G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealership rearended my car!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 05:11 PM
KPC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like HOTROD's idea...

but i don't think they will do that... + that's extra cash you have to throw in...

Get them replace the bumper and fender NOT fix, replace them and ask for compensation... but i doubt they will give you life time service on anything...

Old 04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
KPC
By the way... Which DEALER is it?...i will make sure i go else where...

Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
you should definitely let them keep your damaged G and get another one at no cost. No matter what, the car will have a mark that it has been an accident. No Repair will be good as orignal. If there are people that are really **** about buying a car, they can measure the thickness of the paint to determine if it has been repainted.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:28 PM
when u buy a new car buyt it from them and ull have them by the ***** with the new deal

Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Well let's be real here.
It was an accident, they admitted it and obviously they are willing to make it right. Trying to get a new vehicle out of it or something like that is just insane. Let's not forget that they could just let you deal with your insurance company or theirs and in that respect it will just show up on their record as well as your vehicle record.
It didn't sound like it was a huge wreck such as smashing in your whole rear end but talk to the manager and be honest with him but don't expect to walk out of there like a millionaire.
My .02

Old 04-01-2005, 11:03 PM
nobody said *give* him a free vehicle, they said offer retail trade in, which is what the dealer is suggesting the car will be worth after repair (a blatant lie). The issue here is that they buckled the fender, not just hit the bumper cover. Thats not really minor.

Accepting that accidents happen is not freaking out and being an *** when they tell you it happened. Not rolling over and accepting a repair without compensation of any sort is just plain smart.

I see you've got an '05, I seriously doubt you'd be ok with the dealer taking 2-3K out of your pocket in a future trade in. Of course, I know people who dont sweat a few thousand here or there. I tend to notice those things however.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They might say no to lifetime service and say its enough that they are repairing it. IF thats the case, go corporate on them, no really I mean call the corporation or threatin them to do so. I mean today I had the survey in my hands and got a free oil change and made them throw in 2 free chrome plate frames. They were dying to get that survey so bad, that they didn't hesitate. Call the same number that the survey comes from or 'threathin' it. You will have them by the ***** for sure.

Moral of story: I learned that the survey is like kryptonite to the dealerships.

Old 04-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Just make sure they get it repaired to as close as possible to OEM condition. That's the best you can hope for. Everyone ranting and raving about free this, and free that. Well the fact is, the dealer is only reponsible to return it to original condition. If you take it to court, you definately won't see anything extra. And depending what state you are in, the dealer may not even be responsible for any depreciation. Of course, if it's all just cosmetic damage (no chassis or powertrain) and it's been repaired correctly, then it shouldn't affect trade-in value anyway.

I just had the same thing happened to my Coupe, except the dealer smashed the front 1/4 panel and bumper. Just got it back a week ago, and the work done is BETTER the OEM (paint that is). The paint is a lot stronger and looks 10X better then OEM nissan paint.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
It never hurts to ask. If you don't ask, you'll never know.

The worse thing that can happen is they fix your car to your specifications and tell you no to the bennies. That's no worse than you are right now, right?

Old 04-02-2005, 11:37 AM
That's interesting. I told my sales guy I would file an excellent survey if he would throw in a few oil changes, but I was told that would be bribery and he couldn't do it....

Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
They might say no to lifetime service and say its enough that they are repairing it. IF thats the case, go corporate on them, no really I mean call the corporation or threatin them to do so. I mean today I had the survey in my hands and got a free oil change and made them throw in 2 free chrome plate frames. They were dying to get that survey so bad, that they didn't hesitate. Call the same number that the survey comes from or 'threathin' it. You will have them by the ***** for sure.

Moral of story: I learned that the survey is like kryptonite to the dealerships.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by njg356mt
That's interesting. I told my sales guy I would file an excellent survey if he would throw in a few oil changes, but I was told that would be bribery and he couldn't do it....

My dealership is corrupt. They told me they would give me all this stuff as long as I went home and grabbed it and GAVE it to them, not mailed it in. My conception is that they just want it in thier hands so that they can fill out thier own and mail it and not have to worry about 2 surveys accidentely going out from the same name. So as long as they obtain it, they will make necessary changes. Frankly I don't care, I got what I wanted so I was happy.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh, and every new owner is entitled to either a free oil change, full tank of gas, or some sort of non expensive accessory or if the dealership is nice enough, a combination of both. I think this is what the corporation tells dealerships to say in order to serve as an incentive for the survey getting done.

If I had mailed it in and gone for my oil change I don't know....they probably would have still given it to me since they promised if I filled it out...but again I'm not sure.

Old 04-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks for all the inputs. It turns out that the manager promised on his life he would restore my car to its original condition. Since my car was an '03 laser red, it has already showed fading on the paint and bunch of swirl marks on it. He said he would make sure to have my car detailed inside and out to a showroom condition, so there would be no signs of two-toned on the car... He sounded sincere and promising, so I guess I'll just have to take it. Afterall, I just want my car to look the way it was when I bought it. I have never filled out a survey for my dealer, hm, I wonder why?

I've been wanting to post my some pics of my car. I'll do it once I get my car back. Hopefully it'll look better than I expect.

Once again, thanks for you guys' inputs. I wish none of these would ever happen to any one of ya!

Old 04-02-2005, 07:12 PM
[B]sue them!
then burn down the dealership!

Old 04-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by patrickwong
[B]sue them!
then burn down the dealership!

Im with pat on this one, but grab me some accessories on your way out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership rearended my car!!!