G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer: "Couldn't order Nave w/o Aero" B.S.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer: "Couldn't order Nave w/o Aero" B.S.

So check this out. The dealer calls me to say they have one DG fully loaded 6MT with Nav and WITH a spoiler. Unfortunately, I don't like the way the spoiler looks one bit. This is why, when I placed my pre-order 4 friggin' months ago I specifically stated that I did not want one. It would be different if it didn't have a spoiler and I wanted one. Then they could just add it.

Anyway, the dealer tries to tell me that Mid-Atlantic dealers were not allowed to order a fully loaded 6MT without the aero package (as if 1. any company ever ties an aero package to a modular add-on like the Nav; and 2. I'm stupid). Funny thing is, the other dealers in the area told me they had no problem ordering 6MTs this way. Besides, if they couldn't order the car the way I wanted, why wouldn't they tell me? Another example of their great service.

Now I'm completely pissed. I can understand if they messed the order up or simply admitted that they ordered with the aero pckg for resellability in the event that I backed out. But I don't enjoy the way they are trying to snow me.

The dealer further claims that I would not be able to get my car until January at the soonest. What the hell do they have a pre-order process for in the first place. I know if I ordered a car from BMW it would come with what I asked for and they would have a real emphasis on my satisfaction.

It seems everyone in this forum has had mixed satisfaction with the pre-order process. Some dealers know what's going on and even give customers their VIN#. Others are simply clueless and/or deceptive. I can't tell if these issues are a result of Infiniti's poor management or just the dealer's incompetence and ignorance.

The other thing that bugs me is that I am their Ideal customer. I am a loyal customer (e.g. this would be my 5th Nissan vehicle.) I am a financially stable young professional who changes cars every 2-3 years. I have friends in a very similar position of looking for their next new car. And I am willing to pay MSRP for this vehicle, which is something my thrifty self would never have done before. You would think they would do what's necessary to make me happy.

At this point, I do not know what to do. I think I will give them a chance to find a car that's built they way I want it, but I do not have much faith in them. I can also try to be on "the list" with other dealers in the event that pre-orderers back out, but I am not paying a "market premium". Alternatively, I can go by the BMW dealer or just keep my Maxima up and running and forego giving Infiniti my money.

Ultimately, I'm just venting because I am so pissed off. Anybody else run into these kinds of problems?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Old 11-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Re: Dealer: "Couldn't order Nave w/o Aero" B.S.

I had an 6mt prem on order. I tried to add nav about 10 days after the order went in. My sales rep left me a message telling me she caneled my order and reordered a new car car w/ nav and aero. I don't want aero either. I called her back and she said that dealers couldn't order loaded cars w/o aero. I called Infinit customer service. I was told that adding nav to my existing order shouldn't be a problem. I called the manager of the dealership and gave him the name and number of the Infiniti customer service rep. I'm waiting to hear back from my sales person to make sure that my order was placed the way I want it. That's all I know.

Old 11-17-2002, 04:14 PM

I have gotten the same response from 2 dealerships already here in California. I'm sure it has to do with resellability if you back out. However, I don't think selling a G35C without the aero is difficult sell. I have already gone to 4 dealerships and I am finding it very difficult to get what I want, exactly the way I want it. I am even willing to wait a couple of months for the order. It's just frustrating because I am in limbo right now.

Anyone know a straightforward dealership in the bay area that can actually deliver the car I want??!!

Old 11-17-2002, 05:11 PM

This is why car dealerships give salesmen in general a bad name. They would rather cover their a$$e$ than satisfy the customer. I definitely didn't expect this from an Infiniti dealer. They are delusional if they think this kind of service puts them on par with Lexus or BMW. They would jump through hoops to make you happy, especially if they screwed up.

I am going to see if they will do the needed search of other Infiniti dealers. Maybe I am overreacting at this point, but I'll add an update later either way.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:12 AM

fasteddie, I can't vouche for how they handle the pre-order process, but Pleasanton Infiniti was very professional when I bought a sedan off the lot. I was looking for a green sedan with sports and xenons and they said one was due by the end of the month (mid June). They called me 2 days later saying it had been delivered early and would I like to take a look. I went down to see the car and the sales man came in on his day off to answer any questions and show me the car. Never pressured me for a sale. Anyway, I have been pleased with both the sales and service side of their business. Like I said, I didn't place an order through them, but it might be worth a try. Let me know if you want the name of my sales man, maps or anything else.

Good luck!

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
'03 Emerald Mist
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 11-18-2002, 01:48 PM

I ordered pretty much the exact same car, DG with graphite interior, nav, premium package and the wheel package, NO spoiler though since i really dont like the look and they had even told me that they could add that on later if i wanted them to, the car was ordered last month and is supposed to get here middle or end of decemeber, i can all i can say i hooppppeee my car doesnt come with the spoiler, the sales person that sold me the car, well i went in there and told them what i wanted, but they have been really helpful so far, just waiting for the car nowww, but they didnt say anything about that i caint order it without the spoiler, i think they scrued you over just trying to make more money, i would write a letter to infiniti and ask them what they are going to do for you, and i would clearly note on there that you still can to BMW and get the car you want it to just for a little more, have them give you something on this, dont just wait another few months or so for your car.

Old 11-18-2002, 04:10 PM

those of you still waiting for your coupes...your salesman or dealer should be able to fax you or print out a report of the car you put your deposit on that shows the VIN, color, etc. and every single option that the car is coming with. We also have to realize that most of the dealers got their allocation for these new coupes mixed up when the west coast ports got closed.

I agree that they should have their act together with all of this pre-ordering, but realize as well before you compare this to BMW or Lexus that this is a brand new car which is being sold for the first time ever, and there's bound to be some kind of confusion...I mean...there's only been one or two deliveries of the 6MT's to dealerships so far.

Old 03-27-2004, 01:45 PM

whooooaoaaaaaaaaaa..oolllddddddd

OG 03.5

Old 03-27-2004, 09:28 PM

all dealers are freakin retards IMO...well at least mine was. i SPECIFICALLY told him b4 i took the car off the lot i wanted the splash gaurds as a gift for buying the G, and guess wat he decides to do? go on vacation break 3 days after selling me the car. so i had to pay for my own splash guards. i let them know on that stupid survey they gave me, which my dealer told me to give him all 6s..pffft a load of crap to me

Old 03-28-2004, 07:23 AM

i bough splash guards, not freebee.
my dealer did throw in some minor stuff. had good experience.

i ordered mine, when it finally came in,they said guards weren't in yet, can i take delivery of car, then come back. i said i live 30-40 minutes away. i'll just wait the few days or so.
i get a call in an hour saying they located a pair from a different dealer and will install immediately.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.