G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone ever driven a WRX Sti or Lancer EVO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Obsessive Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never driven an STI or an EVO. My best friend has a regular WRX and I've ridden in that many times, and raced him a few times. I beat his car, but not by a lot, however, keep in mind I have a 5AT where he has a manual, and the AWD launch advantage. Hes been in my car when I've gone 135 MPH, and we both agree the G is wayy more stable at high speeds. The WRX is undoubtedly fun though.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
Hes been in my car when I've gone 135 MPH, and we both agree the G is wayy more stable at high speeds. The WRX is undoubtedly fun though.
I'll second that. High speeds in a WRX is white-knuckle city. Not really what it's built for.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I love my boosted honda's and kill both evo's & STI's due to power to weight ratio.
Here's a dyno vid of a 600whp sedan integra
right click save as http://www.evans-tuning.com/videos/ronsteg.mpg

And here are dyno graphs from the guy who tune my teg. And will be tuning my G as soon as I come up with a couple more G's .
http://www.boosted-hybrid.com/viewfo...1d1422e5656d11

Old 05-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Rayfield
I think that STi's and Evo's are being wrecked alot in most places.

Only if you F*** up.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:36 AM
STIs and EVOs are track/autox monsters some of the fastest regional autox times are held by those WRC beasties, i have ridden with a friend in his STI on fun runs and i must say it is flying fast and corners extremely well with the AWD drivetrain, performance-wise those cars are not only fast in the straightlines but also around the bends... been thinking about picking one just for the purpose of autoxing/tracking

Old 05-24-2005, 12:41 AM
It's really a matter of what you want from the car.

My friend just got an 05 G35 6MT and I really like it. It has a better balance of performance/luxery/ride. The interior is unreal with the upgraded Bose and the climate control and the car MOVES. A very good blend of car, they did a great job on it. The car gets noticed by MANY WOMEN. If I didn't buy an STi and test drove this car, I might have got it instead.

The STi/Evo are for those who value performance above all. Those cars are lightning fast, and give you alot of confidence off the line. Alot of people think they are some souped up econ boxes, but if you read about what's beneth the skin, you might change your mind. Every bolt on these cars is different.

I see some people who think the STi will not handle 1XX + MPH speeds.....I've taken this car to 140 MPH, the car gets there without breakin a sweat and felt very stable.

The car still gets alot of looks, but from different crowds. Young kids always point at it, those who know it will glance, some women will wonder what the hell is that thing......and some will challange it in a stoplight not knowing what hit them when the light turns green.

P - Performance

L - Luxery

STi L-------------------------------X---P

G35 L------------X----------------------P

Enough said.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:51 AM
driven and owned both.

both are equally awesome, but the AYC and ACD on the EVO makes it even more fun then the STI. both cars are still very comfy and drives great. both cars have really stiff suspension that makes the G35 feels like a buick. all the equipment on these cars are definatly worth the pricetag, light weight rims, brembos, recaros etc made the car worth it

also with some bolt on, it can insult an Murcielago on the track, i've seen some built evos that their lap time tad slower then the Enzo on track.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Peleg_STi
Only if you F*** up.
Strange answer.
Anyhow, the main demographic that looks for those kinds of cars (WRX's and Evo's) has, over time, shown itself to be amongst the more foolhardy of our driving population. At ClubWRX, you can't go a week without multiple "I wrecked my WRX " threads popping up.

Or to put it in your terms, the guys who drive those cars seem to F*** up more than people who drive many other kinds of cars.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:17 AM
I have never driven these cars but I don't know why so many people don't like the big wings on the Evo's and STI's, these wings have been on the cars for years, through different generations, they represent what Evo's and STI's are all about, serious performance driving machines, they make a statement... I like the Evo wing.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:04 PM
The Evo MR has very nice suspension in my opinion. Its no luxury car but it certainly does not ride much rougher than my friend's G35 Sedan.

I have owned the MR only for about two month and I don't regret one bit about taking it over a G35. It is a seriously fun car to drive. It maintains the handling I loved from my modified 240sx and can out run even my turbo 240sx in the 1/4 while providing me with 4 doors, rear seat space(more than a 240sx) and a trunk. The seats are great and the brakes are great too.

People wreck cars because they don't learn to drive their car properly. Four wheel drive does not defy physics. Any car has its list of wrecks. Young kids with no sense and fast cars often end up in a wreck but that can apply to any car make.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Turbomatic240sx
Young kids with no sense and fast cars often end up in a wreck but that can apply to any car make.
Sure, but the demographic for WRX's, Evo's, and like are....<drum roll...> young kids.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Test drove the Sti and enjoyed every min of it. No real comparison in performance category. I was about to drop the hammer to purchase. When my dear old wife reminded me that I had a caddy butt. And since I work nights the stereo(eclipse dvd sys) had a great potential to get stolen. So G it is. TT in future if I cant make the M3 tax bracket.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:07 PM
hmm .. lets not compare an STI with a G. we all know that a STOCK STI will burn a STOCK G. but again.. if power was priority... you wouldn't have bought the G. G is a Luxury Sports Coupe... an STI is a powerful car with ricey looks.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Rayfield
Sure, but the demographic for WRX's, Evo's, and like are....<drum roll...> young kids.
No argument there... but in price catagory wise the same young kid that can get an Evo can also buy a G35.

Old 05-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Turbomatic240sx
No argument there... but in price catagory wise the same young kid that can get an Evo can also buy a G35.
True that. The G doesn't seem to have the same appeal to many in the younger crowd, though. A couple of teens that I know are really dissappointed that I sold my modded WRX for a G35. No amount of explaining that I can do can convince them..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever driven a WRX Sti or Lancer EVO?