G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

most popular / nicest color combo for g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the TB/Willow, glad I was able to get it.

rs

Originally Posted by ballaremix
TB / Willow was my favoite and most missed. I got the TB / Graphite b/c I couldn't find it. I also loved IP / Graphite

Old 04-04-2005, 09:24 PM
I guess Im the first to say I just love the DP/BLK. Its so cool how it changes color in dif lighting.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
I guess there's no popular or nicest color combo for the Athens Blue huh? But I do have to say that Black/Stone is a nice classy combo...but you can't go wrong with Black/Black

Old 04-04-2005, 10:29 PM
black, lakeshore, IP, and athen's blue are my favorites ... i would have gotten a DG, because it's a really nice color, but 3 out of every 4 coupes i see are DG (and living in so cal, i see a lot) and it's become too common to be an eye grabbing color.

i was put in a situation where i was forced to get a black on black, even though I wanted an IP because i had heard it was much easier to maintain. but looking at it now, i have no regrets. black is just such a ridiculously good looking color for a car designed and shaped like this.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
And here you are saying dont get a color that matches every other model on the road, red definitely does that my friend. To me the classiest colors for men who have sophistication are DG and BS. You can also add the classy black but thats about it. Holla Back
count the number of cars you see that are red on the road, then count the number of charcoal grays (DG whatever) you see these days it's EVERYWHERE. little civics, big tahoes, even mini-vans. the color is in clothes, on computers, electronics, the list goes on and on...even this webpage! you can never go wrong in a sports car with red, black, and blue. white is very nice on the G35, i think so too. these are colors that have been in manufacturer's palettes since the beginning of time. "classy and sophisticated" do not equal DG. trendy and popular is what you really mean. class and sophistication is about behavior and attitude, not the color of your car. an a**hole is never described as classy and sophisticated no matter how nice he is dressed and how fashionable his wardrobe is, lol. class and sophistication is behavior, attitude, and state of mind

do you *really* think in 10 years that diamond graphite is still going to be as popular and in every manufacturer's palette? it's a fad i'm telling you, lol! there are always "in" colors for everything, be it clothes, cars, houses, even corporate cubicles. diamond graphite is the perfect example imo of "what's in this season!" look, i'm not knocking your choice of color, i happen to like diamond graphite, just like everyone else these days! there's a reason why you see so many of them in dealership inventories.

think about classic car shows where they restore classics to pristine condition. when did diamond graphite start showing up on the floors? within the last few years. your classic colors will *always* be there on the floor...starting with the Model T..."which you could get in any color, as long as it was black" lol! can you honestly tell me you think DG will stand the test of time? i compare DG's future a lot to British Racing Green - yes, awesome color, some might say classy and sophisticated, but you don't see it often anymore...why not?

Last edited by dropshadow; 04-05-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Black Obsidian / Stone - It manages to be sick and classy at the same time >=)
I would have had a VERY tough choice if TB/stone or willow were offered in the 05s though... beautiful.

I have to agree with Nicholas on the CB though. There's a reason that color was dropped.. ick

--Viral

Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 PM
IP/Graphite used to be my fav...but now I'm leaning towards the Lakeshore Slate with Graphite if offered, Stone if not....I own a BS/Graphite.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
DG/Stone no doubt da best

Attached Thumbnails most popular / nicest color combo for g35-car-009.jpg  
Old 04-05-2005, 12:18 PM
i have never seen stone in person but i always figured it to be a grey color. from these pics, it seems more of a light tan, can anyone confirm this? anyone have side by side shots of black, stone, wheat together?

Old 04-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks guys!

Personally, I like the look of Lakeshore Slate with stone interior. It's classy and sleek and not everyone and their mother's have it! It too changes colors and becomes purplish, grayish or more blueish (sp?) at times.

But I have to say thanks to you guys who keep picking Gray, white and black. Those are all nice colors, but it's just nice to live in So Cal and not see everyone driving around with your same exact color!

Attached Thumbnails most popular / nicest color combo for g35-dsc01173.jpg  
Old 04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Ivory Pearl and Red...oh wait, they dont make Red interior...BUT I WILL HAVE IT SOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

JDM all deeee way!

Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Taktix1
i have never seen stone in person but i always figured it to be a grey color. from these pics, it seems more of a light tan, can anyone confirm this? anyone have side by side shots of black, stone, wheat together?
No, stone is definitely grey. My pic is a little misleading since I took it at dusk and the evening sun was pouring into the car giving everything an orange/tan hue. It's a very nice two tone (grey/black) color. Go see one in person...

--Viral

Old 04-09-2005, 06:08 PM
IP/Graphite

Old 04-09-2005, 06:15 PM
wow somebody actually said BS--sweet!
haha, i got it cause it was a great deal, not my fav. but nice to see that somebody likes it.

Old 04-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Gangster Member
BLK On BLK The True G Color

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: most popular / nicest color combo for g35