G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

LOOK OUT for NEW TSB on 03-04 6MT's...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation UPDATED: LOOK OUT for NEW TSB on 03-04 6MT's...

This is an update on one of my earlier posts...

I took my 03 6MT coupe into the dealership this morning because my clutch was getting tighter and making squeaky noises when pushing the clutch in (and letting it out). This is the second time in a month I took my G in for this problem, though this time I took the G to Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys, California (BEWARE OF PARKWAY INFINITI IN VALENCIA, CALI.) Unlike Parkway, these guys actually cared and wanted the mechanic to go on a test drive so I could show him the problem. I've had a few other shops look at the G and they said it was most likely the Master Cylinder. I advised the mechanic that in the morning the problem isnt as noticeable, but as the G warms up the problem seems to get worse.

So we drove around for 5 minutes and he thought I was refering to the slight clutch chatter. I was a little fustrated because he said everything was fine and he didnt notice anything wrong. When we got back to the dealership, he parked the G and turned it off. I told him to open the door and push in the clutch so he could hear the noise before he left. As soon as he heard the noise he said there was obviuosly something wong. He then agreed that it could be the Master Cylinder. The rep and the mechanic talked for a few minutes and then checked the TSB's on the computer. The rep told me that the G would probably need to stay at the dealership for a couple days, and since I've never been to their dealership, they didnt have anymore loaner cars available (Even though I asked for one on the phone). So he insisted on rescheduling the appointment a week from now so they can get me a loaner G and order parts...

To make a long story short, we rescheduled the appointment to next tuesday. The rep also notified me that he just read a report that a TSB will probably be put out soon on this issue. Here's the real shocker, he then said that next week they may need to replace my...MASTER CYLINDER, THROW OUT BARING, AND POSSIBLY MY TRANNY!!! WHAT THE HELL! I didnt think the problem was that bad! But if they want to replace it, I wont stop them! Just fix this annoying problem...

I'll update this post next week...

Last edited by BBG35; 04-14-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:08 PM
first year cars are bound to have problems . its the price we pay sometimes... just be grateful they are willing to help... and if they replace everything EVEN BETTER ! not to mention new clutch and pressure plate

let us know how you make out !

ppp

Old 04-05-2005, 06:00 PM
wow, i hope i dont run into that problem!

Old 04-05-2005, 06:18 PM
ya im starting to expierience a weird feeling in my clutch i hope its not the same problom i have an 04 G so if thats the problom its gonna suck!

although maybe thell put the 05 clutch and tranny in my car lol

Old 04-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BBG35 - How many miles are you at on the '03 G ????

Old 04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
first year cars are bound to have problems . its the price we pay sometimes... just be grateful they are willing to help... and if they replace everything EVEN BETTER ! not to mention new clutch and pressure plate

let us know how you make out !

ppp
be grateful for willing to help?? they're supposed to help, better yet, make the problem obsolete. but i guess u're sorta right knowing how infiniti is a PITA to deal with when having problems.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by z_with_back_seat
BBG35 - How many miles are you at on the '03 G ????

Just a little over 30K...

Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 PM
i've got the same squeaky clutch pedal.
dumb ****** at Santa Monica said it was nothing.
their loss i guess, they could have done a tranny, clutch and throwout bearing swap and sent the bill to infiniti.

But then again, these are the same dimwits that accused a Z-tube for a vaccuum leak, saying the Z-tube is aftermarket.

If this turns out to be a recall or a TSB, i'll be more than happy to trade in my coupe for a few days and take out an 05 sedan to beat on while they replace my tranny.

Of course, my rims will be taken off prior to sending it in for work.
Can't trust the techs at infiniti. They might know a thing or two about the cars, but sure as hell don't know how to drive em properly.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey buddy...did you happen to talk to a fat woman at the service dept. at Parkway? That b**ch gave me the biggest damn attitude when I tried to explain that my break pads feel like they're wearing down. She said it would be 28 bucks JUST TO INSPECT. I asked why, she said "If its a problem, the warrenty will cover it and you wont have to pay the $28." I said HORSE CRAP and just as I was about to leave she said oh I guess we dont charge for that sorry....Psh....if it wasnt for the dealer insentives I would take my car to Miller as well.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Miller Van Nuys are good people (service NOT sales), talk to Rick, he'll take care of you if you have ANY problems.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Gangster Member
I think i have the same problem with my 05, how extacly does it sound?

Old 04-06-2005, 03:23 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MEECHIN
...Of course, my rims will be taken off prior to sending it in for work. Can't trust the techs at infiniti. They might know a thing or two about the cars, but sure as hell don't know how to drive em properly.
F*ckers chipped my rim! I can't prove it either.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:27 AM
i think i'm having this problem too. i think my trans is whinning to when in idle. i dunno. where do you go to look for these TSB? anyone got a link?

Old 04-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Old 04-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Premier Member

Thanks Jayco!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LOOK OUT for NEW TSB on 03-04 6MT's...