G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Annoying Things in the G!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive no problem w/ the belts, even though im not that tall and i cant seat too far back. just try to reach it w/ ur left hand, u dont even have to twist ur body to reach it. the B-pillar's position is a tradeoff for having that gorgeous sloping roofline.

when it was new, i used to rant about the dipstick, but after a few tries i learned how to push/pull it properly so no complaints now.

the other complaint is the non-existent cabin light past the moonroof, they put seats back there but didnt provide light? even cheap coupes have one.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EffEcks
Yeah, I've noticed that if I spill crap on the carpet, it gets dirty too. It also seems like the gas tank keeps getting empty, and so I have to refill it at least once a week. C'mon, Infiniti...have you seen the price of gas? And what about these tires that not only pick up a lot of dirt from the road and but also seem to be wearing down the more I drive. Anybody notice how dark it is in the trunk when you close it? What's THAT all about? What a piece of crap, I'm taking it back.
Just... LOL!

Old 03-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by jruss9819
What are you guys using to clean off the doors? Those black marks are a pain to clean and I can never remove them completely.
Try 303 Aerospace Protectant. Great stuff. Wipe it on to the the plastic and rubber surfaces, and it provides a really nice gloss and layer of protection from scuffs and dirt. I put some on a couple of months back, and it still looks glossy, and no scuff marks!

Here's a link:
http://www.properautocare.com/303-16.html

Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the seatbelt problem, try reaching back by your waist at the lower part of the door. I've owned many coupes and found it was always easier to do it this way. For the commet about why the seatbelt wasn't built into the seat...keep in mind, this would require much stronger seats. The load from your body's forward momentum during an accident would have to be placed on the seat rather than the chassis. Having seen that seatback hinges can break in accidents, I'd prefer the seatbelt to remain where it is now.

The problem with the doors in most coupes are that they are long. This means for a given amount of space next to the car, the door will open to a shallower angle than in a typical 4-Door. Kicking the lower door panel is a common problem in most coupes. Try parking with no cars next to you and you'll be able to open your door further, which will allow you to clear the door easier. The only coupe I've seen a solution for this in was a Mercedes. I forget which one, but the door used a double hinge that pulled the door forward as it opened. Since you end up closer to the rear edge of the door when the door is opned, you had a lot more clearance. It was quite clever and I took a closer look when I saw it. The hinge mechanism looks heavy and bulky though. But still clever nontheless.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ferrarimanic360
is it just me or are any other people on here getting anoyed with having to reach back to grab the seat belt (for the drivers seat), and also am i the only one who has marks on the sides of my doors from my shoes. Just a thought

I use my left hand to reach back for the seat belt and it is not a real issue. As far as the foot marks on the door, I avoid that by opening the door fully before entering or exiting the car.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:37 PM
I totally agree about the seat belts, you have to be a contortionist to use them. I rode in a Mercedes SL 500 roadster yesterday and their seat belt design is excellent, it threads through the seat and is right there at your shoulder for easy handling. Another pet peeve about the car is the inadequate amount of sound deadening material - especially in the wheel wells. I know for the 1% of G owners who are serious about tracking their cars, you are glad there isn't any additioal weight from sound deadening material, but the other 99% of us would appreciate a little quieter cabin. Lastly, I don't like the way the climate controls are laid out, I still have to focus too much to find the "Off" button or some of the other controls.

For those of you who get upset whenever anyone mentions something about the car they don't like, you probably get equally defensive when your friends/family try and give YOU constructive criticism. We all love out G's, but would like to see some of its remaining flaws improved for the benefit of future owners - that isn't going to happen if we all keep our mouths shut and march in lock-step chanting that the G is perfect.

Prolix

Old 03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah it pulls my shoulder out of joint everytime I reach back there with my left arm, another annoying thing is when it rains and you open your door the water just falls straight down off the top of the car and onto your leather seats, sucks.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:09 PM
KPC
Got my car for 9 days now..

got a few things that I think they could sure improve in the future

1. Key - seden come w/ intellegent key fob, and many other luxary car has it too,

2. Seat move way too slow for rear entry

3. rattle sound

4. seat belt are hard to reach and I"m worrying it will make marks on the door

5. Noise, compare to other luxary cars, in cabin noise is quite high

6. Entry and Exiting the door... (That's how Sport cars are, door are longer compare to sedan, so when exiting, sometime it is harder to open the door all the way due to tight parking spot, so just have to watch you foot, try not to leave marks on the door)

Old 03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Don't have a G yet...but I think I would be annoyed about the gas tank having to open it up manually instead of a button. I would think a luxury car should have at least that...unless it'll create more mechanical weight. I believe all of the Infiniti vehicles are like this. Older models like my 96' I30t has it...I guess they save money that way for not doing it anymore.

