G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Seats too narrow. Help !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe Seats too narrow. Help !

Hi,
I have test driven several G35 coupes. While I really like the car, the driver's seat is way too narrow for my comfort. This is especially noticeable for longer drives. Before anyone thinks I need to diet to fit into the car, I wear waist size 34 blue jeans. The thigh support on both sides is too promenient and creates pressure on the side of my legs.
I tried the Sedan version and the seat was great! The dealer would not switch out the seats for me nor offered any alternative in getting the sedan seat into the coupe. All he could suggest was to check with local aftermarket shops for 'modifications'.
Has anyone come up with a solution to this seat? It is too uncomfortable for me to purchase the car.

Mousemaster

Old 03-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by mousemaster
Hi,
I have test driven several G35 coupes. While I really like the car, the driver's seat is way too narrow for my comfort. This is especially noticeable for longer drives. Before anyone thinks I need to diet to fit into the car, I wear waist size 34 blue jeans. The thigh support on both sides is too promenient and creates pressure on the side of my legs.
I tried the Sedan version and the seat was great! The dealer would not switch out the seats for me nor offered any alternative in getting the sedan seat into the coupe. All he could suggest was to check with local aftermarket shops for 'modifications'.
Has anyone come up with a solution to this seat? It is too uncomfortable for me to purchase the car.

Mousemaster
You may want to try adjusting the seat differently. I have the same waist size and the coupe seats are perfectly sized. What MY? Maybe the 04 and 05 seats are different?

Old 03-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buddy, I feel ya..The seat is crap..I am trying to figure out what to do..

Old 03-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Ya know, it's funny. I'm 6'0, 240 lbs (mostly muscle... ) and I fit into the seats just fine. I guess it's rather subjective.

Anyways, look into a good seat of aftermarket seats. Or lose weight

Dave

Old 03-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Old 03-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Diet maybe? LOL just kidding I couldn't resist.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well, it is a coupe, and it is a sportscar. Therefor, it is small. If it was big, it wouldent be much of a sportscar.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
That was one of the main reasons I went with the 04 instead of the 05. The 05 seats were so narrow (6'1" 210 lbs) that the sides of my legs were actually sitting on the bolstering of the seats. I would have killed those things and made them look like an old football after a few months!

The 04 seats are not great either. They get uncomfy after long rides and, bizarre as it may seem, it seems as though where the bottom of the seatback meets with the seating surface, that this area always untucks my shirts on the way to work ?????????

Like I said, bizarre.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Seats Stink

That's just how I felt about the seats. I felt as if I was sitting on the side bolsters instead of in the seat pan itself. The salesman could only offer the party line about this being a sports car. However, I have had plenty of sports cars and they did not torture me on a test drive. Too bad about the seats. I wonder how many cars Infiniti didn't sell because of this problem?

If anyone has anything in the way of modifications to the stock seat through contouring, swap outs, etc, let me know.

I am a little afraid of after market seats and how they would interface with the seat heaters and seat movement.

Mousemaster

Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I love the seats on the 05 G. They hold me firmly in place during cornering - despite the fact that they are leather. It's too bad they haven't found a way to make a seat that comfortably holds everyone.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 PM
haha fatty

Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 AM
I think the real reason I can't fit in the seat is that I am sitting on my overstuffed wallet. I guess I will spend all that money down at the BMW dealer instead. Those seats fit.

Mousemaster

Old 03-21-2005, 12:53 AM
► Matt ◄
Why do you guys buy these cars you cant fit into? I honestly thing the seat is large. Im 5'5 at 150 lbs and wish I had toyota celica seats in the car, now those are the seats I love, the kind that wrap around you!

Old 03-21-2005, 01:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The real question is why cant Infiniti do their seat research and put Recaro's or something similar into the G....BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus dont have these problems.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by BlackM6C
The real question is why cant Infiniti do their seat research and put Recaro's or something similar into the G....BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus dont have these problems.
infiniti is a japanese car, most japanese arent that big, if you look around your find most people in north america has seat problems with japanese car.
perhaps you shouldnt get these cars if you cant feel comfy with these seats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Seats too narrow. Help !