G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More on the Audio settings...

When someone said they reset to "0", it doesn't mean they show up as "0", simply the effective value goes to "0". For instance my bass and treble are both set to +3 (they don't have to be at +5 for this to happen). When I stop the car and start it again later, my stereo sounds flat again. I check the setting and they both indicate +3, but no bass and treble. If I adjust the bass down to +2 for instance, all of a sudden the bass kicks in. Ditto for the treble. The dealer said they haven't seen this yet but I'm waiting on a response.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
also there is another "glove box" on top of the main glove box.. was something suppose to go in there if I had gotten the full packaged g35? I think that place is stupid.. fits the owners manual with my insurance + registration nicely tho
if you got the navi, the dvd player for the navi dvd goes there...

Old 03-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by DWG-35

When someone said they reset to "0", it doesn't mean they show up as "0", simply the effective value goes to "0". For instance my bass and treble are both set to +3 (they don't have to be at +5 for this to happen). When I stop the car and start it again later, my stereo sounds flat again. I check the setting and they both indicate +3, but no bass and treble. If I adjust the bass down to +2 for instance, all of a sudden the bass kicks in. Ditto for the treble. The dealer said they haven't seen this yet but I'm waiting on a response.
Yeah I read about the issue right around the time I picked up my car and haven't noticed it reverting back to the defult setting of 0 (sound, not actual number). I've played around with the audio settings numerous times after getting in the car and even after changing the audio settings the sound never changes. Maybe it is like someone mention before...Infiniti fixed the issue down the line and only some cars are effected by it...but who knows. Just a thought.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If you are listening to the radio, when you press up/down steering wheel button it goes to the next pre-set. But if you hold it in the up/down position, it will seek. Just learned that yesterday!

Old 03-08-2005, 02:48 PM
G2G
Originally Posted by P_Diddy
If you are listening to the radio, when you press up/down steering wheel button it goes to the next pre-set. But if you hold it in the up/down position, it will seek. Just learned that yesterday!

Sweet i was wondering if there was a way to seek from the steering wheel. My this car makes me lazy .

Old 03-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Theres the window remote thing from the keyless entry...press and hold unlock and the windows go down...thats not really a tip or trick though...I think everyone knows about it...the dealer shoulda told you also...

A trick would be the easy ECU reset found in the Mod section. Like someone said...did we buy a car or a video game?...lol.
i didnt know about the rolling down windows thing...haha

also, im just wondering if it's possible to check how many more miles the G can go before the tank is totally empty. my friend said if you do something with the mileage display it should show the exact miles left for the amount of gas you have. can anyone confirm this?

Old 03-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Distance to empty, fuel mileage, and other info is part of the stock NAV menus, so if you don't have NAV, you can't get that info.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by timElinE
also, im just wondering if it's possible to check how many more miles the G can go before the tank is totally empty. my friend said if you do something with the mileage display it should show the exact miles left for the amount of gas you have. can anyone confirm this?
My wife's '05 Altima does this (has a full trip computer where the tripometer displays) but I think in the G you have to get the Nav option to get the trip computer, include DTE (Distance to Empty). If I'm wrong, someone please share how to get this info.

--Viral

Old 03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Banned
yur right, u need the navi...

Old 03-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by DWG-35

my dealer has confirmed that they know of this problem but have no possible fix yet. they said they can order a new hu for me but cannot gurantee that it will fix the problem. he says they've tested a few '05's and they all seem to do it. basically a waiting game for me right now.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Banned
off topic: giddy, your (ALL) 6mt's come standard with the sports package... your sig is kinda misleading

ps: we gots the same car!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Oh oh oh me next me next....

Heres a real handy tip once told to me.....your manual is in that nice leather case in your car

Read it!