub spins amazingly easy.

Grabbed the diff tried to spin by hand, almost couldn't. and it was a little warm. Put the axle back in, tightened axle to diff bolts in a star pattern. after getting the wheel back on the wheel seemed to turn by hand a little easier than it did before but not much. I jacked up the passenger rear to see if it was still easier than the driver side and it felt about the same.

Test drive was hard to tell it was short. I guess ill find out on my ride to work in the morning, I think If I have a problem, it has to be the diff. Just dont understand how it just went bad after wheel bearings. I'm gonna look up how to service it and switch them out
Old 04-20-2018, 01:29 PM

Fluid transfer.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Cleric670

Yeah and you might try just unbolting the propeller and both drive shafts and spin everything on the diff by hand to see what it feels like. Propeller shaft should spin easily, turning the axles by hand should have a LOT of resistance when you hold one axle stationary (VLSD) and both sides should feel the same. Drain the fluid into a very clean container so you can dredge it for debris, make sure the breather isn't plugged. It's a lot more likely you have a CV axle failure than a diff failure, when you have everything bolted together get your arm in there and pull around on the CV axle to make sure there isn't some tiny amount of radial/axial play on one direction.