I test drove the S2000 and it has it, not even in the luxury segment

Old 03-31-2005, 03:39 PM
My shoes have alread left marks on the driver side door..
and it's a good thing that I'm not sitting on the passenger side, there is limited area to make your feet comfortable, my gf doesn't complain but I know she doesnt like the seat either, too stiff they are.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
KPC
Originally Posted by Knightt
Don't have a G yet...but I think I would be annoyed about the gas tank having to open it up manually instead of a button. I would think a luxury car should have at least that...unless it'll create more mechanical weight. I believe all of the Infiniti vehicles are like this. Older models like my 96' I30t has it...I guess they save money that way for not doing it anymore.

I test drove the S2000 and it has it, not even in the luxury segment
Push open isn't that bad... to me it is about the same pushing a buttom of push the gas tank lid

Originally Posted by Lucino
My shoes have alread left marks on the driver side door..
and it's a good thing that I'm not sitting on the passenger side, there is limited area to make your feet comfortable, my gf doesn't complain but I know she doesnt like the seat either, too stiff they are.
I found it stiff on the shoulder as well.. as for the leg room, not sure why is the space limited.. not sure what they put under it that took up so much space

Old 03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by KPC
Push open isn't that bad... to me it is about the same pushing a buttom of push the gas tank lid
I guess I just don't like putting my fingers on it to open, I'm always afraid that it'll wear out faster and misalign versus having it open by a button and just gently close it using the edge. Plus the idea of having fingerprints on it...but I agree, it's not THAT bad...something I will have to get use to, which I'm sure I will once I get the actual car, haha.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
I have had my G for a little under a week now; my last car was a 325ci. The things that really irritate me about the G are:

1. The doors don't automatically lock when the car moves.

2. The passenger side mirror doesn't automatically tilt down when the car is put in reverse (this feature helps prevent road rash.)

3. Cheap materials in the rear of the car.

a. The B and C pillars are covered with leather grain plastic, while the A pillar is covered in a "fabric" covered trim (much more a high quality look and feel).

b. The coat hooks are cheap looking, not motorized (like on my BMW) and they just fly out.

c. The side arm rests in the rear are also covered in leather grained plastic; a little padding with real leather would have been nice.

d. Rear seatbelt female ends just flop down on the seat. I would have liked to see the fabric slack removed from them, since the rear only seats two. Having them stand up, and not just flop down would look a lot better.

4. Technology is a little dated, no Bluetooth, ipod connectivity, or bi-xenon’s

5. Tire sensors don't give detailed information for each wheel (yet the 350z does?)

6. The seats don't move forward and up (like on BMW coupes). Instead we have to use that slow a$$ "slide" button.

7. The hood does not have gas shocks. I mean come on, my car stickers at 39K...yet I still have to open the hood, hold it, and look for the bar, and the hole it goes into! This really becomes a problem at night. Come on Nissan, even a Jetta has shocks.

8. Old school brakes that give out a "noise" when they're worn, verses having a light that shows inside the car when they're worn.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car; and i'm well aware no car is perfect.

Last edited by shibbel22; 03-31-2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Prolix

For those of you who get upset whenever anyone mentions something about the car they don't like, you probably get equally defensive when your friends/family try and give YOU constructive criticism. We all love out G's, but would like to see some of its remaining flaws improved for the benefit of future owners - that isn't going to happen if we all keep our mouths shut and march in lock-step chanting that the G is perfect.

Prolix
The G is by no means perfect and I've got a few issues with the car, but I think some folks need to chose your battles and maybe consider why something is the way it is before you start complaining about it. The same guys that will get on here and ask for additional luxury features and sound deadening out of one side of their mouth will complain about price/weight/performance/gas mileage out of the other. There's constructive criticism, and then there's thoughtless whining. It's just too easy to get on the Internet and start bitching and get the whole group-think thing going. Then, because the squeaky wheel gets the grease, Infiniti starts building a bunch of boring Lexus clones instead of the spirited sporty cars they're known for. That's what killed the original Z car and now, after everyone got so excited about price/performance when it was re-released, the luxury whine-cycle is beginning all over again. It just amazes me that you'd buy a car for what it is and then try to change it into something that you weren't willing to plunk down your hard-earned dough for in the first place. The seatbelts in the Mercedes may have a better design, but I doubt you'd be willing to pay the price increase it would take to have them designed and built that way in the G in order to solve the "problem". Same with door hinges. Nothing comes free, one of the reasons a Benz costs (and weighs) what it does. I understand that feedback helps improve the breed, but just consider that there's a big group of folks at the factory who put thought into each piece that goes into the car before it rolls out the door. And just maybe some us should do the same before we start trying to give expert advice to people who build cars for a living. Happens on every forum.
BTW, my wife's FX, which not only has shorter doors but also sits much higher off the ground, has shoe scuffs on the door panel. That isn't a CAR problem, it's a foot-leg-brain problem.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:14 PM
I agree with EffEcks...nowadays cars are getting bigger and heavier to meet those needs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Annoying Things in the G!!!!!!!!