G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

why do people hate ivory pearl?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should consider filling up the passenger seat with some cheekas and calling it a day its already looking nice. People that dont know when to stop end up with no cheekas but 8' extended tailpipes and 2' chin spoilers instead.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:47 AM
Hahahaha. Good one old. lol Well, there has been the occasionaly few, but for me my car is more important than a girl....at this time in my god given life.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3. White isn't a colour, It's actually the lack of colour. So don't call it a colour.
The varying definitions of "white" still refer to it as a color, so your argument doesn't apply. Of the multiple definitions of "white", one refers to it as "a lack of color"- the rest all acknowledge that white is indeed a color, ranging from "lustrous pale grey", "silver", "the color of snow", "the color of milk", or simply being "pallid or light in color". It also carries the definition "visible reflection of all wavelengths" or "reflection of all colors", while "black" would be "the lack of color".

Technically, since Ivory Pearl is a metallic pearl color, "white" in this instance is defined as "reflecting all colors".

Post-whoring is usually much simpler...

Old 04-25-2005, 04:58 AM
If my parents bought the car, I'd take it in DOO DOO Brown or any color for a BRand New G. Of course, that would never happen and I'm 32 years old.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:25 AM
mrb
What is funny is if you apply this adolescent statement...

it's a girly color
Then, I guess that makes all you white guys queers

This thread belongs up there with the "How do I get flames to shoot out my exhaust"

Old 04-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by annual
Hah lots and lots of saving..and I'll admit I didnt pay for it all but I do pay for everything after I got the car..just got an insurance bill...ugh. I pay 200 a month.
So mommy and daddy did pay for it. Not nice to tell fibs as you did in your first post when you said mommy and daddy didn't pay for it.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:17 AM
It's all relative, and not worth flaming about. Would any of us have turned down a free nice car from our parents when we were 16? I know that I wouldn't have.

I lucked up and inherited a 1970 Impala from my Grandfather when I turned 16, because he couldn't get much for it on trade-in, and thought I'd enjoy it. I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world just to have wheels at age 16. I wrecked that car within 2 years, and then had to save to buy another beater. Long story short, when I bought my first new car after college, I treated it like gold.

I think white is great for a car color. It's so much easier to maintain than the black G35 I just bought. I don't really assign sex to different colors like that.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:18 AM
IMHO I think White is the best color for this car and many other cars...
White is also the common racing color in Japan...
Yes many of my friends asked my why did i get a white car like its ugly or weird (which i think they do mean it). I do not know why but a sports car or nice car does not have to be Silver or Black which is like everywhere.
I like my color because it WAS unique when i got it... when i purchased it i INSISTED to have white when the dealer said no one has ordered one with black interior, doesnt sell or less popular...so what i was one of the first in Boston... now what its everywhere...two of my friend has the same color, another seeing it on the road every morning

Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I forget who's car this is.....but you can't tell me that looks girly

Attached Thumbnails why do people hate ivory pearl?-smaller.jpg  
Old 04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
i love my IP!!

Attached Thumbnails why do people hate ivory pearl?-autox1.jpg   why do people hate ivory pearl?-autox2.jpg  
Old 04-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Lovin' my IP, and getting around 5-8 compliments a week on how "classy" and "clean" it looks...never once got "is it your girlfriend's car?".

Also, not to nitpick, but...someone driving an AT calling *anything* else girly? I personally don't have an issue with AT's, but if we're trolling down to an 11th grade mindset anyway, I'd assume "I drive an Automatic luxury sports car" would be "gayer" than "I drive a White luxury sports car".

Isn't that like owning a dolphin who's afraid of water?

Old 04-25-2005, 11:54 AM
I love the Ivory Pearl on the G. I went out of my way and drove 30 miles to find one. The other thing I like about it is that you don't see many of them. I'm in Dallas and I've seen 2 white coupes since I've been looking. I see the silver, gray, and black ones every day. It's nice to be unique.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ivory05G
I love the Ivory Pearl on the G. I went out of my way and drove 30 miles to find one. The other thing I like about it is that you don't see many of them. I'm in Dallas and I've seen 2 white coupes since I've been looking. I see the silver, gray, and black ones every day. It's nice to be unique.
All though I don't have a problem with any color g....to call any g unique is pretty off the wall. Unless of course it has been modded. What is unique about the same damn car that everyone else has?

Old 04-25-2005, 12:55 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol you guys are cracking me up in this thread, so since we're talking "girly" and I'm a girl myself, here's my stake on the issue:

1. I didn't get IP because most chicks I see in Gs or Zs have red or white, I didn't want to be one of many and there are other colors I take a liking to.

2. I wouldn't think bad of a guy that has IP because it's a "girly" color, it's just a color women prefer on a car and I think it is one of the best, if not the best color to modify. Body kits/rims/etc look amazing on white.

3. Generally, modded IP 6MT >> stock black 5AT G in my eyes, to the person that's so proud of what's in his sig. But the color or the transmission of one's car don't make you more or less "manly". The contents of one's posts, however, does.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
All though I don't have a problem with any color g....to call any g unique is pretty off the wall. Unless of course it has been modded. What is unique about the same damn car that everyone else has?

I wasn't being literal, but I see way fewer white G's, and that makes it a little more unique in my eyes...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: why do people hate ivory pearl?