G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Defective 03 G35 Coupe Clutch! Lets File A Complaint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Defective 03 G35 Coupe Clutch! Lets File A Complaint!

This is ridiculous! I have a 03 6mt with ONLY 30K miles on it and now its going bad! I've done some searches on this forum and I know Im not the only person having this problem. I've read stories of people who have had their clutches go out as early as 1,500K. This is an obvious problem, when will INFINITI take some responsiblity? I know some people are going to say that the clutch life will vary from driver to driver. Ive been driving clutch for 8 years and my maxima's clutch lasted for nearly 110K miles! I treat that DAMN CAR LIKE A BABY! I saved every penny I got for this car feeling that Infinit offers quality parts! Boy was I wrong! I even had the service rep admit that many cars have gone it with this same problem with as few as 5k miles...So I asked her, "IF I REPLACE THIS CLUTCH (FOR NEARLY $2GRAND) AND 100 MILES LATER IT GOES OUT AGAIN, IS IT MY FAULT BECAUSE ITS A WEAR AND TARE PART?" SHE SAID YES! I told her that obiously the clutch is weak and not sufficiently strong enough for this car. Infiniti needs to address this issue and stop making profit off of this defect! Where do we as consumers draw the line? When will Infinitii take responsibility and not take the easy way out? I am so pissed right now I think I may sell my car!

For anyone out there who feels my pain or has had this problem happen to them, PLEASE POST your story below. We have to be able to do something, I called the corporate office and they were of no help.

Can we file some kind of complaint to force Infiniti to address this issue? I do not feel comfortable paying for something that I feel is not my fault and know that there is a very high chance of this happening again! I did not buy this car so I can fork out 2 grand every 30K miles or less. This is very disappointing...I feel that we are being takin advantage of.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE POST THEM BELOW...

Old 03-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Yes these cars do have very small clutches for the power and weight of them. The clutch disc itself is the same size as the clutches in the datsuns (some of the datsuns like the 510 had a larger clutch). Honestly if my g35 had a manual I would go aftermarket with the clutch. I dont know whats out there as far as aftermarket clutches, but its worth a shot.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:04 AM
bbg35, that sux i got 25k on my 03, you got me concerned, i rip on mine all the time, im only 20, i dont have money for this kinda sheit, u track your G?

Old 03-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess you can start a how many miles on your stock clutch thread....

Im at 3700miles, perfect condition.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
'03 6MT coupe. 27k on odometer, 175 miles on new clutch/transmission courtesy of Infiniti due to 2nd gear grind. Downfall is I now have this weird sounding "chatter" during disengagement (just a second or so) from a complete stop.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did your second gear grind ALL the time? Or only when cold. My 03 has 27k on it and its starting to grind slightly if you drive the car before its somewhat warm.

Old 03-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by WhiteMikeG35
Did your second gear grind ALL the time? Or only when cold.
It would only grind on the first 1st-2nd gear shift of the day on what happened to be a week of very cold mornings here. It happened on three consecutive mornings for me. Took it in that afternoon and left it overnight for them to test drive the next morning. I got a call that afternoon stating I would be getting a new transmission.

On a side note, right after I posted above about the "chatter", I adjusted the clutch according to the FreshAlloy thread and entirely eliminated it with minimal (2 turns) adjustment.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Been there, done that. New trans and clutch after 18K miles and two weeks of fighting with the dealer. Wrote a three page letter about how ****ty I was treated and never heard back. They dont care man

Old 03-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my clutch went out at 3,000 miles and its an 04!!! they gave me a hard time and made me talk with the manager. i've never had a problem with any of my manual cars in the past.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I've got almost 18k on my '03, and no clutch or tranny problems thus far, other than a slight shudder/chatter when engaging the clutch from a stop, which its done since new.

I'm getting a random burning oil smell from the car now though, which i need to bring it in to the dealer for them to look at. I don't think its the transmission that's leaking though.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:50 PM
► Matt ◄
I got 16k on my first tranny/clutch. This was my first manual car but I was a fast learner thanks to my past quads and dirtbikes. If my clutch ever went I would prolly go with a JWT clutch/flywheel. The tranny however is a competely different story..

Old 03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I know this thread is dead, but I have an update about the clutch on another thread.

CHECK OUT THREAD #11

Old 03-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Too many burn outs?

Old 03-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Evil Bastard
Most mfg's that I know of will replace the clutch as being defective if it's failing that early without signs of abuse when they tear it apart. I'd call infiniti's customer service and see what they think about it.

do you people have mods that may make them say "hmmmmmmm...."?

Typically, if the service reps are not total snakes, they'll let go a couple low level mods (intake, exhaust, maybe ecu) but headers, head, etc would probably put up a few flags. Obviously, suspension mods shouldn't really hurt.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by jinubob81
Most mfg's that I know of will replace the clutch as being defective if it's failing that early without signs of abuse when they tear it apart. I'd call infiniti's customer service and see what they think about it.

do you people have mods that may make them say "hmmmmmmm...."?

Typically, if the service reps are not total snakes, they'll let go a couple low level mods (intake, exhaust, maybe ecu) but headers, head, etc would probably put up a few flags. Obviously, suspension mods shouldn't really hurt.
I called Infiniti's Customer Support and they are a BIG joke! They dont care or even try to help you. All they said is that they can only go by what the mechanic says, and without even taking the car apart the mechanic said "IM 98% SURE ITS THE CLUTCH." Good clutch? Bad clutch? It didnt matter to me, I didnt like this dealership and I definitly dont trust them.

So, I took the car to 3 other (INFINITI/NISSAN)mechanics...AND GUESS WHAT? They all said that there is nothing wrong with the clutch. 1 mechanic said it was probably the master cylinder, the other 2 said it's either the master cylinder or the bushings...But one thing is for sure, ALL 3 MECHANICS SAID "ITS NOT THE CLUTCH." So I made another appointment with Infiniti, but this time Im going to try a different dealership.

PS...I didnt buy $850 tires to do burn outs...besides thats what my sisters car is for!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Defective 03 G35 Coupe Clutch! Lets File A Complaint!