G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My New Coupe! Yay!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln
Not much of a difference? I beg to differ. There is a major difference in the trim level and the instrumentation from the 04 to the 05. It may not be as apparent in the pictures, but sit in both, or better yet drive both around for an hour or a week, and you'll see the difference.

I'll give you that they're both G's, which is great, but there are major upgrades to the 05.
You guys can say all you really want about the differences, but the fact still remains they in almost every aspect, the same car.

Add some noticeable horsepower and then there will be a difference.

Man I got ripped of on my Jetta because the new year had a different stearing wheel. WHOOPEDI DOO!

Old 04-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln
Not much of a difference? I beg to differ. There is a major difference in the trim level and the instrumentation from the 04 to the 05. It may not be as apparent in the pictures, but sit in both, or better yet drive both around for an hour or a week, and you'll see the difference.

I'll give you that they're both G's, which is great, but there are major upgrades to the 05.
i agree 100%. i had the '04 and i must say, the '05 is a lot more fun to drive. plus MP3 play back is a major plus.

Old 04-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by realgone
Quit bashing the 04. They are all G's.
boo hoo hoo...

the dash on the '03-'04 was ugly as all hell. that alone made the '05s a better choice. I wasn't going to touch the G with it's old interior but the new one has made me change my ways. even with the new materials I think the G's interior looks and design have a LONG ways t ogo but definitely headed i nthe right direction. maybe next year's interior will have even more improvements and I can borrow some of the interchangable parts on the inside for a swap.

I don't know about you guys but I spend much more time enjoying my car from the inside as opposed to the outside. As nice as the G may be to everyone else looking from the outside, what's important is how mcuh I like it from the driver's seat.

As for the brembos and all that other BS about better brakes on the '05 long term and more HP blah blah blah... not really a sellign point to me b/c I expect that the car will in general drive similarly to the older models. not like it's a whole new engine or anything. also, brake distances are generally the same from what I've seen. I think the major perk with the '05 brakes is the maintenance costs. have you SEEN how much those brembo rotors/pads are costing to replace? ouch! as opposed to everyone else on here who has got careers and whatnot I bought my car with savings on my year off before starting graduate school. I know maintenance costs were an important factor in choosing a car since I don't have a ton of money during school to drop down on replacing parts ($2500 for just parts from the dealer on the Brembo rotors and pads as opposed to $500 for the new '05 brakes)