G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Clear Bra for G? And break-in methods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra for G? And break-in methods?

Will be picking up my G tomorrow. Thinking about getting clear bra to protect the front. Does anyone know a good installer in No. Calif.? And what the cost will be?

Would also appreciate ideas about how to break-in my G35 6MT. Have seen people say it's better to break-in slow and easy, but also have seen thoughts of not "babying" it.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
There are two installers I know of in NorCal, one goes by the screenname of "Wil" on these boards. I got my clearbra from Mariano: http://www.clearprotectionproducts.com/

Old 04-12-2005, 01:59 PM
If i could ever give you any advice it'd be to get the clear bra. its a little pricey but i have not regretted getting it. The paint on the coupe is less than desirable, and especially if you drive alot you'll get paint chips galore. I got 1 little chip in the hood like the day after i bought it and decided that was enough for me. Sorry I'm no where near Cali, but just wanted to encourage you to get that.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
For the best break-in method, read your owners manual. For about a ba-zillion alternate methods not recommended by the people that engineered your car, use the search feature here.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Z2G
for our coupes, getting the clearbra is a must (unless you don't mind a ton of paint chips on the front bumper). i just had it done by jeremy: invisiguard@sbcglobal.net. he normally charges about $590 for the coupe and he comes to your place to install it. if you talk to him, you may be able to haggle the price a bit. i was able to get a bit off because he was already in the neighborhood for another install.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:22 PM
feel free to give us a call if interested in our svcs: 510-390-6920

Old 04-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
if you do a lot of freeway driving then you should get it.. otherwise i don't think it's really necessary.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by wil
feel free to give us a call if interested in our svcs: 510-390-6920
Where are you located? What is the price for a G35coupe?

Old 04-13-2005, 08:56 AM
any idea where a guy could get one in Tulsa, Okla??

Old 04-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
For some installers, check out www.xpel.com

Clear Bra is definitely recommended. Unfortunately though, it doesn't help when a f*cking big rig cuts in front of you and little pebbles come flying out of his cargo and hit your windshield. Grrrrrr

Old 04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Rno
Originally Posted by P_Diddy
For some installers, check out www.xpel.com

Clear Bra is definitely recommended. Unfortunately though, it doesn't help when a f*cking big rig cuts in front of you and little pebbles come flying out of his cargo and hit your windshield. Grrrrrr
So I am guessing you used one of their distributor ... ? How much did it cost you ?

--Rno

'05 6MT Black (ETA 05/05/05 !!)

Old 04-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
For the best break-in method, read your owners manual. For about a ba-zillion alternate methods not recommended by the people that engineered your car, use the search feature here.

You know, I am not claiming that my thoughts on break in are the absolute truth from above, however, I will also say that the owners manual is not the absolute truth either.

I would recommend doing your own research and not trusting most things you read on the internet, or at least not completely trusting them. By the same token, I would also not necessarily trust everything you read in the owners manual.

But hey, it's your car, do what you want with it.

Dave

Old 04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by caelric
... By the same token, I would also not necessarily trust everything you read in the owners manual.
Do you have any basis whatsoever for even suggesting that the designers and builders of a mass-produced gasoline engine don't know how the engine should be best broken in?

Old 04-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by SaltiDawg
Do you have any basis whatsoever for even suggesting that the designers and builders of a mass-produced gasoline engine don't know how the engine should be best broken in?

Do you have any basis whatsoever for making foolish comments?

Maybe if you thought about it a bit, you might realize that the makers of a mass-produced engine just might not know everything, or might not be interested in providing all the information to a consumer.

It's called a cost-benefit analysis. Think about it this way: if a high flow filter from K&N actually does make some extra horsepower (which it does on some cars, not on others), why wouldn't they include a K&N high flow filter on every car? Here's why: it costs more. Maybe 10 cents more, maybe 5 dollars more. Either way, multiplied by 10,000 cars sold, 10 cents comes out to a good bit of extra profit. So profit is the big money maker here. No pun intended.

Anyways, as I said, do your own research. Don't trust any one person you read on the internet... Hell, don't trust 50 people you read on the internet.

Dave

Old 04-13-2005, 04:13 PM
marfong, pm sent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra for G? And break-in methods?