G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Supercharged g35 guidance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharged g35 guidance

So I've recently acquired a 2003 supercharged g35
and have no idea how to maintain/ care for it.

What goes in this (inter cooler) reservoir, any liquids? It was completely empty when i checked
i looked online and read the manual and it seemed like a coolant reservoir so i filled it with coolant. But now im not so sure if thats what its for because i lifted the car and looked under. This is what i saw

Each color line is a different hose
The light blue is the (inter cooler reservoir) which has a hose connected to what i think is a pump

The heat exhanger at the bottom (inter cooler/little radiator looking thing with a stillen logo) do any liquids go into that? I'm completely lost
Ive been reading guides and manuals but found nothing

And am i supposed to change the supercharger oil as well? If so how do i go on about doing so.
Thanks for your time.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Dude WTF??? Did you seriously put something in your car that you have no idea if it even belonged there? And you bought a supercharged G which you know nothing about, wow.

I really want this thread to be a joke because I am baffled at what I just read but I digress and will make a couple of sane comments for the moment. Before you do ANYTHING else you need to get that car to a shop that has SC experience to give it a complete inspection top to bottom and back to front. I wouldn't even start it ATM, you might have put coolant in the right place but if you didn't that move could be catastrophic and cause massive problems for you. Looking more carefully at your light blue line it seems to go into the valve cover unless I'm seeing it wrong but if it does uh oh. Read as much as you can on the forced induction thread and better yet, the same thread on my350Z.com. Very knowledgeable members on both sites but the Z guys do it a lot more to their cars so there's more chatter over there. I'll just shut up now and move on but GL, hope everything turns out OK for you.........

Last edited by Blue Dream; 07-02-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Thevoicess
So I've recently acquired a 2003 supercharged g35
and have no idea how to maintain/ care for it.
I'm completely lost
Ive been reading guides and manuals but found nothing

And am i supposed to change the supercharger oil as well? If so how do i go on about doing so.
Thanks for your time.[/i]
Why did you buy an almost sixteen year old vehicle that you know nothing about?
Return it and get your money back.
I don't think this is going to end well for you?

Telcoman

Old 07-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
you should have just added water but antifreeze wont hurt it and the 2 hoses that go into the manifold are for the intercooler under the s/c.The front mount is for the water to air heat exchanger and the pump should be next to it.I would keep checking the level and if it goes down you have a leak as its a sealed system.
I would def get a compression and leak down test on the motor one good thing is the stillen dosent make much power so the strain on the motor isnt that bad and make sure the fmu is under the battery tray cover.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Last page of the installation instructions has the "care and maintenance" instructions. Good luck~

Still up on Stillen's site

https://www.stillen.com/media/PDF/407361~inst.pdf

Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by research monkey
Last page of the installation instructions has the "care and maintenance" instructions. Good luck~

Still up on Stillen's site

https://www.stillen.com/media/PDF/407361~inst.pdf
Nice find. Good luck OP.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:44 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by superchargedg
you should have just added water but antifreeze wont hurt it and the 2 hoses that go into the manifold are for the intercooler under the s/c.The front mount is for the water to air heat exchanger and the pump should be next to it.I would keep checking the level and if it goes down you have a leak as its a sealed system.
I would def get a compression and leak down test on the motor one good thing is the stillen dosent make much power so the strain on the motor isnt that bad and make sure the fmu is under the battery tray cover.

I'm almost 100% sure you would want a 50/50 mix of coolant/water. Strictly water is corrosive and I doubt that's what the manufacturer recommends.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
I'm almost 100% sure you would want a 50/50 mix of coolant/water. Strictly water is corrosive and I doubt that's what the manufacturer recommends.
I was going to go distilled water + water wetter in mine. Still trying to create enough space in the garage to fit a car though haha.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:54 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Water Wetter is amazing, I would still use some glycol though mostly for the corrosion protection it offers, or whatever Stillen recommends to use in the coolant loop.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Water Wetter is amazing, I would still use some glycol though mostly for the corrosion protection it offers, or whatever Stillen recommends to use in the coolant loop.
Very true. I'm stuck in the motorcycle mindset. Been running distilled water and water wetter for 10+ years as normal coolant isnt permitted in race bikes as its very slippery.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:13 PM
i didn't buy it, it was given to me by someone who never used it anymore and he didn't install the s/c,so he doesn't know

Old 07-02-2018, 03:16 PM
so i fill it with coolant? if so it doesn't have a max / min fill line

Old 07-02-2018, 03:21 PM
i ram mine with straight water for over 3 years when i had my stillen as that was safe according to stillen back in the day and never had a problem.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Thevoicess
so i fill it with coolant? if so it doesn't have a max / min fill line
either will be fine and i would also use water wetter and since you said it was empty fill it to about an inch from the top and let it run so the pump can purge the air out.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:39 PM
alright do i fill it all the way to the top so that the coolant goes over that hose line or under that hose line. from pictures ive seen it looks like a return line

it has no max fill line so idk

the manual also says to change the supercharger oil every 100k miles, the car has 98k on it. The manual/s dont show how to change the s/c oil
thank you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharged g35 guidance