G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else purchase the WHEEL/TIRE warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i purchased the tire/wheel warranty.

one week after i bought the car, i kept getting the low pressure tire light. it turns out i had a nail stuck in it. the service guy said it was illegal to fix holes in tires of our size so he just gave me a brand new michelin pilot sp. it almost paid for itself right there. i do wish i had put more miles on the tire first tho. oh well.

i also asked him if i bought my tires at costco, would the tire/wheel warranty still be valid. he said yes!

i'm in northern va btw.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:58 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScapGF
I went ahead and paid about $400 for the 5year wheel/tire warranty because New Orleans roads are such crap around here. In fact, I had 6 flat tires in the past 3 years JUST from road debris here. Amazing eh?

Anyway, I think I might have something lodged in the tire, so I am gonna go to the dealer tomorrow to see what the deal is.

My question is, has anyone else actually USED the warranty with the dealer for a tire repair/replacement?

I was wondering if your dealer gave you any trouble with it, or if they try to fix the tire immediately to let you get on your way.

Thanks all!
Yes I got one too, underwritten by "Coast to Coast". Very comprehensive coverage for tires and rims in the event of road hazzard damage. (5 yrs)
If either are unrepairable, they are replaced.

Not used my warranty yet, so keep us up to date on how your claims goes.

C.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I got the warrentee, except they made me pay $400 for the damn things, w%$f!... but I guess it helps since the 05 rims can't be cheap to replace.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by gsedanman

Not used my warranty yet, so keep us up to date on how your claims goes.

C.
Brought the car in and apparently the valve stem was faulty, hence the slow leak.

They replaced it without me having to mention the wheel/tire warranty.

I will read the fine print about curbing the wheels, but if I do, I honeslty don't think it would be much different than saying I had hit a pothole indirectly.

And if anyone thinks this in unethical, I disagree. Esp. since I paid full price on the warranty and the dealer implied that curbed rims could be replaced under the warranty.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:44 PM
400 over 5 years is like a wopping 6 bucks extra per month on the payment. i wish they had offered it to me when i bought my car. i would have taken it even at 400. the sports are expensive!

Old 03-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
I4 could quite possibly be the worst interstate ever!
i agree with u 100%... plus with all that construction and **** they always are doing... nice choice

Old 03-26-2005, 10:24 PM
You know, if your car is damaged because of a pot hole, the city is responsible right? And, by law, must pay for the repairs to your car.

I doubt they'd replace a tire, since it is a wear item, but a rim and suspension you could argue.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by Alonjar
You know, if your car is damaged because of a pot hole, the city is responsible right? And, by law, must pay for the repairs to your car.
I have never heard of anyone making a claim against a city/parish/county over hitting a pothole.

Originally Posted by Alonjar
I doubt they'd replace a tire, since it is a wear item, but a rim and suspension you could argue.
If you are still referring to a city paying for repairs, the answer is the same as above.

But as for the wheel/tire warranty goes, they will replace your tire if need be(damaged, not because of regular use).

Old 03-27-2005, 01:10 AM
I work for Infiniti, and I even think that it's worth it...

I hit a pothole in my G this week and my 18" rim cracked. It can be costly if you pay out of your own pocket, but warranty covered my rim and tire.

Only time they cover the rim is if the rim does not seal and hold air. If you bend a rim, and it still holds air... they wont cover it. If you hit a curb, they wont cover it.

There are certain extents to the warranty, but in all honesty, it's worth it.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:38 PM
I just bought mine today, had a screw in it da second day I bought da car (3/25). Taking the wheel in to be patched tomorrow, hopefully they deemed it unrepairable and I get a new tire.
Those whose actually made claims, did you guys have to call it in first before you brought it in to get fix/replace?

Old 03-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No warranty for me.. I had to shell out 480 bucks for two michellin PS today

Old 03-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I purchased the warranty for $400 also. Three months after having the car I got a nail in one of my rear tires and it was deemed unrepairable. Cost on the tire to replace it was roughly $360. I purchased the tire and submitted the claim to Infiniti and got my check. Just replacing the one tire paid for the claim so I'm pretty happy. Considering how expensive these tires are it's a good deal.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:11 AM
my dealer offered me the tire package yesterday price was 3yr.-$255 4yr.-$265 5yr.-$275. Don`t sound bad to me car will be here in couple weeks. Will probaly go for it

Old 04-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Good info. I didn't know Infiniti offers this warranty. I have my car almost half year by now! Just called my dealer today and talked to the financial manager. He offered me $275 for 5 yrs as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else purchase the WHEEL/TIRE warranty?