G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wife's G after her accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah...about the whole cell phone witness...you need to get that person's info...you guys could have a great negligence case...and potentially get your new G paid for completely among other things...

Old 04-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Well I was looking through some more pics of the car and I realized that the seat and console are also messed up. It is really subtle damage, but still that will add cost. Here is a pic of the airbags and another looking straight down on the console and drivers seat.

Oh and don't worry, I have the witness information. I am not too worried about fault here, the officer's were telling me on scene it was not our fault and just contact her insurance to take it from there.

You can tell in the bottom of this pic the console is moved sideways and the seat is crammed into the console.

Last edited by kbmuddyz; 04-20-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by kbmuddyz
Well I was looking through some more pics of the car and I realized that the seat and console are also messed up. It is really subtle damage, but still that will add cost. Here is a pic of the airbags and another looking straight down on the console and drivers seat.

You can tell in the bottom of this pic the console is moved sideways and the seat is crammed into the console.

now I am of the opinion that it will total....the seat bag deployed which means probable seat damage, the console thing...the seat itself near the mounts, maybe the floor where it mounts....thousands of dollars on the bags alone....and sensors for them....thousands on the interior trim if the seat, headliner, console, pillar trims, etc are all damaged....let us know when you find out...interested in what the final estimate ($ amount) may be....

Old 04-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
With the seat......pushed over like that........that frame should be bent. Look at the flooring to see if its deformed, if the sunroof opens smoothly, gaps in body panels..etc. Those are some easy indicaters of frame damage and along with the cost of airbag replacements......costly to repair and you could also claim that it is now unsafe.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:50 AM
mrb
damn!

Well I don't live far from where this took place and I know how common Plano accidents are. Glad to hear your lady is OK, that is the most important part. Get her a new G with all the bells and whistles, she'll be OK after a few months and back to normal. I know living here, if the cops told you what they did at the scene, you have nothing to worry about. I can't stand Plano due to the grid of streets, I hate driving through there, never feel safe due to all the accidents.

Old 04-20-2005, 02:23 AM
Gangster Member
sorry to hear, hope your wife is ok

Old 04-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Glad do hear your wife is alright and doing ok despite her bruises. She will heal and everything will be good in due time. I just lost my good friend a couple of days ago due to a motorcycle accident with the SAME exact situation. 23 year old kid with a suspended license ran/rolled the stop sign with his pick up truck (going west) ramming the back of my friends bike (traveling south) who was going about 30mph.

Some things are just unavoidable and there's nothing you can do. You're wife tried her best; sadly my friend was on 2 wheels instead of 4.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Glad she is ok.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:06 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at first i thought it wasnt a complete loss, but airbags deploying is a sign of the car being totalled... but for a T-bone, im not sure

the G was a good car to get into an accident with, heaven forbid...
i'm glad your wife is alright!!!!!!!!!

i lost control in my 04 and went sideways in the freeway in the rain... walked away with airbag bruises and passenger walked away with not a scratch!

be safe.

btw, my car was considered a complete loss, front axle damage, both airbags deployed, left side damaged, frame(?) damage...
damages were around $30,000 if i remember correctly...

oh, i got an 05 less than 2 weeks after the accident. AWESOME CAR!

Attached Thumbnails Wife's G after her accident-dsc01143small.jpg  
Old 04-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Considering how many airbags these things have I'm suprised Inf owners don't float away like a hot air balloon after an accident. Certainly glad your wife is okay, man. Getting T-boned like that is no small affair, but it sure illustrates how well the "defense" system inside the car works.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Well thanks for the comments guys. Looks like it will be close to totaling it out but not a done deal just yet. Should know more in the next few days.

Wicked, sorry to hear about your loss. There is not much else one can say.

GRider the car looks very structuraly sound, even in a front end collision like yours. Again I am amazed at the safety of this car. The Toyota looked 10 times worse than your picture and it must have been a similar impact, maybe worse for you.

As you guys have said, I don't want this car, so even if it is not totalled, I will ante up the cash to buy a new one. Can anyone point me to a thread or post the info here where I can find out what is new on the 05 model compared to our 04 model?

Old 04-20-2005, 10:23 AM
At a Glance: 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan

The 2005 G35 continues to express Infiniti’s bold direction of combining leading-edge design and technology, driver-oriented performance and a long list of luxury amenities – with a number of significant enhancements for the new model year, including a restyled exterior, upgraded interior and additional horsepower. The G35x AWD model, introduced in December 2003, offers the sure-footed traction of all-wheel drive with the handling feel and quiet operation of a rear-wheel drive vehicle.

The exterior features include a new hood and trunk, new front and rear bumpers, body-colored side sills, revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights. The changes to the interior include a new, even higher quality look and feel with the use of real aluminum trim and new available Rosewood trim, along with a redesigned instrument panel and console area.

The G35’s standard 3.5-liter V6 engine offers an increase 20 horsepower and 10 lb-ft of torque for automatic transmission equipped models and 298 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque for the G35 6MT model with close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission.

