G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

seriously M3 Vs G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a motorcycle?

Why not a G35 and a nice bike? I sure you can get plenty of thrills on the motorcycle and you'll still have a rock solid G35 in the garage for rainy days and dates.

If you've got money, you've got options. Lots of options.

Old 03-06-2005, 02:29 PM
What you pay for the M3 I pay for my G35. In Canada the G35 cost 47k and the M3 cost 75k.So G it is for me! Wish I had the extra cash for the M3 cause I would have gotten it in a heartbeat! Canada has it's perks but car costs are definitely not one of them. Go with the BMW if you can.

Old 03-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by KORRUPT
What you pay for the M3 I pay for my G35. In Canada the G35 cost 47k and the M3 cost 75k.So G it is for me! Wish I had the extra cash for the M3 cause I would have gotten it in a heartbeat! Canada has it's perks but car costs are definitely not one of them. Go with the BMW if you can.

Inst that 47k canadian currency though?>

Old 03-06-2005, 06:12 PM
M3 is a very nice car but BMW 3 series looks similar kinda... G35 just looks too sexy ! ^__^ I am very happy with my car.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I agree with the comments above. True, the M3 is at another level from a performance stand point in just about every category you can find. However, there just isn't enough exterior difference between the M3 and other 3 series to warrant spending 55 to 60K on the car to get it the way you want it. Now maybe it doesn't matter to you what the exterior of your car looks like as you'll be spending more time with your *** plastered to the seat, but I think a person needs style all around for the kind of money both the G and the M3 command.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Before I got my G35c, I had to decide between the G35c and M3. Like many others, I had thought about getting the M3 for awhile. After I found out I qualified for VPP pricing, it was pretty much a done deal. The M3 I wanted optioned out would have cost almost twice as much. Also with news of the E90 M3 coming with 400 hp, I would rather get a new model G35c than the old model E46 M3. Also, I work in the Redmond, WA area and there are more M3's than G35c's there (not sure about now though since I got my car over a year ago). In anycase, the money I would have spent on the M3 instead went to home theater improvements and mods for my G35c. I'm currently thinking I'll start looking for an upgrade when the GT-R is out. Lots of choices then.

Old 03-06-2005, 07:22 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i was in the same boat, everyone in Gsquad helped out and i followed my heart, i got the M3 and honestly am fortunate enough to drive my G35 sedan still, my father kept the G35 and i got the M3, it is such an amazing car and have equal respect for both cars man, but to me the performance level is insane, like you wouldnt believe, trust me and im a nut and still modding the SHlT out of it very soon with some boostage haha! I say if you can afford it go for it, i wouldnt trade it for anything right now! Good luck with your decision, im still Gsquad also

Attached Thumbnails seriously M3 Vs G35-m3-front-floor.jpg   seriously M3 Vs G35-m3-side-rear.jpg   seriously M3 Vs G35-m3-floor-rear-side.jpg   seriously M3 Vs G35-s-floor.jpg  
Old 03-06-2005, 07:53 PM
No need 2 mod m3 nor the G35, its enough power to beat almost anything on te street. (at least normal cars)

Old 03-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Do you want advanced styling or advanced performance. Stock for stock the G35 IMO looks better and still has a couple of years with the current body style. The M3 performs better hands down. However, both cars look and perform well. BMW build quality is obviously better, but Infiniti is nt bad. Like others insinuated, the G35, depending on where you are is easier to distinguish. the M3 looks like the other 3-series to the average person who is not a car enthusiast. In my area, I rarely see a G35-C- might be different where you are. I see M3's more often actually. When I point one out to my wife she says, I've seen those before- a few people at work have them- I have to point out that this is an M3 not a 325 or 330. I'm not putting down the looks because I still think that it looks hot- I just think that the G looks hotter. But if I were to pull up beside one for a little "light-to-light action, she would probrably say: "How did you get beat by a 3 Series". The one thing the M3 has going for it in this regard is that styling is subjective.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:22 PM
An M3 isn't $47,000....no one buys a base one and like you said, after pricing it, you end up with 55-60K BEFORE taxes. Also remember, most BMW dealers don't negotiate and especially on this model. So IF that price ain't a thang to you...go for it. But remember this...

1) If anything goes wrong after warranty, you will regret it...and BMWs have a knack for having something wrong with them (atleast all the people I know)...

2) Insurance as mentioned previously is an arm and a leg....regardless of your age, but being older does help.

But if none of that phases you....buy it. But always remember you couldve gotten a G, spent less than 10000 more on mods, and have yourself an M killer as well as almost EVERYTHING an M can kill and more. A twin turbo G is a beast...I can't imagine driving one of those...I'd probably kill myself...I'm happy with the stock speed a G comes with.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:53 PM
man if u can spend 47,000 moding your car ... you can make it faster than the M3, hell you can make it really fast. is performance ur priority? :O ... In my opinion the G35 looks better... drop you car .... put a turbo in .. you can do so much with that extra 7-8 G's u'll get in ur hand after getting the G... and the M3 that your gonna get ... will hardly have any options .. you can get a Fully Loaded G and make it faster than the M3. thats what i would do. but if money wasn't a problem .. then i would definately go for the M3... its just a better car..

Old 03-07-2005, 02:18 AM
those of you saying he wont regret an m3 are aware that historically it hasnt been a very reliable car right?

Old 03-07-2005, 03:20 AM
my sis has a 330ci and has nothing but problems.. i get annoyed just listening to her talk about it. Not sure if the m3 is better in terms of reliability tho.. but it is true.. beamers are known to have problems down the road...

Old 03-07-2005, 11:49 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
An M3 isn't $47,000....no one buys a base one and like you said, after pricing it, you end up with 55-60K BEFORE taxes. Also remember, most BMW dealers don't negotiate and especially on this model. So IF that price ain't a thang to you...go for it. But remember this...

1) If anything goes wrong after warranty, you will regret it...and BMWs have a knack for having something wrong with them (atleast all the people I know)...

2) Insurance as mentioned previously is an arm and a leg....regardless of your age, but being older does help.

But if none of that phases you....buy it. But always remember you couldve gotten a G, spent less than 10000 more on mods, and have yourself an M killer as well as almost EVERYTHING an M can kill and more. A twin turbo G is a beast...I can't imagine driving one of those...I'd probably kill myself...I'm happy with the stock speed a G comes with.
Wow you guys really seem to know your stuff (NOT) .. Well basically, 7-8g's dropped in a G35 is not going to be killing M3's, i dont think you guys have any idea how hard it is to tune a G35 to get reliable power you cna use out of the car, the only cars times that are impressing me on paper are Randy's G making 400+RWHP from his Vortech, thats with ALOT of work and hes running a 4.7 0-60 and 13.2-3 1/4 mile on street tires which is a stock M3, do your HW! And its funny how you should mention not having a warranty on an M3 and he will be regretting it, when boosting your car voids everything and will most likely blow your motor down the line hah!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: seriously M3 Vs G35