G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I did something really stupid....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
I did something really stupid....

So I have the clutch squeak and on some forum I heard that spraying some sort of lubricant in that little rubber boots under the tranny(on the pivot fork bearing) would solve the issue. Well looks like I might have gotten something else cause now when I take off in first gear my car feels like it's not gripping the clutch and vibrates slightly.🤦
Would spraying break cleaner in there help he issue? Or just leave it alone for now I'm so pissed please help me pros🙁

Old 08-12-2021, 08:04 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like you contaminated the clutch with whatever you sprayed in there.

Since it's already slipping I suggest just slipping the **** out of it to slightly smoke the clutch and hopefully it will burn off enough of whatever you sprayed in there that it will salvage the clutch.

1st gear, get on the throttle hard and accelerate with the clutch pedal about halfway engaged, only do this for a few seconds at a time. It will stink like burning clutch for half a day as the smoke makes it's way out of the bellhousing. Since you are already slipping you might be able to just wide open throttle in 1st gear with the clutch fully released and get the same effect.

YES YOU ARE SMOKING THE CLUTCH BY DOING THIS, but hopefully the heat generated will cook off enough of the contaminants to make it mostly functional again.

More than likely though you will need a new clutch.

The following users liked this post:
LexD (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Originally Posted by cleric670
Sounds like you contaminated the clutch with whatever you sprayed in there.

Since it's already slipping I suggest just slipping the **** out of it to slightly smoke the clutch and hopefully it will burn off enough of whatever you sprayed in there that it will salvage the clutch.

1st gear, get on the throttle hard and accelerate with the clutch pedal about halfway engaged, only do this for a few seconds at a time. It will stink like burning clutch for half a day as the smoke makes it's way out of the bellhousing. Since you are already slipping you might be able to just wide open throttle in 1st gear with the clutch fully released and get the same effect.

YES YOU ARE SMOKING THE CLUTCH BY DOING THIS, but hopefully the heat generated will cook off enough of the contaminants to make it mostly functional again.

More than likely though you will need a new clutch.
Did this and the issue is gone thank you 🙂

Old 08-19-2021, 09:45 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You got really lucky

In the future keep in mind that you definitely don't want to be spraying anything up inside the bellhousing like that.