G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hear of anyone selling G for annoyances?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Im thinkin bout selling it because its so damn annoying that when I walk away from my car I take about 10 looks back to admire it....its getting out of control.
Same here

Old 04-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Where do I begin?? I've had to bring in my car 5 times for the rear axle problem. I had problems with the fuel meter not reading full and had that replaced. I've had my bose stereo replaced 4 times maybe 5. I just had my driver side seat rail replace because my seat was moving all over the place. My Homelink mirror replaced twice. Rattles... don't let me get started on that!! This is my first car and I have to say this has been the worst experience ever and btw i have an 04.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:33 PM
DCASA
I have an 04 AT Coupe i bought in Oct of 03. I have never done anything to the car besides oil changes. I have 12k on mine. This car is solid. I hear everyone talk about rattles and such. I dont have any of that.
The window streaks use to occur but they do not anymore.

I agree with SICKONE that the road noise is high. SICKONE, let me know how you handle that please???

Beisdes road noise there is no annoyances. The car is exactly what it is, a solid luxury sports coupe thats extremely original looking and moderately priced.

As for the Z, Basically the same car, but when you sit and drive the 2, the G you just feel better in. And compared to the G side by side, the G looks extremely refined. The Z is a goodlooking car, but when you put it next to a G its just not as goodlooking. My 2 cents...

Old 04-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FOr the people that complain about road noise, what kind of cars have you driven in the past that makes this one seem so noisy??? I think that it is REALLY QUIET... but we have had eclipse's and prelude's and trucks in the past. I have a small rattle in the drivers side window somewhere the whistles at high speeds, and when the sunroof is open, the air coming in can rattle the sliding "door" that you can close over the sunroof when it is closed. I would buy an '04 if you can, just because the in service date is probably later and your warranty will be around longer. Love the car, will probably be buying another in the future unless we step it up to an SLK55 ///AMG. For those who know my posts, they know how much I love the ///AMG line. Sorry, hand built motors... you know how I do.

The Z is muscular, more of a guy's car, the G is sexy, more of a chick's car. just my thoughts.

Old 04-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by bout2k
I have 2500 miles on my car. I've had it for 2 months and I'm thinking about selling it.

The rattles are freakin driving me crazy. I took it to the dealer and the part they need to order isn't coming until June for one of the rattles. It rattles in the front, back, navi area, left air conditioner vent.

Another problem is putting in gas. Everytime I try to fill up the tank I get a click every 50 cents. I try and move the gas pump in different directions and still get the same thing.

Another problem I had is with the Bose stereo. They are replacing it for me because it doesn't keep it's settings.

I'm hoping all these problems get fixed really soon. If not I'm going to take a loss and sell it.

I had a Lexus IS 300 before and never had a single problem or rattle.
You must of of gotten a lemon. I have none of those problems.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've had my share of problems - one rattle(dash), one squeak(sunroof), seat rail replaced once, grease streak on both windows, clutch chatter and noisy. I have one of the earliest 6MT built (NOV 2002) and honestly the quality has been impressive to me. I agree with other people on the road noise though, sometimes it drives me nuts when I want to listen to some classical music. Hell a friend's 911 with aftermarket wheels and suspension rides more quiet than my luxury coupe.

Installing a subwoofer and keeping it on a very subtle level kind of offsets the road noise. The low frequency resonance somehow balance out the road noise. (actually what I think happens is that the bass fills in all the gaps between bumps so your eyes get used to the low frequency noise and blocks it out)

Old 04-09-2005, 10:19 PM
mrb
Well as I'm about to put down a $1500 non-refundable deposit, you guys are generating some worry. I'm used to Honda/Acuras, owned a 1/2 dozen of their cars, about the same amount of their bikes, never any of these issues. I do remember talking to my Acura serviceman one day when I dropped off the Type S for service. He said "some" people would drop the car off complaining of rattles. He said these were the really bitching/complaining type people, that will find or invent something wrong. He said no car is perfect. At the time it went through one ear and out the other. I don't know why he told me that, but I never had any problems with the car. The Bose system in the Type S sucked though.

Old 04-09-2005, 10:32 PM
I just finished installing a bunch of Dynamat and a similar products (sound damping stuff). In the trunk, under the rear seat, side panels in rear, floor boards front to back. It isn't really possible to do the firewall since there is so much stuff up under there.

