G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Indecision; G vs. Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Indecision; G vs. Z

From what I've read I think I got a pretty clear idea of what car you're gonna get....LOL Good luck with your future Z. Right now I'm in a co-worker's Z. We switch car's every other day or so...lol Because we like each other's cars hehehe... Either or I like both rides. No problems with either or =) Once again good luck!!

Old 05-21-2003, 01:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The suspension I believe is similar on both cars but a little more comfortable on the G, probably the extra 200lbs.
LSD on all G-coupes
Aluminum hood is fine. Carbon Firbre not worth the $$$$
No more issues with the G M/T's than the Z's.
Stalling problem sounds like the issue Injen had recently with their new CAI. I believe it's rectified now tho.
Don't know of window issues on the Z but heard of only a few on the G that had a problem with the last 1/4 inch when door closed.
Both cars are nice but I love my G. And the warranty is better on the G (4 yrs) as opposed to 3 on the Z.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Montgomery's Finest

The z is a great car but the g is better
Just look at the interior how much space is in the g and with the i feel alot more comfortable ..
Speed is not a issue the pretty are the exact 1/4mile time so it is what ever suits you..

Old 05-21-2003, 01:38 PM

Do you have a family?

Simply put, The G is a 2 + 2 'luxurious' Z. Both of the exteriors are definately nice though, it's your call.

-Blk/Blk G35c

Old 05-21-2003, 02:45 PM

You can't go wrong with either.I love my Z and many on this board love their G's.Just stay away from the ugly RX8.

2003.5 G35 Sedan
2002 Accord V6 Coupe
2003 350Z

Old 05-21-2003, 02:48 PM

I never even looked at the Z when i bough my G. 2 weeks ago when I was getting my complimentary oil change from Infiniti i walked over to the Nissan dealership to take a look at the Z. Well ... I havent missed anything. The interior is poor and cheap in comparison to the G's, very small. The exterior does look nice. All in all I am glad I got the G and didnt even waste time to look at the Z while shopping for the new car.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:35 PM

When you take your car in for service, even oil changes, Would you like to have a Nice G35 Sedan Loaner Car? If Yes, Then go with the GCoupe. If you like public transportation, relying on friends and family to pick up and drop you off, or a courtesy shuttle...go with the Z. That was my main decidieng factor, that and the sunroof, better appointed interior, backseat (for when ya do)..and just the Infiniti Badge..not to mention that I love skylines..and just to think that I own a detuned, n/a car that in a far off land is called a "Skyline"...I had to get it. We have Z's here..But no Skylines. Till now.

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 05-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get a loaner for oil changes. I only get free bagels and coffee.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering the name of this site is G35 DRIVER. It may be hard to get an unbiased opinion.

As stated above, with the G you will get a better warranty, loaner car for repairs, a back seat and a larger (nicer) interior. Everything else is just a matter of your personal opinion.

Old 05-21-2003, 04:41 PM

A loaner for repairs that require 2 hours of labor or more.

Unless your particular dealer gives you extra perks.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-21-2003, 04:46 PM

it's a difficult decision, but really depends on your priorities.. the Z and G have so many great qualities... personally, space and service mean a lot to me.. the Z would be great because it's such a beautiful car but so is the G.. so, practically speaking, weighing the good/bad for each.. the G just has more "good" associated with it.. basically extra features you may not think about but may want in the future.. good luck in deciding.. you won't be making a mistake with either of them, IMO.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 05-21-2003, 05:27 PM

Both cars are winners! It's such a close call, that based on your preference for the Z's styling alone, I'd say just go with that one. Plus, there may be better availability on the Z, especially if you want a manual tranny.

For me, here were the factors that tipped it in the G's favor:

- available glass sunroof
- back seatlets
- more overall luggage space for weekend getaways for 2
- I <font color=red>love</font color=red> that gorgeous G styling!
- didn't personally care as much for the Z's styling

Those factors made it easy for me, so you likewise just have to decide what's most important to you. Good luck with your decision.

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 05-21-2003, 05:47 PM

Really Ryoken? I didn't know that..They give me loaner cars for anything I get done..even oil changes...Maybe My dealer is just giving me some extra perks,,or maybe they are just nicer and have a better service approach. Every dealer is individually owned and operated, Like a franchise. But more liberally detached from the manufacturer. However, my family has spent a few hundred G's at our particular dealership, so that might have something to do with it. Its a Mercedes/Infinit Dealership so....Hot Doggity...
Keep On Keepin On!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 05-21-2003, 06:02 PM

Hey GSEDANMAN, I thought only the 6MT's with the sport package came with the LSD? For GTORRES44 I would go with the G man. I mean your gonna get a biased opinion here but it depends on your priorities. I think the G is much more liveable sports coupe. I checked out both first and feel that if you get the 6MT G35 it's a much better value. You get all the stuff on the track edition 350z plus better interior, moonroof, and a back seat. Believe it or not that 2 + 2 will actually effect your insurance rate too. I got a higher quote for the 350z track then for my G35 6MT. I think it's because the 350z is a 2 seater. Also the interior in the z is just a little cheap looking as well. Also from what I've seen they have "almost" the same performacen specs. One of the things I can say even though it's blasphemy here is that I like the 350z exterior just alittle more than the G. Also the 350z comes with focussed beam HID's instead of the reflector type like the G35. Just some of my thoughts, the main thing for me again was the value and quality of the over all package, the G had it for me. Peace. [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Indecision; G vs. Z