Other changes include the addition of larger brake rotors and a revised Sport-Tuned Suspension Package (which now includes 18-inch wheels and tires and viscous limited-slip differential) and the addition of mp3 playback capability to the already standard 6-disc CD changer, manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel (with available power function) and available Infiniti Intelligent Key system.

The 2005 G35 is offered in three models: the G35, the G35x AWD and the G35 6MT. Highlights of the 2005 Infiniti G35 include:

Body
• Revised exterior, designed to convey sporty character and match vehicle’s dynamic performance
• New hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, side sills
• Revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights
• Aerodynamic design with 0.27 coefficient of drag and zero front lift (0.0 clf)
• Available rear spoiler resulting in 0.26 coefficient of drag and rear floor side fairing, producing zero lift front and rear
• Standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights with integrated fog lights, rear LED taillights
• Lightweight aluminum hood, standard heated outside mirrors
• Available sliding glass sunroof with tilt and one-touch open/close feature
• Eight available exterior colors, including new Lakeshore Slate and Serengeti Sand

Engine and Driveline
• 24-valve 3.5-liter DOHC V6 producing 280 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque
• Additional 20 horsepower for the G35 6M/T model (298 hp, 260 lb-ft torque)
• Engine meets LEV2 standards for emission control
• Electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission and manual shift mode with downshift rev matching or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with standard rear viscous limited-slip differential
• Front engine/rear-wheel drive or ATTESA E-TS™ all-wheel drive (G35x AWD model)
• Advanced Front Mid-ship (FM) platform

Suspension, Steering and Braking
• 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension with extensive use of lightweight aluminum components
• Large diameter front and rear stabilizer bars
• Engine speed-sensitive power rack-and-pinion steering
• Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
• 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes (rotor size increased for 2005), standard 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
• Standard 7-spoke, 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels (new design) with P215/55VR17 all-season tires
• Available 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P235/45R18 high-performance tires (with G35 6MT model or Sport-Tuned Suspension Package)
• Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System
• Available sport-tuned suspension and viscous limited-slip differential

Interior Features
• New, high quality interior look and feel with refined materials and textures, including real aluminum and available straight-grained Rosewood trim
• Redesigned instrument panel and console
• Luxurious, ultra-soft leather-appointed seats
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel with steering wheel-mounted cruise control switches
• 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 4-way power adjustable passenger’s seat, available manual reclining rear seats, standard fold-down rear center armrest with trunk pass-through feature
• Leather and aluminum or available Rosewood accented shifter
• Standard in-dash 6-disc CD changer with MP3 playback capability
• Available Boseฎ premium audio system with 7 speakers, steering wheel audio controls, speed-sensitive auto volume control and RDS radio function
• Fine vision electrofluorescent instrument meter cluster, Infiniti signature analog clock
• Digital automatic temperature control with standard micro filtration and rear heater vents, available dual HVAC control with available rear vents
• Optional DVD-based Infiniti Navigation System with 7.0-inch power retracting screen
• Three available interior colors – Graphite (black), Wheat (new beige color for 2005) and Stone (new gray color for 2005)
• Available Infiniti Intelligent Key

Safety and Security
• Dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt sensors and RF occupant classification sensor
• Front-seat and front and rear curtain side-impact supplemental air bags
• 3-point ALR/ELR seat belts (driver’s seat ELR only)
• Front seat belt adjustable upper anchors with pretensioners and load limiters
• Zone Body construction with energy-dispersing side structure
• Engine mount breakaway design with breakaway driveshaft
• Retracting brake pedal to help reduce lower leg injuries in severe crash
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether for CHildren) child seat anchorage system
• Interior-mounted first aid kit, emergency inside trunk release
• Vehicle Security System with Infiniti Immobilizer

Models and Manufacturing
• Available in three models: G35, G35x AWD and G35 6MT
• Exterior and interior designed at Nissan Technical Center (NTC) in Atsugi, Japan
• Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. in Tochigi, Japan

Thats from infinitinews.com, those are the official changes, im sure theres lots other people on this forum can tell you. Glad your wife is ok

Old 04-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
First of all, thank god your wife is still with us. That's the main thing.

Looks like the totaling thing is going to work itself out, but if not, the first thing I would do is sell or trade it. No doubt. It would never be the same regardless of who did the work IMHO.

Lastly - the 05s have many things improved - not the least of which are a new hood, new tails, new bumpers, HP/TQ bump, and interior. I have been shopping this car since it hit in 03 and finally bit when I saw what they did for 05.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Glad to see that your wife is safe . Being T-boned at an intersection is a frightening thing. I live in Plano too, by your pics, it seems like it happened near a Home Depot (I'm guessing the Home Depot Landscape Center near Custer? That intersection looks pretty dangerous. Some people in Plano drive like idiots,
sudden lane changes, running lights etc (I saw an accident like that happen right before my eyes) and in general, being a**es especially in SUVs and trucks.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Glad your wife is doing fine!!!

Though Nissan may have focused the G35 with style, luxury and performance in mind, it's good to know that they cut NO corners when it came to safety.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wife's G after her accident