G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

05 Vette C6 MT vs 05 G35 Coupe 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove a fully loaded 2005 c6, w/nav, sat, and push button start. (That push button start is sharp in the new vett) They are really totally different car. The c6 has an INSANE amount of power while he G has enough power to satisfy me. Its really what you're looking for I suppose. Personally I wouldn't want to drive a vett as my primary car, but if I could afford a second car the vett would be higher on the list than the G.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Remember that the C6 still uses leaf springs, a pushrod motor and (fiberglass) body-on-frame construction; stuff that was killed from the car scene by most other manufactures decades ago. Add in American automotive quality history, and I'd pass, even if it's for a weekend driver. I'd look at a used 911.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Z2G
Originally Posted by 2JZfan
IMO:

Styling and uniqueness: G35 hands down... I see vettes at every stoplight in every city in America... a G35 with the right wheels/stance/etc. looks better than almost anything on the road...

Power and fun factor: C6 hands down... the G is SLOW as hell... you will not be satisfied if you are buying it to be fast car (assuming of course that you are keeping it stock... but even if you plan on modding the nod still goes to the C6 because as others have noted the C6 takes very well to mods)...

Of course, if you want to beat both cars in both regards, get a Supra LOL, sorry I couldn't resist.
although i agree with you about corvettes being everywhere, HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU SAY THE G IS SLOW AS HELL?!?!? yes, it's not a super-fast sportscar, but it's a nice, powerful sports coupe. it's not a porsche or ferrari, but it's not a yugo or minivan either. if being the fastest car on the road is someone's priority, then they are compensating for something: )~

Old 04-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
roflmfao -> )~ never seen anyone type that before.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:36 PM
sorry, i'm honestly not trying to offend anybody, but it is what it is -- slow!!

I picked up my brand new '05 6MT the other day and I literally called 2 friends before I even made it home to complain about how nutless it was (it was a special order so i had never driven a 6MT before that point)... here's how I look at it, you could argue all day about "what is fast?" but if the G35 can't beat any "fast" cars, by definition it must be slow, right? Of course the G is faster than a mini-van, but you don't see mini-vans raved about in the car mags for being "so much fun to drive"... Considering the reviews I had read I guess I just hoped for a little more of an adrenaline producing driving experience...

The car looks incredible, but i won't consider it to be "thrilling" until it has a pair of turbos under the hood... period.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Form or Function
From what I have heard and read, the new C6 is not the typical chevy POS. But be certain that you have warranty coverage, and expect at least some trouble. The thrill factor should make up 4 it. It is the best bang 4 your buck, period.
Thus, I would go Vette

Old 04-22-2005, 04:25 PM
i'd get G over vette and modify.
if you are not a big fan of modifying, get vette
myself, i'd get G no matter what since i hate domestic cars.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Get the G and with the extra money you save mod it up and have 2 extra seats, better quality, better reliability, cheaper insurance and a car that's just as fast (if you rebuild the internals and get FI). You'll only lose the warranty, but then again, you can't have everything unless you have the money, but if you did you wouldn't be asking, you'd just buy both.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Cts-v

Old 04-22-2005, 06:13 PM
import an R32 GTR Vspec

Old 04-22-2005, 06:21 PM
DCASA
In regards to everyone saying how you will save getting a G over a vette, its kind of relative. At the right time of the year and area you can get 0% financing on Chevy cars, including the vette sometimes. The vette was at 0% once already this year in the CT, NY, NJ area. So if you factor that in, you really cant get a g35 COUPE for under 4% financing or so. So if you get a fully loaded vette you will end up paying like 46k all said and done with intrest and tax. If you get the vette, just normal options you wont be too far off. Most likely within 10K so your talking like 175 more a month. The vettes hold their value very well also.

On another note the vettes are awesome. As common as they are everyone loves a vette. They get looks and they are the best true sports car for the money. Now as far as comparing a g35 to a vette the only things a G has over a vette in my opinion is looks. A g35 is unique, everyone knows variations of vettes. The other thing is a *** car beats a Dom car hands down in regards to reliability as a whole.

Now taking in the whole equation... If i was getting a "weekend driver" i would definitely get the vette. When i bought the G i was looking for an all around sporty car and its the best. After 1 month of ownership i realized it sucked in the snow and got a chevy blazer for bad weather. If i knew i needed two cars, i would have seriously considered a vette. Just a FYI i am a die-hard G35 fan.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Steeeve
Bang for the buck would definitely be the G35 id say, the G35 is, to me, the most practical sports car ever.

Uhhh... No and no.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:29 AM
The cts-v is badass and as soon as you turn the key everyone around knows it. Unfortunately if anyone has sat in one they will agree the interior is crap. Maybe it's just me because I had just come out of an M45. Other than the seats I think the whole interior of that car stinks. A real shame in my book because I absolutely love the exterior and the perf.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Z2G
Originally Posted by 2JZfan
sorry, i'm honestly not trying to offend anybody, but it is what it is -- slow!!

I picked up my brand new '05 6MT the other day and I literally called 2 friends before I even made it home to complain about how nutless it was (it was a special order so i had never driven a 6MT before that point)... here's how I look at it, you could argue all day about "what is fast?" but if the G35 can't beat any "fast" cars, by definition it must be slow, right? Of course the G is faster than a mini-van, but you don't see mini-vans raved about in the car mags for being "so much fun to drive"... Considering the reviews I had read I guess I just hoped for a little more of an adrenaline producing driving experience...

The car looks incredible, but i won't consider it to be "thrilling" until it has a pair of turbos under the hood... period.
wow....this is almost not worth commenting on. first off, why would you purchase a car without test-driving it. secondly, the coupe does 0-60 in 5.5 to 5.9 seconds....that's not slow. even a "super-fast" sportscar will only be about a second faster (even less). for some reason, i feel you would be better suited in a fast (though cheaply made) domestic speed demon like the gto, corvette, ss, or mustang. also, if you just picked up your car, how can you even say how fast it was....it's still in the break-in period. but, whatever floats your boat, dude.

Old 04-23-2005, 05:27 PM
thanx for all the replys exactly what i was looking for. Well...looks like c6 wins this one but then again it costs 15 k more. I will probably get the stock options w the Z51 pck upgraded rotors brakes suspecion etc. other than that i am trying to keep it as low on cost as possible im not rich money is a factor so yea... I can easily afford it il have 20 G's down proly by sept.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 Vette C6 MT vs 05 G35 Coupe 6MT