G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

seriously M3 Vs G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seriously M3 Vs G35

Ok so ive been doing alot of thinking... and dont get me wrong I love the G35 coupe and have always wanted one.. but the thing is I really Like the M3 I mean really like it.... so I was thinking and 47,000 isnt that bad considering I will probably spend real close to that just modding up my G35. If you guys could.. would you get a M3 I mean its a bimmer and its a M3 enough said.. I can def buy this car.. I really like the price of the g35 coupe but does it even compare to the M3? seriously.. alot of people have a G35 coupe but not everyone has a M3... what do you guys think... I would hate to back out on my order now but the M3 is soo damn tempting.. I dont know what to do.. its really bugging me.. I would hate to buy the G and be upset with myself later for not getting the M3.... so I guess my question is.. if you could afford it and do it.. would you rather get a M3? what would the pro's and con's be? I realize I would save alot of money on the G but its really not that much when you think about it..I dont know.. someone help... Im in a crisis..LOL

Old 03-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Simple, get the M3 then. I would trade my car and give an extra 5 to 10K more to have at least an 03 model.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you would be happier with an M3, so if you can afford it why not just go buy it? Don't worry about backing out of your order, it happens all the time and people change their mind. Life is too short to settle...

Old 03-06-2005, 07:36 AM
never mind

that was a quick momemt of clarity..lol... Im happy with my G35.. the M3 is a sweet car but once you start adding all the options and ****.. its like 60,000 bump that ish! im gonna stick with my G35 its a great car for the price and can easily woop a m3's *** with some mods so ill just do that...

thanks anyways guys

Old 03-06-2005, 07:56 AM
I also thought of buying an M3 instead, but with $60-5K to spare I got the G35 and an RX330 for my wife's X-mas. I never looked back.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:58 AM
whatever your brain is leaning more toward do it!! sounds like it is M3 time for you!!! good luck!

Old 03-06-2005, 10:50 AM
They are both great cars. I'd say, since you can afford either, give them both a test drive and buy the one you enjoy the most. You can't go wrong with either car, IMO.

--Viral

Old 03-06-2005, 10:59 AM
If you already have the g then stick with it, but if you don't have it yet, go with the M3.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:51 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Buy whatever makes you happy, but think about what you said yourself: you can buy a G coupe and use the difference in money to mod it. With that much money for modding, after you're done modding it, an M3 will be just another car on road for you...

While the M3 is VERY nice, I think (IMO) it's still not a G coupe (styling wise). I don't know where exactly you're at, but around here, I see M3s left and right and at the same time, a week can go by without even seeing a single G.

Just follow your heart man.
Good luck with whatever you choose. You can't go wrong with either one.

Last edited by Speedoholic; 03-06-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by paranormal
Ok so ive been doing alot of thinking... and dont get me wrong I love the G35 coupe and have always wanted one.. but the thing is I really Like the M3 I mean really like it.... so I was thinking and 47,000 isnt that bad considering I will probably spend real close to that just modding up my G35. If you guys could.. would you get a M3 I mean its a bimmer and its a M3 enough said.. I can def buy this car.. I really like the price of the g35 coupe but does it even compare to the M3? seriously.. alot of people have a G35 coupe but not everyone has a M3... what do you guys think... I would hate to back out on my order now but the M3 is soo damn tempting.. I dont know what to do.. its really bugging me.. I would hate to buy the G and be upset with myself later for not getting the M3.... so I guess my question is.. if you could afford it and do it.. would you rather get a M3? what would the pro's and con's be? I realize I would save alot of money on the G but its really not that much when you think about it..I dont know.. someone help... Im in a crisis..LOL
I was looking at an M3 for some time to replace my 330. The M3 is a SICK car, I would LOVE to own one and will most likely own the next gen version! I ended up with the G because it just made more sense for me right now, but I must say the G is a HOOT to drive and I was not left disappointed!

IMPORTANT things to consider:

1. BMW's are MUCH more expensive to mod and useless to mod IMO if leased?
2. The E90 body style comes out in the spring (not M3), but the new body style none the less.
3. Insurance? Not really an issue for me, but is for many others.

If I were in your shoes, my BIGGEST concern would be the E90? That aside the E46 M3 is sick as mentioned, so a tough call? I guess if money is of no issue, I would probably get the M3. Good luck

Old 03-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
Buy whatever makes you happy, but think about what you said yourself: you can buy a G coupe and use the difference in money to mod it. With that much money for modding, after you're done modding it, an M3 will be just another car on road for you...

While the M3 is VERY nice, I think (IMO) it's still not a G coupe (styling wise). I don't know where exactly you're at, but around here, I see M3s left and right and at the same time, a week can go by without even seeing a single G.

yeah man.. I think im gonna keep the G this is def a hard choice.. but with the money im gonna save I could buy a bunch of mods and or I was thinking a streetbike or something.. and like the other guy said the new generation is going to be coming out so I might as well wait a few years any ways.. you know..there both sweet cars. I did put in a few bids on some 04's just to see what i get back so who knows.. if I get a good deal i might take it.. but I probably will be staying with the G

Old 03-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by DrPJM1
I also thought of buying an M3 instead, but with $60-5K to spare I got the G35 and an RX330 for my wife's X-mas. I never looked back.
I have same thing 05 g35 coupe and 04 lexus rx330
and 1991 toy corrolla

Old 03-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Get the M3. It seems like thats what you really want, and since you can afford it. Do it. Live life to the fullest. The g35 is great, I love it, but its not a M3. Totally different class. You can't even compare. That's like comparing a 330ci zhp to an M3. It's not the same. Do whatever makes you happy. No regrets.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Gangster Member
Get M3 or G35 and a GSXR-1000

Old 03-06-2005, 02:07 PM
info

Originally Posted by Speedoholic

I'm in So-cal and I see G's left and right..I would go with the M3..I was out last night and saw about 10 G35's in a 20 mile strecth..Go with the M3 you won't regret it(IMO)...Cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: seriously M3 Vs G35