G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My New Coupe! Yay!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My New Coupe! Yay!

I loved my car so much I traded in my 04 Coupe 6MT for an 05 Coupe 6MT in the exact same color! Stillen goodies are on order, but for now here are some pics. Unfortunately it rained two hours after I washed, waxed and took pictures. Oh well, if that's the worst thing that happens to me I'm doing well!

BTW, anyone know what to do about the REV message light on the dash? I couldn't find it referenced in the manual. I assume it's there because I hit the rev limiter?

http://www.chadharlan.com/various/2005InfinitiG35_6MT/

Old 04-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Damn, thats sexy! What do you think of the new interior vs the old one? Was it really *that* much of a difference?

I'm thinking of getting either a new 05 or a slightly used 04.. if I get the 04 I can get one with more options, but the 05 would, of course, be new.. and have the upgraded interior.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your new G looks super slick in that pic! I love black G's- too hot in the FL sun though.

The only thing I wish my '04 interior had that the '05 now has is the power recline on the seat and the lighted buttons on the steering wheel.

It's not worth giving up Caribbean Blue and the Brembos to get that, however.

Congrats on your new G!

Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Nice! Love the black and love the rims.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I personally would never ever give up the Brembos looks for more horsepower. The car just looks more classy with those gold things behind the wheel. And no one who knows the car will think it's an AT...

I loved being able to differentiate between the two.

Anyways...the car looks hot tho! I like it!

Old 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
what kind of loss did you take?

Old 04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, I really love that new center console! Very nice.

Oh, and nice photo shoot, lol

Old 04-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Thanks fellas! I actually shopped for BMW M3s as well. I want the fastest, funnest car I can get that has a back seat for the baby seat. That leaves Audi, BMW and the G. The Audi has to get to the S4 for the performance to compare, and that's a good $20k more. I test drove the new A4 3.2 and it's not as fast as the G. I was really surprised at how underwhelmed I was with the BMW M3. It didn't "feel" as fast as everybody says it is. It was nice, but not enough to warrant the $18k price difference. And side by side I think the G is a lot better looking as well as more "original."

Regarding the interior: this sounds nitpicky, but I really like being able to change the temp and volume with the twist of a *** as opposed to repeatedly pushing the up or down arrow. The two things I really like about the interior is the telescoping steering wheel and the MP3 CD capability.

In addition to the power upgrade, the clutch feels a lot lighter and the handling (6MT) is different. Whether these changes are good is subjective. Some people like a heavier clutch. I like both, but I prefer the 05.

I got this car for about $800 over invoice with free window tint thrown in. They gave me higher than book value for my car, so it wasn't that bad a deal in terms of $$. Partly because it's the second car I've bought from them in 6 months, and partly because I kept pointing out how many Infiniti dealers there are in Texas that I would be happy to drive to... Having said that, car deals are never a "good investment."

My wife was even OK with the deal though! Heh heh. Now that's saying something.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Good decision with the '05. I think you're getting a much better car than the '04. Increased power, flatter torque band, vastly improved interior, and more functional brakes for everything other than the track (and some on theses boards have postulated that the '05 brakes will be better in every aspect than the '04 Brembos!)

Of course I'm biased since I'm getting an '05, but everyone who has driven both seems to comment on ejnoying the '05 much more than the '04.

I think mine will be getting here this Monday - G*d it's been too long of a wait!!!

Old 04-02-2005, 08:29 AM
love the rims...congrats!!

Old 04-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Cool Rev indicator

The change-up indicator is covered on page 5-16.

I got a new black one on Thursday night. It's my first. I can't stop smiling.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:18 PM
You cannot remove the REV indicator just the red light from coming on. From my understanding that rev light will always be illuminated just the red shift light you can set it to 8000 which it is supposed to be set at from the factory to never come on unless you hit 8k.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:28 PM
I sure hope you're a girl...that "yay" in the topic name threw me off But we'll let it slide cause of the effects a G may have on a person.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
I am getting kind of tired of people saying you get so much more of a car by getting the 05. The differences are very minimal, you're not getting a much better car as said above. Quit bashing the 04. They are all G's.

When the new G comes out in 2007 with a dramatic increase in horsepower, than I think we will all be upgrading and than we can all say that the 2007 is a much better car than the 03-06.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Hmmm,
having been one of the first Canucks to get a G coupe, and having been a member here for quite some time, and having just replaced my '03 with an '05, I would suggest that it's not a bash to suggest that they have made improvements to the car. As well Nissan/Infiniti should. The new 3 Series has arrived, and there must be a firm response. Generally, the interior is much improved. The car has more power, and variable valve timing has been added to the exhaust side, expanding the tuning potential of the engine. The suspension has been tuned for greater performance. The MT has been tidied up for cleaner shifting (this is immediately apparent). The new wheels are wonderful (as were the old). With the exception of the absence of some gold calipers, what's not to like?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Coupe! Yay!