Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about how repairable it is but i'm sorry for your loss

Old 04-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey! Thaz not cool!

Hope it doesn't cost too much for the repair. And that you can get it done soon.

Later,

Ray

Old 04-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Never enough
Trust me its going to cost you more to fix it then to get a new one. I would contact 350zforums a sponsor on this site and buy a knock off. I painted the real one a couple weeks ago. I had it on a bumper stand and just pulled it out of the booth. I went to mix up some paint for another car when I heard BOOM! Went to check out what it was when I saw my bumper on the ground. The wind had blown it over. I thought it wasnt that bad si I fixed the spider cracks and such. I was just about done when I noticed a TON of spider cracks ALL over! The bumper is like a egg shell. When it takes a hit it causes damage to the whole bumper. I got mine fixed but I had about eight hours into it. X that by 60.00 a hour, plus paint, primer.

Old 04-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Never enough
Yeah it was just a idea. His insurance will pay.

Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned
Sorry about the G.

Old 04-17-2005, 06:07 PM
if it's fiberglass, then he should be able to fix it.......no reason why the other party's insurance wouldn't pay for it......it is after all their fault.

Old 04-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Never enough
Yep it is glass, BUT you will have to add kittyhair on the inside plus resin. This will in turn cause the the glass that on the Kenstyle to heat up. This will cause it to suck in. Then you will have to sand the whole part and glaze the whole bumper. With all this time spent I think its just better to buy a new one. Ive made parts from glass and have done a lot of repairs and trust when I say it will be a job! Just keep after his insurance company. They HAVE to fix it, doesnt matter what mods you have. You still have your bumper support and thats all that matters.

Old 04-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by HomieG35
His insurance is State Farm if that helps...Anyone ever dealed with this company while having an aftermarket part injured? He was a 30-something year old man, he didn't seem to know what the car was and also didn't seem to care...He just gave me all his info, wished me the best and to stay intouch...very friendly and calm...Didn't even take down my name, number, or anything...
ok...I am a service writer for a collision center...I handle the St.Farm account there....I can tell you that you couldn't be luckier in respects to the insurance company of the party that hit you....St.Farm is one of, if not the, best insurance companies out there as far as claims go....secondly, the bumper is not repairable...too many cracks and it's fiberglass, which is two or three times the amount of labor to repair than a regular plastic cover....they will buy you a new bumper.....you will probably have to do a little legwork and tell the shop where to buy the bumper, but no problem there, right? The other thing is, go with one of their "Service First" shops....those are shops that are on a direct billing system with St.Farm and the service writer does the job of the adjuster as far as estimating goes....also, a service first shop will give you a lifetime warranty on the repairs, paint included....You might take with you a couple printouts of a couple diff websites where the shop can buy the bumper you had on your car....don't forget your rental when talking with St.Farm too....they will pay for that as well.....a little annoying, but it can be as painless as possible with St.Farm....good luck...and those were great photos of the damage, btw...

Old 04-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Sorry about that. Poor bumper. From AustnMike's comment, you'll have no problem replacing it with his insurance. Good luck.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:56 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yes, i had a veilside on my MR2 a few years ago. Somebody backed up into my front bumper and destroyed it. He was insured by State Farm, they sent an adjuster to my house and he asked me to give him a print out or a website of where that bumper could be found online. I found the most expensive site i could find and gave him the link for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *Kenstyle Kit Rearended!!! Pictures!!!