G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealership rearended my car!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership rearended my car!!!

I took my beloved G to the dealer for an oil change this morning... an hour later the manager came out and asked to see me and brought me to the back and showed me that one of their guys had backed into my car!!! Now my driver rear side fender and part of the bumper is all screwed up! I cannot believe my first accident of my G is by its dealership. They offered me to fix the car to its original condition... That's about it. I asked about the depreciation of the car, he said that no one's gonna even know that this car has been fixed. What do you guys think I should do? I'm so frustrated!

Should I just go ahead and have them fix it and get over it. Or should I ask them to reimburse me and have it fixed somewhere else? Or just have the dealer fix it and ask for more compensation, like, detail job or new tires or something... :P I don't know. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Let them fix it and tell them to give you free service/maintenance for the life of the car. Throw in some Infiti gear as well!

Old 04-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Swerving and Weaving
Although i work for an Infiniti dealership, i think you should talk with the General Manager, if you havent already, and get him to fix your car plus give you tires or lifetime free service like was stated above. so far i think those are the two best ideas so far.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
How good is their work? If you don't know, then I would recommend taking it to be fixed at the shop of your choice. Just any old shop is not going to be able to restore the care to "it's original condition". You want it done right, and I don't see how they can refuse to fix it.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Gangster Member
return the car tell them you dont want it, thats bs

Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd go with the fix to original and some kind of compensation for service. The service should offset any depreciation due to your car now being a collision car. Seems to be the fairest option to me.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. fix it at the shop of YOUR choice (and take it to the absolute best place you can find)
2. they pay for the fixing
3. they pay for depreciation. dont listen to them about no one knowing. if you try to trade in the car, they will notice the paint differences and know what happened. Demand compensation for this. (one way to get a good estimate is to ask another dealer -out of state- how much that would affect resale..)

Old 04-01-2005, 01:13 PM
i would probably let them fix it, and ask for some other compensation, such as tires or lifetime of free service like some others stated. It really really sucks, I know, but it happens.. not much we can do about it. Just make sure they fix it perfectly, so you cannot tell it was ever fixed/repainted. Because it was their screw up, they wont report it to carfax or anything, so it might end up working out well in the end.

How new is the car? If its really new, maybe you can work out a deal on a new one.

Whatever you do, let us know how it turns out!

Old 04-01-2005, 01:46 PM
sounds like a good time to get a free clearbra as well.... at the very least.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by sales
sounds like a good time to get a free clearbra as well.... at the very least.
Hey.. thats a good idea..

Old 04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Whatever deal you make, get it in writing.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Don't let them smoke your shorts - of COURSE it affects the resale value. When I went in to trade my Maxima on my G, one of the first questions the sales guy asked me was if the car had ever been in an accident.

sarcasm

Seeing as how it doesn't affect resale, he must have been concerned about my health or something.

/sacasm

I agree - lifetime free oil changes, lifetime tire balance and rotation, whatever you can get. If you're a fan of the clear-bra that would be a nice addition - or maybe a small shopping spree in their parts department..

How old is your car? (year and miles).. Just curious. I'd have somebody bent over with their head in the corner until the coughed up something.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:11 PM
let them take it in trade @ retail and give you a new one at invoice!

Old 04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Geewillikers has a good point.

Just because it's not documented anywhere doesn't mean you dont have to tell people it's been in wreck.

I would do a search on the web for your state's used car disclosure laws. Usually if your car has been wrecked and the damage exceeds a certain dollar amount, you are required by law to tell the buyer about it.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hotrod
let them take it in trade @ retail and give you a new one at invoice!

This is the best option......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership rearended my car!!!