G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need advice, please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Need advice, please help

I have a deposit on a G35 due in the first week of May at the moment and i live in Southern California. However, somebody on this forum brought it to my attention i could get 2500 off MSRP on ANY 05 coupe at a dealership in Northern California 400 Miles from me..

That's basically 700 less than i'm about to pay for the one i have a deposit on. Now my question is do you guys think it's worth it to drive 5-6 hours two ways for 700 bucks?

I also have friends in the San Jose area so i would stop there and stay the weekend there from saturday to sunday. So thats more reason for me to go.

I've calculated it's gonna cost about 125 dollars in Gas, maybe 50 dollars in food for the entire weekend. And a total of about 1400 miles combined on two vehicles...

Just would like to hear some opinions on wehther or not you guys think it is worth it.. In the end i guess facotring in the mileage, gas, food i would probably be only saving near 400.. but i would get to visit some old friends as a bonus.

I know money probably isn't an issue to many of you as some of you might have too much of it.. and 700 bucks isn't a horribly huge amount to me especially out of 38000 dollars but money is still money right?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in SoCal? I got a quote today from Infiniti of Costa Mesa for 500 over the invoice. That's with the 5AT, Navi, Sport, Premium, and Spoiler.

Bring the deal to your local dealer's attention and see if they can match or get closer to it and/or throw in extra incentives (e.g., free service). Assuming you'll get your car serviced there, IMO, you're better off in the long run buying from them.

Friends > Saving Money

In your case its

Friends + Saving money So double the benifit Plus youll get an awsome ride home too

Go for it

Old 04-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
For me it would depend on which dealer I was going to use for service.

Some dealers take better care of their customer than they do of cars purchased at other dealers. SOME, not all.

I had a few options when buying my car - San Antonio (3 hrs), Austin (4 hrs) Houston (4 hrs) or Dallas (6.5 hrs).. I could have saved some money if I drove to Dallas, but the deal in San Antonio was close enough to what I was willing to pay (plus they did much better on my trade) so I bought there. Houston and Austin weren't even close...

I thought it would be easier to schedule maintenance (if needed) if I was talking to people I'd already met and done business with. During my purchase I went and talked with my 'maintenance team leader' and exchanged information with him.

In short, I wouldn't make the longer trip based on the amount of money you state. I count every dollar, believe me, but in this case a little extra money seemed worth the trade off..

Old 04-27-2005, 12:46 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbadbns
Where in SoCal? I got a quote today from Infiniti of Costa Mesa for 500 over the invoice. That's with the 5AT, Navi, Sport, Premium, and Spoiler.
I wish they had that kind of pricing for 6MTs

Bring the deal to your local dealer's attention and see if they can match or get closer to it and/or throw in extra incentives (e.g., free service). Assuming you'll get your car serviced there, IMO, you're better off in the long run buying from them
Yeah but i'm sure there's no way they'll match it.. they could easily sell it to someone else with the kind of demand there is in SoCal. I dont think anybody's been able to get the price i've got on a 6MT in this region..

Some dealers take better care of their customer than they do of cars purchased at other dealers. SOME, not all
Yeah i've wondered about this.. but then sales and service are for the most part independant of each other so i dont think it would affect much.

Thanks for the opinions though. Would appreicate if anybody else could throw their two cents in