G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

O Crap! Caught off Guard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O Crap! Caught off Guard

Damn!
I got a speeding ticket today for goin 14 mph over the speed limit. The cop caught me off guard! I knew I should have bought that Passport yesterday instead of this weekend!

AARgh

Old 03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
wow 14mph isnt much. cops around here usually only pull you over for 15mph and up

Old 03-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn those cops... sneeky sneeky...

Old 03-09-2005, 07:43 PM
same thing happened to me, i got wrapped for 12mph over the limit, in the morning , the day i recieved my V1, sux, oh well time to burn my traffic school...

Old 03-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Only use traffic school if its a LAST resort. It's your freebie! Just take all your tickets to court, it doesnt matter what the ticket is for. You may have to pay the ticket, but even if the cop shows up to court, and they usually don't, you usually don't get any points unless you're a repeat offender with traffic violations. And if the cop doesn't show, the ticket is thrown out!

Old 03-09-2005, 08:39 PM
got one the other day for 45 in a 25. it really sucked cause i just dropped my car off at the dealer and was in the loaner. i am used to the 6mt coupe and was driving a 5mt auto. had ZERO idea how fast i was going cause i am so used to judging speed by gear and rpm.

i plan to fight it tho. there is a law in ga that states the vehicle that the speed device is attached to has to be clearly visible from 500 feet. this road has an up/down hill and is curvy, preventing visiblity. plus, there was like a big *** semi parked near the cops. hope it works! wish me luck...

Old 03-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by weaksauce
got one the other day for 45 in a 25. it really sucked cause i just dropped my car off at the dealer and was in the loaner. i am used to the 6mt coupe and was driving a 5mt auto. had ZERO idea how fast i was going cause i am so used to judging speed by gear and rpm.

i plan to fight it tho. there is a law in ga that states the vehicle that the speed device is attached to has to be clearly visible from 500 feet. this road has an up/down hill and is curvy, preventing visiblity. plus, there was like a big *** semi parked near the cops. hope it works! wish me luck...

good luck, i fought 2 tickets already and lost them both

Old 03-09-2005, 08:58 PM
I hate some cops. They are out there to get you. Last time I was going about mid 70's and he said I was going at 80's. And in California, cops love to go to court because the state is broke and they get pay OT pay. The judge 99% of the time will listen to the cops too.
The judge will say that your agreement is beyond the reasonable doubt, therefore, you are guilty and no traffic school. I was like...how is the cop's agreement is not beyond the reasonable doubt and mine is... they just said too bad.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, my wife just got a ticket for going 10 over. Pulled over right in our neighborhood too. I got a ticket about a year ago, for going 70 in a 60.

The last time my wife went to court, the lady before her, got a ticket for going 38 in a 35. (Yes, you heard me right).

Small city courts can suck.... Cop didn't show to my wife's court date, but judge allowed it anyways. Said she had to request cop to show. So she did, they rescheduled court date. Cop still didn't show. Still didn't matter, as judge said he would represent the cop

Some lady there even got a ticket for reckless driving, because she was "driving on the wrong side of the road". Even though she was allegedly passing a truck, in a legal passing zone. Cop claimed he didn't see any truck. (Why would anyone drive on the wrong side of the road for no reason, unless drunk?)

Old 03-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah, my family recently moved to a very rural area. I guess they depend on the income from speeding tickets, they ticketed my father for a 67 in a 60. Really pissed him off too. Figures he pays enough in property taxes. *shrug*. We live in Virginia, so radar detectors are illegal too . I'm still thinking about getting one, but its got to be a stealth install, or one I could hide if I got pulled. Not sure what to do about that just yet...

Old 03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I got a couple tickets 4-5 years back here in Arkansas. I was only going 10 over the speed limit. Cop wrote it for 17 over. This was at night also. I had a radar detector that never went off, and when I asked to see the radar to dispute the amount over that he wrote the ticket for he said "We are trained not to need radar". He VISUALLY picked my speed supposedly.

So off to court I go. Cop showed up. I explained the situation with the judge and said that there was no radar involved, and freely admitted that I was speeding, but only 10 over the limit. Judge sided with the cop. Agreed that in the state of Arkansas the cops are trained to visually determine the speed. The ticket stuck and I got fined for going 62 in a 45. That was total BS. I didn't believe there was any way in the world it was going to go down like that or I would have done it differently and taken driving school instead.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Check out www.ticketkiller.com. The approach has worked for me once before.

Another time I found an attorney who just so happened (wink wink) to be a district judge in the neighboring township to the one in which I was ticketed. Given his knowledge of the neighboring district judge and his courtroom, it was easy to negotiate a plea bargain. Basically reduced to no moving violation, no points and a reduction in fine.

Last edited by sherwooa; 03-10-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Alonjar
Yeah, my family recently moved to a very rural area. I guess they depend on the income from speeding tickets, they ticketed my father for a 67 in a 60. Really pissed him off too. Figures he pays enough in property taxes. *shrug*. We live in Virginia, so radar detectors are illegal too . I'm still thinking about getting one, but its got to be a stealth install, or one I could hide if I got pulled. Not sure what to do about that just yet...
What small town in VA is this?