G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe - Exhaust Help

Old 03-10-2019, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vq engine and roar
G35 Coupe - Exhaust Help

Hi. I bought a dna catback exhaust system for my g35 coupe. It did not come with the y pipe and midpipes. What will I need to attach this exhaust to my car? The exhaust and components are currently stock on my car

Old 03-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Jeerik, welcome to the G35 Driver forums! Look at the top of the page, in the top black line are the words "search," punch in exhaust install that should get you all the information you need to get the job done. Don't forget to use jack stands on all four corners, you'll also need a long extension for those converter bolts removing them from the top. WD40 all bolts the night before you attempt the install! Jeerik, since you're new here read all the stickys at the top of the coupe page, decades of information you'll need to know! You also have the option of having a muffler shop in your neighborhood install it!
Again, welcome and enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 03-10-2019, 02:01 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You're going to either need the other missing sections of pipe or take it down to a local reputable muffler shop and having them install it. The OEM exhaust is a y-pipe single mid. What you bought is a true dual exhaust and you're missing half the components. It will not bolt directly up.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Vq engine and roar
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
You're going to either need the other missing sections of pipe or take it down to a local reputable muffler shop and having them install it. The OEM exhaust is a y-pipe single mid. What you bought is a true dual exhaust and you're missing half the components. It will not bolt directly up.
What are the names of the other components? I am planning on buying them if that is possible.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:07 PM
I questioned the DNA exhaust in the first place! Post pic of what you have and we'll help you fill in the blanks...Gary

Old 03-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Vq engine and roar
Originally Posted by gary c
I questioned the DNA exhaust in the first place! Post pic of what you have and we'll help you fill in the blanks...Gary

This is what I currently have.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Vq engine and roar
Can anyone help?

Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Is this the DNA system you bought on ebay for $209=? They show a complete system from the cats back! Notify the seller and ask, "Is this all I get and where's the rest?" I guess you don't need to be told, "You're missing something!"
Gary

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5-DUAL-BURNT-TIP-STAINLESS-EXHAUST-CATBACK-SYSTEM-FOR-350Z-G35-FAIRLADY-Z33/151296039933?fits=Model%3AG35&hash=item2339f25bfd: g:8NIAAOSwXshaPde~

Last edited by gary c; 03-11-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:30 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
OP Gary speaks the truth, I added a link that you can click on to see what he's talking about. You have purchased an HKS clone that is poorly designed, will more than likely have fitment issues, is prone to rust and will sound like absolute poo.

I understand you are excited to mod your car but may I suggest you learn a lot more about it before you go and make more purchases. You bought a "luxury sport" car and proper mods are neither cheap to buy or install but if you have the know how to do a lot of work on you own you'll save big $$$. Often the labor paid to a shop will exceed the price of the part you bought. You'll thank yourself down the road if you buy quality parts to begin with. I'll also suggest that you take care of routine maintenance/replacement of parts that wear out before you spend another dollar on modifications especially if your car is high mileage. Take care of your G and she'll take care of you. If you don't you'll probably regret buying the car in the future.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
OP Gary speaks the truth, I added a link that you can click on to see what he's talking about. You have purchased an HKS clone that is poorly designed, will more than likely have fitment issues, is prone to rust and will sound like absolute poo.

I understand you are excited to mod your car but may I suggest you learn a lot more about it before you go and make more purchases. You bought a "luxury sport" car and proper mods are neither cheap to buy or install but if you have the know how to do a lot of work on you own you'll save big $$$. Often the labor paid to a shop will exceed the price of the part you bought. You'll thank yourself down the road if you buy quality parts to begin with. I'll also suggest that you take care of routine maintenance/replacement of parts that wear out before you spend another dollar on modifications especially if your car is high mileage. Take care of your G and she'll take care of you. If you don't you'll probably regret buying the car in the future.
Blue, since those individuals that buy our cars in today's world won't keep them for as long as you and I have, maybe a less expensive exhaust system is what's needed. You got to know they're not going to include a $2K system on a $6k to $10K ride or have manufactures offering systems for free like they did us a few years ago!
Gary

Old 03-11-2019, 10:46 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Thanks but I never mentioned new. There are plenty of quality used exhausts (and other parts) for sale here, on Craigslist and Facebook that be found for budget minded buyers. All it takes to find them is time, patience and a little luck. I've seen 2 full Motordyne TDX2 exhausts go for $500 or less recently on the interwebz lately.

I scoured the internet for 11 months looking for the right GTO and luckily found mine in Houston where I lived at the time. I was willing to fly anywhere in the States to go pick it up and drive it home if I found "the one" but it turned out I didn't need to.