G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g35 vs bmw 3 series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2005 | 06:47 PM
|
the bmw restyling is only for the sedans. as of yet the coupes remain unchanged but will probably see a major restyle in 2007? and the deciding factor of the two would have to be the drive. will make time to test drive both soon.

Old 04-13-2005 | 08:35 PM
Took on 3 of them on the road coarse @ VIR (track coarse in VA) and lapped 2 of them and never saw the other until he spun so the G will hold its own on the track against them!!

Old 04-13-2005 | 09:08 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
Oh, and no stock M3 is gonna put 290 rwhp to the ground. That's 13% drivetrain loss. BMWs are efficient, but not that efficient! Based on my old E46, I'd say they're about 16%. So 279 rwhp is more realistic and when compared to the strongest G35 at 260, it's not so far off. Gearing would still be in the M3s favor.

G's will not put 260rwhp...I know you saw ONE guy who did it, but something was really messed up about that, they will not put that much power down stock.

Old 04-13-2005 | 11:14 PM
EZZ
Originally Posted by ChazM
G's will not put 260rwhp...I know you saw ONE guy who did it, but something was really messed up about that, they will not put that much power down stock.
He means the 260rwhp was modded. Read the earlier posts and you'll see. I believe that is the highest hp n/a g35 i've seen yet

Old 04-13-2005 | 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by EZZ
He means the 260rwhp was modded. Read the earlier posts and you'll see. I believe that is the highest hp n/a g35 i've seen yet

Thanks EZZ,

You guys need to realize that in the realm of NA mods, we are children. The highest rated NA Z I've know of is knocking on 300 rwhp. Haven't seen a G that high, but then again the Z crowd is more mod-hungry.

Old 04-14-2005 | 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by wezman
you can get a 330xi in manual transmission, with teh G35x you are stuck with the automatic. (and manumatic doesnt count)
and 4 doors....coupes are sexier...

Old 04-14-2005 | 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by mimmitt
My post was done in haste, I apologize. I wasn't bragging about owning an M3, simply saying that if you haven't actually lived with one for awhile you may think that it is just a car that is .7 sec faster than the G - which to some doesn't sound like a huge difference.

Regardless, I sold the M to get a G35 and am very happy with my decision. I like the Vette as well...
Thanks I apologize as well for being an *** but I'm not a big fan of the M3. I know that a lot of people thinks it's the world but IMO there's much better cars you can buy with that money. My friend has a shop and he fixes them all the time so I know that these cars electronically spoil faster than milk (exaggerating of course). What model M3 did you own? Good choice on the G. Although there's a lot of things about the G that I hate. One being I've had my car at the dealers to fix little things that never happened in my Honda Civic. It's ridiculous sometimes. Oh, but .7 sec in the race world is a pretty big difference ...especially after watching some of the WRC events. Plus my friend had told me the story about how he got smoked by a chick in a new M3 in his EVO.

All comes down to it again - G is better bang for the buck.

Old 04-14-2005 | 12:55 PM
Evil Bastard
I was in the exact same situation.

330ci, or G35?

My personal opinions in the decision making process(YMMV):

I can get a new G35 for the price of a 1 yr old certified 330ci (in good condition).

Styling goes to G35 as a sporty + luxury exterior. The 330ci stylign is nice, but looks like a loaf of bread when compared to the lines of the G35.

Engineering goes to BMW. The VQ is a great engine, but the bimmer makes due with much less HP, is lighter, and yet the ride quality and handling are better. Stiffness does not equal good handling. Balance does, and the bmw has plenty of that.

I used to own a Cooper S, so I liked the idea of not having a car that you see in abundance (I'm in an area where there arent a whole lot of mini's, but plenty of 3-series). My G35 doesnt turn as many heads as the mini did, but the bmw would've turn as many heads as my old corolla.

And the rest, I didn't really care about.

BTW: almost all certified status cars have a 100k mile warranty, even if they only have 6k miles on it, and the warranty is extended to usually double the original warranty. If I could've bought a certified G35c, I would've.

Old 04-14-2005 | 01:18 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
The reliability of a G is much higher than that of the BMW.

Consumer Reports ranks Infiniti at the top.

The only BMW they recommend is the 3 series and that is still with only an average reliability rating.

Old 04-14-2005 | 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by dropshadow
your girlfriend is being lied to, or they are selling her an extended warranty. you better go have a talk with her...seriously. better yet, you go to the salesman, and get the details straight. no car has a 100k warranty - maybe powertrain, maybe against rust corrosion, but better get the details straight before she writes a check!
Actually there Not. BMW CPO's Come with either the balance of the Standard Warranty or most have the Extened one which is good for 6 years on the initial purschase date or 100K.

Old 04-14-2005 | 06:05 PM
I saw almost about 15 G35 Coupes while I was driving today. Wait a little more while, you will see a G35 as common as you see a 330.

Old 04-14-2005 | 07:19 PM
From what ive heard the bmw's have mayor electrical issues, about 70% of people i talked to on forums have told me that they do, i think the 35 is sexier, and with that 10k you save, you can make your car blow a 330 out in every which way possible.

Old 04-14-2005 | 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by mbq62
Thanks I apologize as well for being an *** but I'm not a big fan of the M3. I know that a lot of people thinks it's the world but IMO there's much better cars you can buy with that money. My friend has a shop and he fixes them all the time so I know that these cars electronically spoil faster than milk (exaggerating of course). What model M3 did you own? Good choice on the G. Although there's a lot of things about the G that I hate. One being I've had my car at the dealers to fix little things that never happened in my Honda Civic. It's ridiculous sometimes. Oh, but .7 sec in the race world is a pretty big difference ...especially after watching some of the WRC events. Plus my friend had told me the story about how he got smoked by a chick in a new M3 in his EVO.

Maybe they should stamp expiration dates on M3 like milk now.

Old 04-14-2005 | 08:57 PM
WRAH
I love how people come to a G35 forum and agrue about what car is better!

Old 04-14-2005 | 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by mbq62

I had an e46 M3 coupe. The s54 engine is very scary from a reliability standpoint. After 2 recalls on the rod/bearings and with warranty expiration approaching...I knew what I had to do. My first 2 cars were a Prelude and an Integra GSR so I came from the world of very minor, if any problems. I certainly agree that there are some fine choices in the M3's price range, and I would love to own a Vette myself - but I think that I'm going to just cool it for awhile on cars and be very happy with my G35.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 vs bmw 3 series