G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help planning mods.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help planning mods.

Hello, I am planning on purchasing a g35 and modding it with an exhaust, intake, lowering springs, etc. I am trying to make a spread sheet with links to where I want to purchase each part, but I am not sure were to start finding these legit websites, I know the general thing I want just not sure where to find the exact thing and where to get it. Please help!!!

Old 06-26-2018, 03:08 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
We have a whole section of the forum in the Marketplace with approved vendors that is broken up by mods for various car components. I highly suggest you start there. I'm a fan of Motordyne, Z1 Concepts, Concept Z, THMotorsports and B2autodesigns. The first thread is Vendor Feedback in which members review the good and bad of their experiences. Great start for a newcomer. I will add that if you have decided on a specific like exhaust for example, it will save you a lot of money if you scour ebay and the personal classifieds here looking for used sets unless you're dead set on brand new everything. I wouldn't buy certain categories of parts used, coilovers for example that you might not know how much time and mileage they have been used for. On used purchases research the expected life span of each item you're looking for and weigh if the savings are outweighed by a much shorter life span once you receive them. Exhausts on the other hand can be used for well over 100K miles and more if they aren't rusted out or in another way compromised. I've seen on of the most popular exhausts here, the Motordyne Shockwave sell used for $700 when they would cost you $1000 more than that new. Beware of new POS products on eBay that have a price that seems to be good to be true as well.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:05 AM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
I did the same thing with the mod spreadsheet, the best mods are the ones that keep the car running like new, ie replace all the soft aging rubber. Think poly bushings, diff/trans/engine mounts. You'll also find that if you get one with any miles you're going to need to rebuild your suspension so that's a good place to start with mods. I hear sway bars and then lowering make the biggest diff on these cars

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (06-28-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 11:25 AM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
So, in other words & in large part, you want others to do the work for you? Bring a suitcase full of $ to a reputable shop. Done.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:45 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
z1 is pretty good, as is czp. There are a ton of vendors on Amazon, and it never hurts to hit up manufacturers directly to see if they can cut you a deal. These are popular platforms so stuff pops up on craigslist/offerup all the time, too.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by onevq35de
So, in other words & in large part, you want others to do the work for you? Bring a suitcase full of $ to a reputable shop. Done.
Unless you are joking, that is the most ignorant post I have read here in a very long time.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:53 AM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Guy asks ?'s looking for answers that are easily obtained, assuming one isn't incompetent and/or lazy. Based upon the ?'s I think it's obvious he's definitely very lazy. What do lazy people who want fast cars typically do? Bring a bunch of money to a shop. I did this guy a solid by suggesting a "reputable shop"..

Old 06-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
On the coupe page there's a Sticky that gives members a list of what mods could be done and results. Your main concern s/b drive ability and safety, your $$ should be first invested in keeping your car running...naturally!
Good Luck & Enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 06-28-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by onevq35de
Guy asks ?'s looking for answers that are easily obtained, assuming one isn't incompetent and/or lazy. Based upon the ?'s I think it's obvious he's definitely very lazy. What do lazy people who want fast cars typically do? Bring a bunch of money to a shop. I did this guy a solid by suggesting a "reputable shop"..