G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Indecision; G vs. Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2003 | 06:05 PM
Re: Indecision; G vs. Z

Yeah that's funny COUPE my dealer will only give out a loaner for repairs or extended servicing above two hours. I'm not likin these So Cal dealers so far. All I can so though is that they have still treated me better than at 90% of the nissan's dealerships I went to when I was lookin at the 350z. Grrrrr.. [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 05-21-2003 | 06:18 PM

Yeah.. when my CD player jammed, they wouldn't give me a loaner while they swapped it out. I was rather irked. I was told when I bought the car that there would be no loaner for oil changes, but yes for any warranty work. Then I need warranty work, and they say, "it'll only take 45 minutes, you don't get a loaner."

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-21-2003 | 06:26 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Not sure about there in the US of A bro, but up here in Canuck-land all Coupes come with LSD.
*Peace* [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-21-2003 | 06:53 PM

In the US, the LSD is part of the "Performance Tire and Wheel Package" according to Infiniti's website -- though I've also heard rumor that even then, you can only get the LSD with the 6MT (I think they may just be confused, as that package is simply standard on the 6MT).

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-21-2003 | 11:10 PM

Get the G! You may need the extra seats....

G35C 6MT CB Willow Aero Prem

Old 05-24-2003 | 04:11 PM

I have the 6mt Coupe. I have been a Nissan fanatic for 20 years (Datsun). The only thing that kept me out of the "Z" was the lack of a rear seat and luggage area....period!!!!

Growler

Old 05-24-2003 | 05:09 PM

I was gonna get a black on burnt orange z ...because it was gonna match the brembos... but nope .. no brembos...sure aftermarket but hey ..then my girl says ...its a nissan!!!!...
I was like .... hmmmmm.. yah ..chicks see it that way.

I looked closer at the G and my girl was like wow.....INFINITI... and like others maybe here ... I'm a sucker for namebrands ...thats why I bought a Rolex .... not a Fossil

yah baby ... I'm a sucker !

jokes ... The g is a better buy all around, all over, from this reason to that one ... hands down. PERIOD

Old 05-25-2003 | 10:29 AM

I've been driving a 2002 V6 altima since last June and that played a big role into why I stepped up to infiniti. Having to pay for scheduled maintenance, having to call up your friends for rides to the Nissan dealership, the kick a@@ Infiniti warranty vs Nissan, and man do the Infiniti people treat you like gods when you're there.

Old 05-25-2003 | 02:24 PM
G SQUAD

They don't all treat you like gods! If they did then I probably wouldnt have backed out of my order. I did however receieve proper treatment from the dealer that I ended up purchasing the car from. I'm 22 so when I walked into the dealership here on Long Island all of the sales people were more concerned with helping parents pick out cars for their kids then me buying a new car on the spot. Oh well their loss.

Old 05-25-2003 | 06:19 PM

Screw em. You could have been some kinda million dollar baller...I hate salesman!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 05-25-2003 | 08:01 PM
Omi
Charter Monkey Florida G35 club

I was in the same boat you were and one drive from the G35 changed my mind. Also, my insurance was going to go up on the 350 as they classify it as a sports car, but they do not classify the G that way (go figure). And then there is the extra warranty

Old 05-25-2003 | 09:40 PM
From: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

"build" a coupe on either dot com or dot see eh, and you will find the base coupe does not have an LSD. Everything beyond base, does in fact have an LSD.

DB

Old 05-26-2003 | 03:46 PM

Well to be honest you have to drive both cars.

I saw a sweet black G35 here in NJ. It was a 5AT. We played around in the triple digits heading weest on 280 in NJ last week. I normally find the G35 kinda plain looking in the tan and silver colors...but this black one looked NIIICHE. Much props.
Either way, I think the G looks great from the back and the front. However, the side profile kinda leaves me thinking "meh". While I love the aggressive *** end and front of the Z as well....it's the side profile that gets me going. Looks like a bullet.

IMO the G is a little more cush on the inside as it should be. However, my 6'3" 250 frame has NO complaintswith my Z interior. Its a simple design but still high quality.

If youu're gonna buy a car for the marque - at least get a porsche or bmw. Its only us idiot americans that actually can percieve a diff btw "nissan and infiniti" Dude...tell your girl your V35 skylin is a nissan in the rest of the world - and see if she dumps you hehe!

Either way, the suspensions are similar...until you look under the cars. The Z has several suspension points which are beefed up, additional chassis crossmembers, slightly stiffer spring rates, tighter dampeners...and the oh so trick CF driveshaft.

If this sort of thing makes you go ?????....then the G is the car for you!

Either way, you cant go wrong.

Old 05-27-2003 | 05:32 PM

Edmunds.com has a nice article on a regular guy driving the Z for a month in their "long term driving reviews."

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/niss...d.roadtest..2.

If that link doesn't work, just go to the main page, there's a banner link to the article. Basically, he sums it up that the Z is a great second car for weekend fun driving, but for better all-around driving get the Coupe.

Hope that helps,
Shelley

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Indecision; G vs. Z