It definately improved the road noise issue, though myu stillen exhaust is still too loud...

I will door the door panel another weekend, and try and get the firewall from the lower engine side

This is not an easy thing to do, I think it was a total of about 20 hours work.
Well I also 'improved' my drivers seat a little while I was in there (it now can go lower, and the seat control are moved more toward tranny hump so they don't cut into my leg.

As far as the Z being more of a mans car and the G more of chicks car... I would say just the opposite, but thats just my opinion.

Last edited by Sickone; 04-09-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrb
Well as I'm about to put down a $1500 non-refundable deposit, you guys are generating some worry. I'm used to Honda/Acuras, owned a 1/2 dozen of their cars, about the same amount of their bikes, never any of these issues. I do remember talking to my Acura serviceman one day when I dropped off the Type S for service. He said "some" people would drop the car off complaining of rattles. He said these were the really bitching/complaining type people, that will find or invent something wrong. He said no car is perfect. At the time it went through one ear and out the other. I don't know why he told me that, but I never had any problems with the car. The Bose system in the Type S sucked though.

I wouldn't worry man...trust me...forums tend to magnify the worse rather than the norm just because everyone here is an enthusiast and LOOKs HARD for little minor details....for those with the mechanical problems, maybe they never mention that they beat on thier car every chance the get, or have hit something in the past that has ruined a component and regardless of fixes, won't ever be right. What your forgetting is the other hundreds of thousands of cars out there that are just fine...owned by people who have no idea of this forum, like the general older crowd...they certainly don't have the time or care to jump on here and talk about how wonderful thier car is. I've had mine with NO major problem, and I plan on keeping like that because I don't intend on modding, voiding my warranty, or beating (redlining) every chance I get...if you do that, your car will last you and you won't have anything to worry about. Infiniti's warranty is very agressive, (but not as much hyundai's and Kia's 10 year 100,000), but 4 year basic, and 6 year powertrain is awsome man. If you have a lemon you'll know well before then...I mean look at the 03 guys with new discoveries of problems...as long as they didn't void any warranties they should be ok till this day...unless they put an insane amount of miles so that they are out of warranty....the car is great man. Also remember, when a new car hits the market, there is ALWAYS bugs that get worked out as time passes by. I'd say you'll be ok going with an 05 (just maybe not out of the woods yet, but real close) I have friends who don't know about this forum, and they have never taken thier cars in for ANY problem. If it makes you feel better, they own 03's and 04's....and some even reek havoc on thier tranny's like you wouldn't believe....for those who do that, your playing with fate...

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 04-09-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:53 PM
mrb
Thanks Gee, I'm going through with it, and I think your comments are correct. Like I stated, I'm just used to Honda/Acura, so this feels like a step down in regards to build quality. But time will tell, and I'm sure it will be alright.

Old 04-09-2005, 11:58 PM
I have an '04 AT with about 26,000 miles, and the squealing brakes will eventually do me in. The brakes started sqeaking at about 1500 miles and haven't stopped since, except after they replaced the rotors and pads at 18,000 miles (under warranty). Then the sqeaking stopped- for about 1000 miles, then started right up again. It's mostly at low speeds in heavy traffic. It's embarrassing and aggravating. Every time I take the car in for service I complain, and every time they do squat about it. I'll let them replace the rotors and pads again at 36,000 under the warranty, then if I can't find decent aftermarket pads that don't squeal constantly, the car gets sold. I don't think a $35,000 car should have this kind of persistent problem.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:49 AM
I find that BMW's anti-squeal grease/compound works well on the G's carriers.

I find the quality of my G coupe to be "Good". As a comparison, I consider a Mercedes to be "Poor", a BMW to be "Average", and a Toyota is "Excellent".

I've only had 2 minor problems with the G, cabin wind noise and a defective gas cap lock actuator, both were promptly fixedon my first oil change with a courtesy car to go along with it. Better than the Enterprise cars MB gives as loaners.

My 0.02

Last edited by mike552; 04-10-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:37 PM
After seeing the interior of my Aunt's CLK 430 last night, i now have issues with the G's interior haha.