G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else purchase the WHEEL/TIRE warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else purchase the WHEEL/TIRE warranty?

I went ahead and paid about $400 for the 5year wheel/tire warranty because New Orleans roads are such crap around here. In fact, I had 6 flat tires in the past 3 years JUST from road debris here. Amazing eh?

Anyway, I think I might have something lodged in the tire, so I am gonna go to the dealer tomorrow to see what the deal is.

My question is, has anyone else actually USED the warranty with the dealer for a tire repair/replacement?

I was wondering if your dealer gave you any trouble with it, or if they try to fix the tire immediately to let you get on your way.

Thanks all!

Old 03-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy cow that is expensive!

Most tires can be fixed when they are damaged, usually FREE!

Discount Tire offers a tire warranty, $30 per tire

Old 03-22-2005, 02:01 AM
KPC
Originally Posted by ChazM

i guess the other 70 goes to the rim...

but still expensive....

Old 03-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by ChazM

Yes, but this warranty is further. If the tire is unfixable, they replace it.

But the biggest saver is for the rims. If I nail a pothole(of which there are millions in New Orleans) and crack a rim or two, they will replace them FREE of charge.

So I have paid $400 for 5 years of this.

I think $80/year for never having to worry about rim or tire replacement is quite good. Think about it, $80 is like filling your gas tank 2.5 times.

Would I get this warranty in Florida where the roads are great? Probably not. But here its like driving on the lunar surface, so it made sense to me!

Old 03-22-2005, 09:11 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by ScapGF
$80 is like filling your gas tank 2.5 times.
How cheap must gas be over there? $80 will get me barely 1.7 tanks down here.

Will they be actually willing to replace your rim, no questions asked, if you curb it or bend it or w/e the case? If so then I think it's worth it too, people pay much more for paint and leather protection and what not.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 AM
I just got my Coupe this past weekend, and was offered this Tire/Wheel warranty for $289. I talked him down to $179 (his cost) but ended up refusing the deal. I'll take my chances...

Old 03-22-2005, 09:31 AM
damn talked him down to 179... you shoulda jumped on it !

even at 289 or 299 (price i paid)

those 1k dealer rims will be toast in a good pothole.

puncture the tire (making it unrepairable) new tire 100% treadlife.

ppp

Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Yes, but this warranty is further. If the tire is unfixable, they replace it.

But the biggest saver is for the rims. If I nail a pothole(of which there are millions in New Orleans) and crack a rim or two, they will replace them FREE of charge.

So I have paid $400 for 5 years of this.

I think $80/year for never having to worry about rim or tire replacement is quite good. Think about it, $80 is like filling your gas tank 2.5 times.

Would I get this warranty in Florida where the roads are great? Probably not. But here its like driving on the lunar surface, so it made sense to me!
Actually discount tires warranty replaces the tire to if it is too damaged......though they don't do a rim warranty

About not getting the warranty in Flordia. About 4 years ago Florida was ranked #1 in having the worst roads in the U.S....remember we have major sinkholes from our depleted water system

Old 03-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I purchased that warranty for $350 dollars. Althought it lasts 5 years, you must realize that the repair costs (if any) will be capped at $2000. Therefore, after 2 rims are gone, the rest is on you. But I still think it is a great deal especially if you have horrible roads in your area.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Will they be actually willing to replace your rim, no questions asked, if you curb it or bend it or w/e the case? If so then I think it's worth it too, people pay much more for paint and leather protection and what not.
The warranty does not cover your damages if you curb the rim.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:25 PM
That's the only extra warranty I bought on my 05. It was $280 and I got it because of the general road conditions here in NM. Once you're out of town, the road conditions might be anything and those 19" rims are expensive.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
i also purchased the tire/wheel warranty package. i live in orlando, and the roads around UCF completely suck. plus i make a 120 mile drive on I4 from orlando to clearwater a couple times a month. I4 could quite possibly be the worst interstate ever!

Old 03-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I also have this warranty but not really sure how it works. Say if my tires were to wear out would they replace it for me or is that not part of the warranty?

Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I went ahead and paid about $400 for the 5year wheel/tire warranty because New Orleans roads are such crap around here. In fact, I had 6 flat tires in the past 3 years JUST from road debris here. Amazing eh?

Anyway, I think I might have something lodged in the tire, so I am gonna go to the dealer tomorrow to see what the deal is.

My question is, has anyone else actually USED the warranty with the dealer for a tire repair/replacement?

I was wondering if your dealer gave you any trouble with it, or if they try to fix the tire immediately to let you get on your way.

Thanks all!
Yes I have a wheel/tire warranty I bought from the dealer, but no I haven't had to make a claim.
The warranty (by Coast to Coast) on mine states that "road hazzards" are covered as is damage to rims from such incidents for 5 yrs., but the repair or replacement decision is made by them.
C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 03-22-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I had 1 tire with a nail - Michellin PS rear tire. Bought the warranty from Grubbs, and it worked great. Purchased the tire, shop manager called in the claim, received my money 2 -3 weeks later. Full price with tax!

Worth it!

-----

Grantw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else purchase the WHEEL/TIRE warranty?