G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tint Experts!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depends on how dark you go as well.....the darker you go w/ a metallic film, the greater the risk of wireless signal distortion.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
Unless you are planning on tinting the front windshield you shouldn't have a problem with the NAV system as the antenna is located in the front dash somewhere around between the steering wheel and the HVAC display.
are you sure about this? can anyone else confirm this or that they have metallic tint and their navigation still functions normally?

Old 04-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by erockoneskee
are you sure about this? can anyone else confirm this or that they have metallic tint and their navigation still functions normally?

Its not hard to stay away from metallic based tints....its not like the appearance of metallic vs non metallic is different...geez people.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:11 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by erockoneskee

It wont affect the Nav as that is up on the front windshield. I got 20% Madico performance tint which I believe is actually two layers of metallic tint and it works fine. Radio (am and fm) work fine too.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Its not hard to stay away from metallic based tints....its not like the appearance of metallic vs non metallic is different...geez people.
well, metallic tints have a lot better heat reduction, resistance to color fading, and generally look better than dye-based films... so, yeah, it kinda is hard to stay away.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by g8tor20
It wont affect the Nav as that is up on the front windshield. I got 20% Madico performance tint which I believe is actually two layers of metallic tint and it works fine. Radio (am and fm) work fine too.
thanks for confirming this. do you have 20% on all 5 windows?

Old 04-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
I know that this is not the answer that you are wanting to hear, but I went with the Huper and LOVE IT!

Old 04-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Does metallic paint effect cell phones reception as well?

Old 04-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Actually, the non-metallic tints (aka dyed tints), tend to turn purple over time.

But anyways, I think all the stories about poor reception etc, are just bs and hearsay. All my cars have 30% metallic tints all around. My cell phone works fine. All my navigation units work fine. My radios still get good reception. And my V1 radar detector still works fine in all my cars. And my rear window defrosters still work fine.

FWIW, I've had 2 cars with Solar Guard and 2 with Suntek tints. Supposedly Suntek is one of the thickest tints out there, so it resists scratches the best... At least that's what the owner of the shop told me.

One of my friends has metallic limo tints on his car, and his stuff works fine too. He doesn't have navi tho, but I don't see why that wouldn't work, as my hand-held garmin worked fine in his car.

Last edited by avs007; 04-16-2005 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
Between those two ?

- I would go with Huper...
No need to dig any further for responses...The answer was in the 1st response to your post...Get Huper Optik!

Old 04-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got Llumar Non-metallic all around...and I'm not worried about fading, bubbling, peeling, etc because Llumar has a comprehensive warranty for anything and everything that can go wrong with your tint. You can even take it to ANY Lumar dealer in the nation to fix it free under warranty, not just the guys you got it installed at. I can't speak for other brands...

Old 05-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Question LLumar Tint

For you guys that have LLumar, which one did you get: LLumar Auto Spec Sheet ?

I was thinking Stealth ATR 30 (heavy metal) or ATR 30 High Performance (dyed/metal) all around, but the local tint shop gave me the same story about the AM radio and GPS not working.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:42 AM
City that Never Sleeps
[QUOTE=Gee Im Fast]I got Llumar Non-metallic all around...and I'm not worried about fading, bubbling, peeling, etc because Llumar has a comprehensive warranty for anything and everything that can go wrong with your tint. You can even take it to ANY Lumar dealer in the nation to fix it free under warranty, not just the guys you got it installed at. I can't speak for other brands...[/QUOT

I got the same...I love it...

Old 05-16-2005, 10:38 PM
RE: Huper... pro installers RUN from that stuff. In order to heat shrink it to the window (how tints are installed) you have to heat it longer than normal film and if you rush it f's it all up. The material is uber expensive and so no one wants to stock it on top of that.

Here's something to think about... I live in the Chicago burbs... in Illinois, the ONLY single one and ONLY huper delaer is down state - 270 miles south of me! WTF!? If it's THAT good, why is it not available anywhere.

Go visit tinting pro's forums and read up on it. It's too much money, too hard to install, too easy to make look bad.

Don't get me wrong - I'd really love to get it and have it done right, but I'm not willing to pay 350+ for tint and have to drive 4 hours to get it.

Peet

P.S. If someone is here from chicago area and can prove me wrong PLEASE do so, i'd really want to get some.